Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think everything about this figure looks awesome except for the cape. It looks oh so snuggley soft and too thick, giving the figure that "hey I'm a toy" look. If that makes sense..

I wonder if there's a way to fix it

Im going to wait till its in my hands but yeah, that shot makes it look like a fleece blanky. It should be an easy mod. I plan on distressing the look even more than what they have anyway.

I've dealed with Leo from Goodshipped a couple of times. He's a reliable and great guy to deal it.

For this figure, I initially thot of letting him pass, but after seeing the pictures and how realistic the rubber body is, I just gave up and got him :)) He should be arriving next tuesday :D

Hey did everyone already see these pictures from Joseph tsang

ap_20100322124410490.jpg

ap_20100322124420148.jpg

ap_20100322124429127.jpg

ap_20100322124438639.jpg

ap_20100322124448377.jpg

ap_20100322124457979.jpg

I think everything about this figure looks awesome except for the cape. It looks oh so snuggley soft and too thick, giving the figure that "hey I'm a toy" look. If that makes sense..

I wonder if there's a way to fix it

I think I'm going to try the water-treatment and see if that can't make the cape have a better flow. It always worked for those thick Sideshow Jedi capes...

I think I'm going to try the water-treatment and see if that can't make the cape have a better flow. It always worked for those thick Sideshow Jedi capes...

Can you explain this water trick to me? ..i have hellboy and i will like to give it a go.

Can you explain this water trick to me? ..i have hellboy and i will like to give it a go.

The water trick is that you dress the figure, wet the cloth costume, arrange the wrinkles the way you want them to look, and allow it to air dry. Once it's dry, the cloth will retain the wrinkles and should hang on the body more naturally.

The water trick is that you dress the figure, wet the cloth costume, arrange the wrinkles the way you want them to look, and allow it to air dry. Once it's dry, the cloth will retain the wrinkles and should hang on the body more naturally.

I don't like the idea of wetting the figure but i will give it a go if it improves his overall look, hell if it turns out well it may cheer me up a bit and make up a little 4 the unfortunate breaking of his knee joint..

You can also just undress the figure, wet the clothes, redress and arrange the clothing. I have been doing this for a while now and it works great. Just another way of doing it.

Yeah, since it's just the cape, I'd simply remove it, wetten it, give it some nice folds and then put it on the body to dry...

Edit: whoops, I saw leatherneck just said exactly the same, sorry! :D

About the headsculpt, I wonder if we could get a sculptor from this board to resculpt the screaming head a bit from this:

Leonidas-Extra-Head-3.jpg

into this:

leonidas-copy2.jpg

If only the mouth could be made more open...

Last edited:
You can also just undress the figure, wet the clothes, redress and arrange the clothing. I have been doing this for a while now and it works great. Just another way of doing it.

Ya thats what i have done, its in the drying process now and it already looks much better ..say does anyone know where i can find a good black vest to put on my hellboy? ..sorry 4 going off topic a little, but yes i am all 4 getting leo ..ordering my one next week sometime.

Ya thats what i have done, its in the drying process now and it already looks much better ..say does anyone know where i can find a good black vest to put on my hellboy? ..sorry 4 going off topic a little, but yes i am all 4 getting leo ..ordering my one next week sometime.

could you post some pictures when it´s done? I would love to see the difference

Really? You don't think that headsculpt is good?

To be honest, no, not at all. I don't see either a hint of Gerard likeness, or the mind-blowing realistic look and quality HT have been giving us of late. ala DX Joker, godfather, john conner, arnie, bradd pitt, sam worthington etc. It's just lacking that 'oomph'

Back