Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hairline is very screwy. The white paint should end at the forehead and the part should not should so much skin.

How do you mean? The hairline looks about right:

dk2.jpg

Joker's hair (and the paint around the hairline) gets fussed and messed up pretty often in the film.

Slight redo. Quibbles about details aside, I think it looks a lot more like the Joker from the movie with more makeup. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do.

ht_joker18.jpg
ht_joker19.jpg
ht_joker20.jpg

The DC Hairline is completely wrong, it's all matted down, not screen accurate, but the face was an actual Heath scan so it looks more like him.

Les redid the DC hair sculpt and his Joker head looks the best I've seen so far.

But, the HT Joker with a tweak repaint is the most menacing I've seen and makes a great TDK Joker. I'd like to see pics of a Les Head on HT Joker.

Many are doing this.. and I might too unless I use the Les head for my Nurse Joker.

I'm planning to use the HT head and Les' head on my Joker. Les' head has a great look for calm, collected, calculating Joker, HT's is great for madman running loose Joker. He really is a man of a thousand faces in TDK.

I'm prolly gonna use the Les head for my Nurse Joker...

But I gotta tell ya, from some of the HT repaints I've seen, and there will be more and better ones to see, The HT Joker with a great repaint is a kickass piece IMO...

Ya, I'm still debating a repaint or not. I don't often get figures repainted and something in me has a hard time going that route, not money reasons or anything, just an attachment to being able to take a piece out and know it's the factory effort all over.

How many heads are there? Can someone post a comparison? I'd do it, but I don't have pics of all the heads, I don't think.

So there's:

DCD Joker sculpt
Les' reworked DCD Joker sculpt
HT Joker sculpt

Is there another?

How many heads are there? Can someone post a comparison? I'd do it, but I don't have pics of all the heads, I don't think.

So there's:

DCD Joker sculpt
HT Joker sculpt

Is there another?

There are tons of them on ebay but none of them are very good, even a rooted hair Joker. Then there's Josh (DA) Joker head too.

I think Yulli's sculpt is there, just needs some tweaking, that's all. She hasn't done a bad head yet. I have her Brando Jor El and it's a Masterpiece.

So there's:

DCD Joker sculpt
HT Joker sculpt

Is there another?

Well, if you want to be technical.

DCD Sculpt
Hot Toys Sculpt
Medicom Sculpt
Les Walker Reworked DCD Sculpt
DarkArtist Regular Sculpt
DarkArtist Bank Robbery Sculpt
Sovereign Studios Joker

I don't know his name, but someone is offering up 2 Joker sculpts now, they haven't been made yet but are slated and taking orders. In some ways, I think Joker could end up being overdone in the end. Josh's work was great because it was the first and really took a lot to make it happen. Les' is great because it took something that could have been great and wasn't and made it great. Now, I think the hype of the movie is going to lead to lots of people making various heads, and it'll be cool to see various interpretations, but it could end up like a radio station playing a new hit too much, you hear it so many times in a short span and you get sick of it. I'm keeping my focus to this HT figure which I'm buying, Les' head, which I'm buying, and Josh's because he's my friend and I support his work, all these other new heads being done, I'm not going to even check them out, I don't want to become sick of seeing Ledger Joker.

Couple of pics from Comic-Con...

Sorry for the flash. The detail on these figures is SO impressive. Pictures don't do them justice and you will love seeing them in person.

P1000182.jpg

P1000190.jpg

is dc importing both figures? I was only able to get joker through toys2, will DK batman be available here stateside as well?

Back