Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pjam, you MUST show us this get up when you have it put together! This was the first 'mock up' I thought of when I saw the movie. :banana

Yeah, Buttmuch and I are doing NJ's. And YOU KNOW I'll be posting pics, prolly won't be till September though as I'm having Les detail the outfit and maybe do a alternate head and I won't even get the figure til August...

I still have to figure out whether I want to do a full NJ figure or just an alternative outfit...

Other than the collar not fitting around the neck, was there any other issues with the Joker figure?

Not really. He had one of his feet off in the package, but that popped right back on. The only very minor thing is that the "leg warmer" socks can get out of place more easily than normal socks (going up the leg and leaving a gap at the bottom, for example). Quality-wise I'd say it's a home run.

Not really. He had one of his feet off in the package, but that popped right back on. The only very minor thing is that the "leg warmer" socks can get out of place more easily than normal socks (going up the leg and leaving a gap at the bottom, for example). Quality-wise I'd say it's a home run.

Excellent! Can't wait. Man, what a month.

When you consider the amazingly well tailored, detailed intricate outfit, there is a lot to this fig. The Coat alone is a masterpiece, not to mention all the other parts.

It really is a tour de force Figure, just needs a tweak repaint and it's NUTZ.

the aliens hot toys marines were all one piece necks. Has never bothered me with those but I suppose it would definitely be more useful for the Joker to have a two separate joints with all the different poses he does in the movie.
Either way not a big deal for me , I have a custom head coming from Les so either way it would of been removed anyway ! :rock

I know what ya mean. i've got a full set of the Aliens marines, but ya, i do think he would have benefitted from the extra jont, and so would they, but like i said, not a deal breaker.

Is DC actually going to have these? I'd be surprised - they're supposed to be limited edition, only in Asia.

It's all guesswork of course, but the prices of similar figures like those in the Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean line distributed by Sideshow ranged from $125 to $150. In my case, the Joker was $138.88 before shipping (and the live.com rebate cashback discount) so I don't expect the DC Direct distribution to result in a significant savings, given the amount of time you'd have to wait. Of course if you're paying more for these figures, like the $175+ that I've seen, then it would be a different story.

Yes they are one piece.

???

What? That's horrible - do you mean that his head can't even move from left to right? No up and down? It's just stuck straight ahead?

Honestly, that's a big disaster for me. Why would they do that? If it's possible, I'll saw his head off and stick it on another HT body.

Ah - so it's more like a sideshow head - I assume there's a piece that gives it some mobility at the bottom there?

What's the advantage of doing it that way vs the way they did Superman's head?

This way gives a more realistic looking neckline. The superman style neck ( which I prefer) Gives a less realistic looking neckline, but a greater range of posibility, and more lifelike poses.

Ah - so it's more like a sideshow head - I assume there's a piece that gives it some mobility at the bottom there?

What's the advantage of doing it that way vs the way they did Superman's head?
There isn't one. :mad:

Don't know why on earth HT used this type for The Joker, a piece that just cries out for head and neck movement.

Maybe it'd interfere with the necktie? It can't be because of the look as the necktie and collar would hide the neck line vs the superman neck joint which is totally visible.

In any case articulation is the most important to me.

Last edited:
Back