Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinegar sets the dye in fabrics - google for the ratios you'll need.

I don't think many people experienced a stained body - I think a few of those who thought they had a stained body found it was actually fine fuzz from the cape. Others might set me straight on that though.
ooo okay then no need to rinse the cape ; i just want to make sure it didnt happen to my leo thats why im asking to many fellow collector ;)

here's mine btw , awesome fig one of the best from HT
10291829_10151980161441580_4785859829995650507_n.jpg

I love the look of this figure and wish some others used this body. Like wolverine and blade. I'm still looking to get this one though. Have not found one in the price range I need. Of course I've only been collecting a short period. Love some of the pics in this thread though. Have not made it thru the whole thing yet so I'm looking forward to more good ones.

I wonder what HT did with this figure that they couldn't do with others regarding the rubber body. There haven't been any issues have there? Mine is fine anyway.

I wonder what HT did with this figure that they couldn't do with others regarding the rubber body. There haven't been any issues have there? Mine is fine anyway.

I've been reading up on this issue since I got into Hot Toys last year, and to be honest, the only issue I've ever seen is with the DX02. I haven't seen any issues with the other rubber figures. The only exception is someone's dutch figure deteriorated because he posed him too much.

Do people keep Leonidas in a dynamic pose or a static pose mostly?

... And Mars Attacks..and original ED209, and Sarah Connor and Abe Sapien.. Yada yada..

... and most of the Xenomorphs, Kane & Dallas....

I don't think anyone has had Leonidas issues. :)

I have these little "pits" here and there on my Leonidias. It's not plagued with them but I have about 3-4 (it's been a while since I looked at them but from what I remember on the inner arms and inner legs. No where too too noticeable). Does anyone else have this?

... and most of the Xenomorphs, Kane & Dallas....

I have these little "pits" here and there on my Leonidias. It's not plagued with them but I have about 3-4 (it's been a while since I looked at them but from what I remember on the inner arms and inner legs. No where too too noticeable). Does anyone else have this?

Probably from the stand if it's on inner thighs.. It marks the rubber. Inner arms don't know.
There are tiny marks from injection moulding on all these though, maybe thats what you mean.

Leo had a shoulder issue at release. There were several on first posing that broke their shoulders. And everyone had the same shoulder so it wasn't from misuse. I know I got one and because people had posted it I was able to slowly work with to get it to break loose.

Probably from the stand if it's on inner thighs.. It marks the rubber. Inner arms don't know.
There are tiny marks from injection moulding on all these though, maybe thats what you mean.

I don't use stands but they're not like paint rubs. It's probably the marks form injection moulding like you said. I'll try and get time this week to post pics; I'm just curious if it's some type of degradation or is it a common non issue

Leo had a shoulder issue at release. There were several on first posing that broke their shoulders. And everyone had the same shoulder so it wasn't from misuse. I know I got one and because people had posted it I was able to slowly work with to get it to break loose.

I didn't follow this thread at all so I'm not savvy with any common problems. Break loose in what sense? Was the shoulder too tight and it was breaking by people forcing it?

I've never had a problem with mine and I've got him into some decent poses without a problem

Mine had those pits in the inside leg too Pop. If they appear it's generally around the tops of the seams.

Someone also mentioned that the dye in the cape was marking the shoulders...but I still hope to get one someday...

I didn't follow this thread at all so I'm not savvy with any common problems. Break loose in what sense? Was the shoulder too tight and it was breaking by people forcing it?

I've never had a problem with mine and I've got him into some decent poses without a problem

What I assume was the rubber when cast, got into the joint and made it hard to move which lead to breaking. Mine was locked up too, but I slowly kept working with it and eventually it loosened up enough to move.

Someone also mentioned that the dye in the cape was marking the shoulders...but I still hope to get one someday...

I don't think that's accurate. There was fuzz that stuck to the skin and so people thought it was staining.

Mine had those pits in the inside leg too Pop. If they appear it's generally around the tops of the seams.

What I assume was the rubber when cast, got into the joint and made it hard to move which lead to breaking. Mine was locked up too, but I slowly kept working with it and eventually it loosened up enough to move.

I don't think that's accurate. There was fuzz that stuck to the skin and so people thought it was staining.

Thanks for the input gents :duff

I'm still gonna get around to posting some pics to see if a lot of others have the pits

Back