Hot Toys 20th Anniversary Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it will be post-Disney-sale Star Wars George Lucas with new upset head sculpt, pile of burning Mickey Mouse hats, can of gasoline and a novelty lightsaber lighter. With 1/6 scale bonus memoirs not to be published until after his death, telling how he really felt about Disney and the sequel trilogy.

Haha yeah. I'd buy that !

:rotfl

Touche’.

I have some ideas of things I’d like to see, but I doubt they would ever expand since they want to just do pop blockbusters.

But they never did Newt. Or an alien queen.

Being into science fiction, I’d love to see them do Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Quantum Leap, The Expanse, Lost in Space, etc. At least it would be giving Marvel and Star Wars a rest. But please do baby Yoda first

Actually it was Predator and Alien that made them. And ultimately TDK that gave them the huge leap passed Sideshow and into the Number 1 slot for 1/6th figures in 2008.

Sure, but I meant from a pure cash point of view I would still say it's those Iron Men and the numbers sold in Asia which "made them" rich.

No doubt their excellent headsculpts / and paint apps would have also definitely played a role too.

Maybe it will be post-Disney-sale Star Wars George Lucas with new upset head sculpt, pile of burning Mickey Mouse hats, can of gasoline and a novelty lightsaber lighter. With 1/6 scale bonus memoirs not to be published until after his death, telling how he really felt about Disney and the sequel trilogy.

Count me in! It will go great to the original one I have :panic:

Yeah iron man mk1, another bale batman, or reeve superman are all i can think of. it'll probably be another michael jackson.

What was their last big announcement? I thought they had some big game changer they were announcing the beginning of this year. Was it that we can now get Spiderman and Iron Man in a different scale? Was that the big game changer? The little figures?

I read on here that the "big announcement" part of that post HT did was a translation error and it didn't actually mean A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT but rather just a way to say they are kicking off another year of new figures as in, "Stay tuned for what's coming up this year".

So no I don't think they are teasing something BIG that will blow us away. And yes, it is most likely another Iron Man. My bet would be a Mark I diecast.

I just want them to continue the SW Episode 2 releases so we can get Padme, Jango, and Mace. Hoping for them to turn away from their bread and butter Spider-mans and Iron Mans is just wishful thinking.

I've noticed a lot of Joker DX08's jump up to the $1000AU mark on eBay in the last couple of weeks, so hopefully they know something we don't.

Pretty cool, looking forward to what they have planned. I don’t think you guys would be happy unless you were designing the figures yourself or if it were some 80s movie release :lol

Hoping they have some new/updated Nolan Batman stuff and Avengers 1 figures. Wasn’t collecting back then and some of those prices now are a bit much.

I read on here that the "big announcement" part of that post HT did was a translation error and it didn't actually mean A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT but rather just a way to say they are kicking off another year of new figures as in, "Stay tuned for what's coming up this year".

So no I don't think they are teasing something BIG that will blow us away. And yes, it is most likely another Iron Man. My bet would be a Mark I diecast.

I just want them to continue the SW Episode 2 releases so we can get Padme, Jango, and Mace. Hoping for them to turn away from their bread and butter Spider-mans and Iron Mans is just wishful thinking.

Still love your signature.....could watch her all day long !

1/4 Original Predator & Dutch. 1/6 Chopper Predator 2.0. 1/6 USCM 2.0 (at least Hicks and an Aliens Ripley). Pfeiffer Catwoman and DeVito Penguin. 1/4 Police Station T-800.

Won't happen, but wouldn't it be nice?

Lots of good wants for the 20th mentioned. At the top of my list is:

Any and all 1/6 66 Batman villains. Romero and Penguin especially.

Any new 1/6 1989 Joker and/or Bob

Indy 2.0

1/4 scale 89 Batman

Diecast 1/6 MKI

1/6 ‘92 Catwoman

I’ll take that classic Spidey suit from the game too, please.

Pretty cool, looking forward to what they have planned. I don’t think you guys would be happy unless you were designing the figures yourself or if it were some 80s movie release :lol

Well, yeah, frankly. Otherwise it'll just be business as usual. If you're gonna make a big deal about your 20th anniversary and tell customers to expect figures celebrating that then I don't think the figures we all know they're gonna make anyway - just with 20th anniversary printed on the box or something - is gonna be all that exciting.

I think most of us here would like to see releases that harken back to their entire back catalogue of popular licenses rather than merely focusing on the MCU.

Last edited:
Back