Hot Toys 20th Anniversary Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love for them to revisit the Del Toro Hellboy figure. New outfit more accessories better body. Though this is just wishful thinking but I wouldn't mind if they did another Bale Batman from The Dark Knight like some have said new and improved.

This year is Empire's 40th so we will definitely get Bespin Luke, Han and Lando. It's also Batman Begins' 15th anniversary but they will do **** all for that. I was thinking the only thing that will get me excited would be new versions of the TDK trilogy and Indiana Jones.
I think we’ve all figured out that Hot Toys doesn’t do much for anniversaries. So I wouldn’t count on anything necessarily. Not to say that there won’t be any Star Wars releases, but maybe not ESB necessarily. Although I think Bespin Han and Lando are overdue. Weird to me they did the Bespin gown Leia first (even though I am getting her).

I think a BR Catwoman would be great, but the problem I see is the same as with the new Harvey Dent. You're only going to sell so many without a Batman to go with it. A lot more HT fans than when the DX/BR Batmans were released. A 1/4 Keaton Batman makes more sense in that respect.
Probably true. Would have been smart to do Catwoman and Penguin when the Batman Returns Batman released. Still two of my top wants though. Along with a new Nicholson Joker (only because I don’t have the DX08 or 14).

I think we’ve all figured out that Hot Toys doesn’t do much for anniversaries. So I wouldn’t count on anything necessarily. Not to say that there won’t be any Star Wars releases, but maybe not ESB necessarily. Although I think Bespin Han and Lando are overdue. Weird to me they did the Bespin gown Leia first (even though I am getting her).

Doing Leia first was probably just another way to cash in on Carrie’s passing, sad as that sounds. If Ford or Williams pass away any time soon, we’ll probably see a plethora of stuff for them — the gross ways companies cash in on someone’s death is kind of appalling, but it works.

I'd love a new Nicholson but it won't happen. HT won't pony up again for his rights.

I honestly don't get actors and what some want for their likeness. Like I understand it's a business and your face is part of it, but on one hand you get zero, and on the other you get something. Shouldn't you just get something? I'm sure they're not offering $100.

I admit I would love to see a Mark 1 and 3 done right finally and a definitive Tony Stark figure from either Iron Man 1 or Civil War or Endgame with sculpt by GOX.

Not really. There's a huge back-catalogue of MCU stuff they can and probably will release. I expect 2020 to be no different than the past few years as far as ratio of MCU:everything else.

I want more Tron Legacy figures! Even a new light cycle and a new Sam Flynn would be great. I'd love if they released the other items that were planned, but never got made (through Sideshow) as well. Maybe eventually Disney will make a sequel or the rumored reboot and we'll finally get more Tron merch.

I admit I would love to see a Mark 1 and 3 done right finally and a definitive Tony Stark figure from either Iron Man 1 or Civil War or Endgame with sculpt by GOX.

It's kind of surprising they haven't done a Tony figure in a long time, the new quantum suit one is the first one since MMS273 that I can find. I'd love a DX for the Mark 1 that comes with a Tony figure.

Back