Hot Toys 20th Anniversary Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find myself slowly “tapping out” in boredom at the current Hot Toys offerings. I don’t do comic related characters and there is nothing in the current Star Wars line-up that has me anticipating. I really do hope that HT puts something up for preorder that has me excited. As a collector the anticipation is part of the game and currently I have none.

I find myself slowly ?tapping out? in boredom at the current Hot Toys offerings. I don?t do comic related characters and there is nothing in the current Star Wars line-up that has me anticipating. I really do hope that HT puts something up for preorder that has me excited. As a collector the anticipation is part of the game and currently I have none.

Totally agree. Hot Toys has become a bore.

I find myself slowly “tapping out” in boredom at the current Hot Toys offerings. I don’t do comic related characters and there is nothing in the current Star Wars line-up that has me anticipating. I really do hope that HT puts something up for preorder that has me excited. As a collector the anticipation is part of the game and currently I have none.

This is why we as a hobby collective are supporting 3rd party companies, I've seen more 3rd party companies give us more for our buck.

Not surprised at all. If it were a remake of something like the Mark 1 with a Cave Tony, I would have been excited. They sure are nonchalant about riding the hype wave of their announcement.

I see that their big announcement has started... forget the year of the rat, this is the year of re-releases! Avengers Cap, now Homecoming Iron Man. The "big" part of their announcement - "Watch as we take your money for doing no more new work!"

Magic.

I think their first ever figure was an Ethan Hunt. Am I remembering that correctly? It would be cool if they got the rights and revisited that figure ... eh ... legally. (I wouldn't buy it, but it would be cool.)

My 1st HT was a k reeves swat fig SPEED, long before most knew about ht

Yeah, re-hashing a suit that had 5 minutes of total screen time to do a total and complete money grab is not the best look
to the start off your big "20th", Hot Toys.

Ah well, a year of re-releases will give my checkbook a rest... which I will be grateful for, lol.

I really don't mind the 47 reissue since it is one that almost everyone passed on since the suit is the same model as the 46, so it got a lot fewer preorders. I'd hope for more 2.0's than reissues in the future.

I really don't mind the 47 reissue since it is one that almost everyone passed on since the suit is the same model as the 46, so it got a lot fewer preorders. I'd hope for more 2.0's than reissues in the future.

It was really unpopular and they're re-releasing it?

It was really unpopular and they're re-releasing it?

It was unpopular before release since it's a repaint, but exploded in popularity after, not unlike the Shoretrooper. Also much smaller run and lack of preorders.

If so would really be nice to see Godfather, davy Jones, Edward, terminator dx, Dx08, Dx11 instead of the less wanted figures like fao seng an tonto who have been on on sale for ?100 lol.

Would be so cool too see. A lot of guys missed the older figures but prices are way to high.

I'd be super happy if they reissued godfather.

Last edited:
Back