Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: re-releases, HT usually only does that when there are significant improvements to be made. I don't see that being the case here. They could do it, of course, but are they gonna create an entirely new mold? Transform it into a remote controlled car? Integrate it with the Batpod that will pop out at the flip of a switch?

Batman would display a loyalty to his vehicles and the Tumbler had served him very well.And just like in the scene in Begins where Alfred suggests ordering 10,000 cowls it s not beyond reason that they d also order enough spares for many Tumblers.

The difference is, they ordered 10,000 cowls to hide who they were and deflect suspicion (so they looked like any other company by ordering in bulk), not out of any form of loyalty. And ordering "Tumblers," in any quantity, is always going to make you look suspicious.

However, dialogue from "Batman Begins" suggests there were two Tumblers, so maybe he's using the backup.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Gonna call bull____ there. :wink1:

Call what you want, but you're just displaying a profound ignorance of both Nolan and people in general.

Nolan's a director and a film-maker. All he's interested in doing is making movies. And his previous successes have afforded him the rare position of not having to compromise and negotiate with rights-holders, investors, and studios, because the sheer level of skill he displays in his craft is worth billions to the studio, without the need for supplementing their income with more marketable products than are already present.

Nolan couldn't care less about squeezing every last possible cent out of the Batman franchise. If a new suit or a new vehicle won't improve his next movie in his eyes, he won't use them.

The difference is, they ordered 10,000 cowls to hide who they were and deflect suspicion (so they looked like any other company by ordering in bulk), not out of any form of loyalty. And ordering "Tumblers," in any quantity, is always going to make you look suspicious.

However, dialogue from "Batman Begins" suggests there were two Tumblers, so maybe he's using the backup.

Call what you want, but you're just displaying a profound ignorance of both Nolan and people in general.

Nolan's a director and a film-maker. All he's interested in doing is making movies. And his previous successes have afforded him the rare position of not having to compromise and negotiate with rights-holders, investors, and studios, because the sheer level of skill he displays in his craft is worth billions to the studio, without the need for supplementing their income with more marketable products than are already present.

Nolan couldn't care less about squeezing every last possible cent out of the Batman franchise. If a new suit or a new vehicle won't improve his next movie in his eyes, he won't use them.

Completely Agree with you!!!!!!!!!
Nolan does what he wants. He could care less about merch and all that. He didnt even let them make a TDK video game which could of sold millions of copies.

They arent going to make any new vehicles unless it makes sense with the story. And i highly doubt they will make a new Batmobile. The 2nd Tumbler is available still. And who knows what has happened with Bruce's relationship with Fox. He could of shut down Applied Sciences.

whatever happens, whatever they do, i have full faith in Nolan :)

As for the Hot Toys BatPod & Tumbler, they may do another release of it. But with tough manufacturing issues, i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt. Now with the Tron cycles, it does seem that they like to keep trying vehicles when possible. But i think they like to keep things exclusive and rare. so probably unlikely they do another run of them.

I just cant wait until they have a Bane & Catwoman release!!

Last edited:
...and today with a totally different economy with no light at the end yet.

:lol That won't stop a thing. A $230 Iron Man variant at SDCC sells out in the flash of an eye, people are paying $800 for a Mark I, while the economy is bad that isn't stopping folks. This hobby always has been and always will be a luxury and while a lot of folks are currently getting priced out there are more than a few who are hanging in for whatever, if not companies like Cinemaquette with their $2000 pieces or even $15000 Bronze pieces from SSC would be rotting shelves and they'd be out of business.

Re: re-releases, HT usually only does that when there are significant improvements to be made. I don't see that being the case here. They could do it, of course, but are they gonna create an entirely new mold? Transform it into a remote controlled car? Integrate it with the Batpod that will pop out at the flip of a switch?

I don't have the original but I do have the Batpod and the thing is primarily plastic, I could see them integrating more metal parts, different paints, even some of the advances seen in the upcoming Lightcycle in terms of moving parts and pieces.

Without having the Tumbler I can't speak definitively but I'm sure if folks thought hard enough they could figure out what could be done not to mention that we don't know what extras it'll have in TDKR, what if the side panels pop off and have huge machine guns, I could see that addition as enough.

I'd agree with Vodoun. The world economy is in a mess, the cost of oil is at an all time high, and by extension the materials used to make these collectibles.
As good as it was, the Tumbler wasn't this success story a few of you suggest and the problems were well documented. You can rational this all you want but You really don't have to be a genius to know they'll never release this thing again. It's all pie in the sky.
Shoulda bought it when you could. Snooze you loose I'm affraid...

:lol That won't stop a thing. A $230 Iron Man variant at SDCC sells out in the flash of an eye, people are paying $800 for a Mark I, while the economy is bad that isn't stopping folks. This hobby always has been and always will be a luxury and while a lot of folks are currently getting priced out there are more than a few who are hanging in for whatever, if not companies like Cinemaquette with their $2000 pieces or even $15000 Bronze pieces from SSC would be rotting shelves and they'd be out of business.

Is that why there has been a slow decline in releases from Hot Toys? it's not the same as it was back in 2008/09. People just aren't spending the same on these things anymore. Look at the whole hoopla for the 10th anniversary. "Guaranteed sell out! wont be able to get them! crazy prices! very rare!"

Things will slow down but they wont die. It's just hard times for everyone, even business.

You really don't have to be a genius to know they'll never release this thing again. It's all pie in the sky.
Shoulda bought it when you could. Snooze you loose I'm affraid...

Quoted just in case. :lol

Honestly even if they DID release another Tumbler, I'd be more apt to pass on it in favor of an 89 Burton Batmobile.

ill be shocked if they release another Tumbler or Batpod. It would be cool if they did more diorama stuff from the Nolan films.

the Tumbler and Bat Pod are so fragile, it had to be a production nightmare. Ill never forget the day i opened them and i was just floored by how huge they were. Everytime i look at the Tumbler it amazes me they were able to pull this off.

I can see them sticking to more smaller vehicles in the future like the Tron cycles, etc...

Really.... my issues certainly are not with what ifs and what nots. Certainly not with trivia, certainly not with films and certainly not with merchandize. You'd certainly make a great journalist though. Since most of the time it has very little substance.

What's your point? So a lot of us like to speculate about an upcoming film or toys that we love, what's the big deal?

For the record I detest 99% of journalists as they have no substance

But comparing the news with, let's face it, nerds on a nerd forum, is not the most valid of comparisons

What's your point? So a lot of us like to speculate about an upcoming film or toys that we love, what's the big deal?

But comparing the news with, let's face it, nerds on a nerd forum, is not the most valid of comparisons

What about psycho nutbags on a nerd forum? :huh

What's your point?

There was no point. It was a fact. There would be no photoshopping threads if it wasn't. Otherwise it would have been a hillside full of heavenly scented marigolds and daffodils.

what's the big deal?

There was no big deal until under 10 hours later when you posted. Only you were so compelled to post about it. Hence I'm taking that long between replies.

You're doing everything you hate about journalists. Just without making a living from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back