Hot Toys 20th Anniversary Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said in the article it's their most ambitious figure line yet. More ambitious than Marvel? This I have to see...

I bet it IS Marvel - just more of the same, cleverly disguised with repaints.

I'd still like them to do a disgruntled Post-Disney-Sell-Out Lucas. They could even give him a Mickey Mouse dart board in 1/6 scale.:rotfl

They said in the article it's their most ambitious figure line yet. More ambitious than Marvel? This I have to see...

I couldn't see that anywhere. Quote is just the same as at the start of this thread.

If it is a new line it'll have to be Avatar I'd say. What other franchise is there coming with multiple movies over the next 5 years ?

I couldn't see that anywhere. Quote is just the same as at the start of this thread.

If it is a new line it'll have to be Avatar I'd say. What other franchise is there coming with multiple movies over the next 5 years ?
Avatar has become a meme-level franchise at this point. There's no way they're going back to it when the one figure they did from the first movie sat there for ages.

I see their ambitious quote from today's post.

2019 has been another amazing year for us here at Hot Toys, and we would love to take this opportunity to thank all of our enthusiastic fans who supported and loved our many collections over the past 365 days!

This year Marvel Cinematic Universe has given Hot Toys the possibility to build our masterpiece series with incredibly balanced details, articulation, and likeness; we were able to advance our craftsmanship to meet our fans’ growing expectations and we could explore more characters’ development potential.

Thank you Hot Toys team for the excellent work and we hope all of our fans would appreciate this astonishing visual featuring our strongest line-up ever based on the epic Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame battle scene!

Be sure not to miss out on the most ambitious Hot Toys’ line-up coming up in 2020!

#HotToys @Marvel @Marvelstudios #HappyNewYear

Their MCU plans in other words. I doubt it refers to anything else. I mean their tags say it all don't they.
The lineup is so ambitious the first announcement is an upgraded version of an old Cap lol

yeah that last line is just a standard "this will be our best year ever" type line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lineup is so ambitious the first announcement is an upgraded version of an old Cap lol

Which

:monkey3 I actually might get - I don't have a Cap, been waiting for a decent one with good shape and proportions....what? I never said they shouldn't make MCU stuff! Just that they could continue to offer stuff for their original fans, the Aliens and Robots guys

Which

:monkey3 I actually might get - I don't have a Cap, been waiting for a decent one with good shape and proportions....what? I never said they shouldn't make MCU stuff! Just that they could continue to offer stuff for their original fans, the Aliens and Robots guys
:lol Totally understand, I'm not against it at all (I have plenty of Caps and don't need it), but I can't help but poke fun at HT's choice of words lol

I should have said "new day, same old cap"... but yeah, if you missed it or like it, go for it! HT just funny with the puffing up of itself!

Oh wow... so it's basically HT saying they will release an even more ambitious line of MCU figures next year after having reached new heights with their MCU line this year...
Great.
Well, good for MCU fans, I guess.

Come on Hot Toys...gimme new Marines, a new DX T-800 from T2...or a new Bane or Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze...

Regarding T-800 - we would want to get away from the moving eyes, so not a DX - just a new go at the likeness, a new body with a better detailed and more natural looking neck, belts that wont crumble into dust, an alternate smirking 'Trust me' headsculpt maybe....

Back