Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no point. It was a fact. There would be no photoshopping threads if it wasn't. Otherwise it would have been a hillside full of heavenly scented marigolds and daffodils.

There was no big deal until under 10 hours later when you posted. Only you were so compelled to post about it. Hence I'm taking that long between replies.

You're doing everything you hate about journalists. Just without making a living from it.

Well let's just agree to disagree then. I love speculating about films and toys that I enjoy, i love picking apart inaccuracies in the toys and flaws in films. So i'll continue to do so

:wave
:peace

If one cannot afford this version of the tumbler.. what version should I buy? I want one for display without spending this much. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be huge.. just the size of a 1/6 figure or bigger would be nice.

If one cannot afford this version of the tumbler.. what version should I buy? I want one for display without spending this much. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be huge.. just the size of a 1/6 figure or bigger would be nice.

I think there's a r/c one from Radio Shack or something that some people were using to display with their Hot Toys Batman figures. I'm sure somebody else has more info about it than I do.

besides the Hot Toys Tumbler and the Tyco Radio Controlled, there are no other large Tumblers to display with 1:6 figures.

The Mattel Tumbler is nice for what it is, but its for 6" figures.

you can always call up New Deal Studios and see if they can make you a 1:3 Tumbler like they did for the actual Dark Knight movie, but i would guess you would have to pay 20,30,50-100k for it. :) But im just joking here because they obviously cannot make one for us fans. they would be under strict contract and license with WB & Nolan for the movie only.

I always wondered if they would ever put one at auction someday. I know someone who bought one of the Super Swamper tires from the 1:3 Tumbler from the Begins models, but i have never seen the entire full size 1:3 Tumbler out there in the movie prop collecting world.

the DC Direct "Black" tumbler is hard to find. little easier to find the camouflage version of it which usually goes for around $200...I havent seen a black one really for sale so i dont know what its going for.

The 1:18 "Elite" Hot Wheels version is very nice. you can get it anywhere from about $50-80. Its the best of the Hot Wheels versions, has a little better paint job than the regular version of 1:18 Hot Wheels Tumbler.

So I would go for the Elite Hot Wheels if you cant find the DC Direct version. Id like to get the Black DC direct version myself, but i just hardly ever see it for sale, and i wouldnt be surprised if its well over $300 by now...

and if you want to go a cheaper route in large scale, the Mattel Tumbler i think is the best for the money. you can get them on eBay for $25 MIB. Its nice and large scale toy and it looks far better than the Tyco Radio Control tumbler... there are 2 versions. there was a Batman Begins version and a little harder to find Dark Knight version. I believe the toy is exactly the same, just the box is has a different design for each film. The Dark Knight version might of been Target exclusive possibly?

I was lucky to find a Tyco RC at Walmart years ago on clearance for $30. YES!!! It's not 100% scale I think but pretty close. If you can find it for a good price I would say go for it.
Here it is so you can see size compared to a 1/6 fig:
CIMG4913.jpg

I hae a DCD black tumbler I'm looking to sell to help fund a HT tumbler. It is mint and only been displayed briefly. Has COA and original packaging including shipper. If anyone is interested pls PM an offer - thanks :)

the DC Direct "Black" tumbler is hard to find. little easier to find the camouflage version of it which usually goes for around $200...I havent seen a black one really for sale so i dont know what its going for.

The 1:18 "Elite" Hot Wheels version is very nice. you can get it anywhere from about $50-80. Its the best of the Hot Wheels versions, has a little better paint job than the regular version of 1:18 Hot Wheels Tumbler.

So I would go for the Elite Hot Wheels if you cant find the DC Direct version. Id like to get the Black DC direct version myself, but i just hardly ever see it for sale, and i wouldnt be surprised if its well over $300 by now...

and if you want to go a cheaper route in large scale, the Mattel Tumbler i think is the best for the money. you can get them on eBay for $25 MIB. Its nice and large scale toy and it looks far better than the Tyco Radio Control tumbler... there are 2 versions. there was a Batman Begins version and a little harder to find Dark Knight version. I believe the toy is exactly the same, just the box is has a different design for each film. The Dark Knight version might of been Target exclusive possibly?

What's a fair price for the Bat-pod these days? ..on ebay many sellers have it from $1000 -$1800.

Wow really? I would have thought $600-700 was a fair price.. but I may be off.

I bought mine for under $200 on an ebay auction back when it was released!

Wow really? I would have thought $600-700 was a fair price.. but I may be off.

I bought mine for under $200 on an ebay auction back when it was released!

Well that's ebay remember prices are always higher ..i'm asking because i think i need to sell my one to fund Rainman's Bill the Butcher.

The BatPod seems to have gone up in price recently. I think its been over $800+ now. I bought mine last year for $250, and got the Tumbler for $450 off eBay from the same seller. She was a new eBayer with (0) feedback, so no one bid on them except me. I took a chance and she was a good seller. i usually dont buy from anyone who has (0) feedback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back