Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man Thrust I was never interested in this figure but damn if yours doesnt make me regret not getting it!!!:gah: The little tweaking you did really brings it to perfection..superb job man... WOW!! Would like to see more pics if you get the time please.

You need to check out Thrust's thread. He did a little more than a "little tweaking". He shortened the neck and replaced the entire face :horror Not to mention the nice padding work he did.

His bats looks REALLY good but to do it, I would have to get a whole new head. Couldn't risk destroying my original head.

I bet the neck shortening has a lot to do with the effectiveness of that look. I just couldn't get it with the padding alone. However, I found that if you just put some padding on top of his shoulders/trapezius muscle area, it creates the illusion of his head being lower, which makes him look a bit bulkier. It is a subtle difference, but it seems that less futzing is now required to make him look reasonably bulky.

When you say shortened the neck you mean just the bottom of the cowl right? So that there's more space between the bat on his chest and the bottom of the cowl. If he shortened the neck it wouldn't have mattered because the neck adapter keeps the head as a certain height. Unless he used a shorter neck adapter. Is there one?

When you say shortened the neck you mean just the bottom of the cowl right? So that there's more space between the bat on his chest and the bottom of the cowl. If he shortened the neck it wouldn't have mattered because the neck adapter keeps the head as a certain height. Unless he used a shorter neck adapter. Is there one?

correct. i just cutted it because there were just too much material of the cowl, so it gaves you the illusion that the neck is too long. So i cutted a bit on the bottom.

But I also played with the idea to mod the neck in anyway, so it would really be a bit shorter. but how i should do this, i still have to find a way :D

Hey guys ive been looking to pick up this figure and i just got an offer for him for 350 MISB. Is that a fair price or what is he going for these days? I see on ebay for like 500 buyout but ebay is always pricey.

That sounds reasonable to me...that's what I payed a few months ago, only the seller sweetened the deal by throwing in a tuxedo and Truetype for a Bruce bash.

If it is indeed sealed then thats a fair price. only used and incompletes tend to go lower.

hi guys, this fig had been around for some time now, does anyone experience tear or breakage on the rubber suit? or any form of defects appeared?
the rubber used for this version seems much better than the DX batman of mine.

i got tempted to take some pics of my bats with the bat-signal, even it's broke. but in the dark it's not noticeable:

bbeginssignal.png

bbeginssignal3.png

bbeginssignal4.png

bbeginssignal5.png

bbeginssignal6.png

As usual, it looks terrific Thrust.

hi guys, this fig had been around for some time now, does anyone experience tear or breakage on the rubber suit? or any form of defects appeared?
the rubber used for this version seems much better than the DX batman of mine.
I have seen auctions and figures sold here with tears in the rubber, but never noticed any issues on mine. Certainly, he doesn't leak.

As for the value, I think $350 for a sealed figure is a fair deal. Don't pay attention to eBay auctions that don't sell. I could list mine with a BIN of $2,000, but that doesn't mean it is worth that. It would just be wishful thinking :D

I picked mine up for $320 from ebay no box and missing only a hand or two. The suit showed signs of wear in the arm due to posing I assume. No tearing here and he ain't going to be posed in any action shots in the future either or at least not for long :p
Thrust nice pics :D Just wish mine will arrive soon and without any damage Mr. Postman

I picked mine up for $320 from ebay no box and missing only a hand or two. The suit showed signs of wear in the arm due to posing I assume. No tearing here and he ain't going to be posed in any action shots in the future either or at least not for long :p
Thrust nice pics :D Just wish mine will arrive soon and without any damage Mr. Postman

Geil. You ordered ANOTHER OC Batman?? When?

Hey Thrust can you take pics of the back of your OC Batman? I know the back has that point at the end. How did you cut that? Or did you not cut that at all?

I have my figure sealed and am selling for 350 sealed. I'm just waiting to see if a member will be interested. However, if he doesn't do you think that I should go on ebay or offer it here for another person. My first intuition is not to let it go as its rare and will never be found again. Any thoughts ppl. Thxs

Back