Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Joker Picture Thread

If the collar is too small to close, there's not much you can do besides soak it and pull/stretch at it. When it dries it may be just a tad longer. Maybe just enough.

And like a genie...he's gone.

If I can chime in, too. You could also tie a bit of wire around collar to tighten it as well. I've done this a few times and it works great and will hide well under the collar and tie. The tie might not be strong enough by itself. I use the kind of wire for hanging pictures, etc. It usually has a plastic coating to keep it from rusting and I've used it to tighten pants, collars, etc.

Even with the collar 'as is' this is still a genius figure. Cannot believe how fast they cranked these out. The week after the movie is released?? Bravo, Hot Toys!

I was able to get it to look like this with some glue dots under the collar to hold them in place. However, you may be able to see that behind the tie, his neck still shows through.

ht_joker12.jpg

I was able to get it to look like this with some glue dots under the collar to hold them in place. However, you may be able to see that behind the tie, his neck still shows through.

ht_joker12.jpg

That's a great picture no matter what. Very menacing, expressive and 'JOKER'.

The tailoring is indeed the highlight of this figure. Wonderful stuff.

By the way, someone posted on the other thread that these were going to be released by DC in December. Is this the case, and would it make the selling price a little less?

Last edited:
I love the detailing on this figure. Two coats and a vest, all with great tailoring and satin linings. A metal chain. Realistic looking belt.

ht_joker13.jpg

If and when HT does a V2 Joker, I highly doubt we'll ever see this overcoat again, just saying.

By the way, someone posted on the other thread that these were going to be released by DC in December. Is this the case, and would it make the selling price a little less?

It's all guesswork of course, but the prices of similar figures like those in the Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean line distributed by Sideshow ranged from $125 to $150. In my case, the Joker was $138.88 before shipping (and the live.com rebate cashback discount) so I don't expect the DC Direct distribution to result in a significant savings, given the amount of time you'd have to wait. Of course if you're paying more for these figures, like the $175+ that I've seen, then it would be a different story.

Re: Hot Toys Joker Picture Thread

I think the same. The figure was made to be posed like the picture Krayt posted with the head a little down.

BDS_TDK_Film_15.jpg

Repainted figure:
_MG_4872.jpg

From that picture Hot toys sculpted the figure. If you look to the poses of the hand, is the same as the figure:

This repaint is awesome, how much and from who do I get this service?:horror

I don't remember that happening in the movie.

Well, I remember various things having joker faces on them in the movie. I don't recall if any money had it. But one of the promotional things they did leading up to the movie was to distribute money with joker faces painted on them. Instead of "In God We Trust" they say "Why So Serious?"

The tailoring is outstanding, barring the collar issue. But to me, this figure is already the best dressed 12" I've ever seen, with Clubber Lang south side edition as a close 2nd. I'm talking "regular" cloths here, not fancy super hero or historical drag.

Back