Hot Toys 20th Anniversary Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im having a hard time getting excited about this, as well. I’d kind of like to see them do something they haven’t already done a dozen times. Christ, this company is as boring as Hollywood — retreads, remakes, reimaginings, blah, blah, blah...

20th anniversary would be nice to see (as mentioned above) 2.0 of the very earliest works. Like T1 Reese. Aliens Marines. Its damn time they bring back love for the classics that put them on the map in the first place.

Ripley with Power Loader 2.0

I'd also love a legit Jungle Hunter 2.0

Seeing as HT likes to copy Prime 1 maybe they will do something similar with a 2.0 like Prime is doing with their Big Game Hunter Cover 1:4.

Even though I'm buying it I'd still be down for it shrunk down to 1:6. Pipe dream but these are the things that would get me excited.

So tired of Spider-man and Iron Man rehash after rehash.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
20th anniversary would be nice to see (as mentioned above) 2.0 of the very earliest works. Like T1 Reese. Aliens Marines. Its damn time they bring back love for the classics that put them on the map in the first place.

This. Very this. It seems the logical way to celebrate this anniversary but Hot Toys gonna Hot Toys so more likely it will just be more of

Spider-man and Iron Man

licenses they didn't even have access to when they started.

Last edited:
Riply/Power Loader is a good one. Dutch 2.0, too.

I know these are fantasies but I'd like to see:

The Thing - Come on. It has been long enough and PCS ain't doing it anymore. Give me a DX style Macready. PACK that thing out with everything we'll need with a Norris-spider-head-thing. Oh man. :)

Snake Plissken - A proper one, not that thing Sideshow dumped on everyone.

And since we're in fantasy land I'd really love a good company to start putting out iconic musicians. Jimi Hendrix ( though I know Blitzaway unveiled a prototype), The Beatles, Lemmy, Jim Morrision, etc.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

As far as I can remember, Alien, Predator and Terminator were their breakthrough licenses.
Other than their early dabbling in Modern Military, those three licenses (and in the case of Kyle Reese, unlicensed) were Hot Toys' calling card in the early days, so it makes sense that they should go back and revisit those.

But yeah, I'm sure they will announce some Iron Man or Spiderman variant.

What was their last big announcement? I thought they had some big game changer they were announcing the beginning of this year. Was it that we can now get Spiderman and Iron Man in a different scale? Was that the big game changer? The little figures?

i’m not even a tiny bit excited.

If this were an I wish thread, I wish hot toys would make the millennium falcon, the 66 Batmobile, the Jedi starfighter, the tie fighter, the tie interceptor, updated versions of the alien figures and space Marines, and Newt.

but everyone is right, it will be some new way to reuse their Spiderman and Iron Man Toys. Big whoop.

If they were smart, and I use that term loosely, they would take a very popular figure like Indiana Jones and use their current technology to make a long overdue winner!

Their first figure was George Lucas so I would like for this to be something Star Wars and truly incredible. However, I imagine it will be Iron Man.

I think their first ever figure was an Ethan Hunt. Am I remembering that correctly? It would be cool if they got the rights and revisited that figure ... eh ... legally. (I wouldn't buy it, but it would be cool.)

Pretty sure it was an unlicensed T2 Arnie

Their first figure was George Lucas so I would like for this to be something Star Wars and truly incredible. However, I imagine it will be Iron Man.

I don't know what was first, but I did hope for a Famous Director 2.0 after hearing this haha. The other early unlicensed ones I know of were Neo, Will Smith from Independence Day, and Maverick from Top Gun, which I think were an easy re-use of the same outfit.

Someone on FB mentioned however that there's some multi-envelope thing that's related to Chinese culture and Chinese New Year announced in the China/HK Hot Toys page, so it may be nothing. I honestly don't know what they could do that would be 'exciting' besides revisiting older releases or doing some classic characters they've never done before. If it's just going to be business as normal this year, who cares about the anniversary then?

It's going to be a stormtrooper with the Spiderman robot arms and web slingers but painted in Iron Man colours in a hall of armour with UV price tag.

I also think they'll use this anniversary to revisit Iron Man 1 die cast. After all it's Iron Man that made them what they are.

I'd also buy an Indy 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 474282
【TWO DECADES OF COLLECTIBLES】

2020 marks the 20th year of Hot Toys!

In 2000, Hot Toys has kicked-off its adventurous journey, establishing a strong bond with international collectibles community, growing and bringing new perspectives for fans to appreciate high-end collectibles, skillfully blending exquisite craftsmanship and refined skills to create numerous collections of distinctive masterpieces taken inspiration from pop culture including movies, comics, TV series, video games and more.

2020 marks a significant milestone to us, please stay tuned to upcoming announcements to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Hot Toys!

#HotToys #20anniversary

Sure looks like Iron Man colors.

After all it's Iron Man that made them what they are.

Actually it was Predator and Alien that made them. And ultimately TDK that gave them the huge leap passed Sideshow and into the Number 1 slot for 1/6th figures in 2008.

Maybe it will be post-Disney-sale Star Wars George Lucas with new upset head sculpt, pile of burning Mickey Mouse hats, can of gasoline and a novelty lightsaber lighter. With 1/6 scale bonus memoirs not to be published until after his death, telling how he really felt about Disney and the sequel trilogy.

Maybe it will be post-Disney-sale Star Wars George Lucas with new upset head sculpt, pile of burning Mickey Mouse hats, can of gasoline and a novelty lightsaber lighter.

And a .38 Special...

3kso1g.jpg

Saying HT is boring now... but most of the suggestions here are revisits and 2.0's... nothing new hah.

Back