Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like both the Batpod and the Tumbler are back in TDKR from set photos. I wonder if HT will re-release or hit us up with new ones?

batmobilepittsburgh1.jpg

So these are recent photos?

I saw those the other day and thought they were from the TDK

I just dont see WB/DC/Nolan using the same material for TDKR. These people arent stupid and are marketing geniuses. They know there is to much revenue to be made from this film and its merchandise and Im quite sure they wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to capitalize off of introducing a new suit and vehicles.

So these are recent photos?

I just dont see WB/DC/Nolan using the same material for TDKR. These people arent stupid and are marketing geniuses. They know there is to much revenue to be made from this film and its merchandise and Im quite sure they wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to capitalize off of introducing a new suit and vehicles.

Second photo in that set:

batmobilepittsburgh2.jpg

Are you sure? I think they were just posted today.

Don't conflate Nolan with WB/DC. Nolan's an artist, not a businessman - he doesn't give a damn about marketing (insofar as he's allowed to make the best movie he can make).

Certainly WB/DC would want to maximize revenue by introducing new designs - but in this case, I think Nolan has absolute free reign. WB/DC are happy that they got him to come back for a third one, because that pretty much guarantees a huge ROI either way, and part of his condition for returning was almost certainly complete artistic control of the project. That includes the ability to deny the marketing people new designs just for the sake of new designs.

Batman would display a loyalty to his vehicles and the Tumbler had served him very well.And just like in the scene in Begins where Alfred suggests ordering 10,000 cowls it s not beyond reason that they d also order enough spares for many Tumblers.

Im kinda sad not because I do nt love the Tumbler but because I ll jump on any new take on the Batmobile at any given opportunity in a film.

Last edited:
Looks like both the Batpod and the Tumbler are back in TDKR from set photos. I wonder if HT will re-release or hit us up with new ones?

nam, correct me if I'm wrong... wasn't there word around way back before and after release Hot Toys lost so much money on these production runs due to damages etc that it's unlikely it would happen again. Hence it was delayed endless times.

nam, correct me if I'm wrong... wasn't there word around way back before and after release Hot Toys lost so much money on these production runs due to damages etc that it's unlikely it would happen again. Hence it was delayed endless times.

I remember reading about the tumbler not being as successful as they'd hoped. I do also remember reading about a substantial amount of issues with the lights.

I'm sorry, are you criticizing "The Great One" for something such as having a base interest in making money??? Pshaw. He works for the joy of working and donates all his money to charity while living in a cardboard box under a bridge.

This is true. Enforced by the fact that the cast was made up entirely of no-name, Z-lister actors. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Batman would display a loyalty to his vehicles and the Tumbler had served him very well.And just like in the scene in Begins where Alfred suggests ordering 10,000 cowls it s not beyond reason that they d also order enough spares for many Tumblers.

Im kinda sad not because I do nt love the Tumbler but because I ll jump on any new take on the Batmobile at any given opportunity in a film.

I do love the Tumbler and am glad to see Bats has a backup. The definition of BADA$$:

full2.jpg

Hoping HT will re-release an improved version of these vehicles since I miss the early ones :pray: :pray: :pray:

Improved version? you make it sound like it's terribly inaccurate. Even when Hot Toys has came out with second or third versions it's never been that greatly improved like some make out as if it was Oscar material. Look at all the moaning in threads to this day.

I remember reading about the tumbler not being as successful as they'd hoped. I do also remember reading about a substantial amount of issues with the lights.

Don't forget the poor packaging and bits getting snapped.

Since HT made 3 versions of the begins suit I would not be surprised to see them re-release another Tumbler, Batpod and a third TDK costume figure if they're featured in TDKR. TDK was a huge cash cow for them and I expect the same treatment for this new Batman flick.

You obviously never read the articles/magazine snips/scans years back regarding those big vehicles. Hot Toys wasn't in profit with them unlike the figures.

Endless delays for a pre-order list before the project was a go. Plus a lot of returns due to damaged items in transit. The release was a giant cluster...........not so much the Pod. The Pod still had issues but not to the scale as the Tumbler.

I remember reading it was nearly cancelled because of complications from all the delays.

Oh I've read plenty of fan boy complaints and conjecture over the years, too much really, but I don't think HT has made public their profit reports. But perhaps the HT experts here and bat know-it-alls have insider info. :wink1:

Bottom line, if HT thinks they can make money off it they will re-release it, and perhaps beef up the packaging.

You obviously never read the articles/magazine snips/scans years back regarding those big vehicles. Hot Toys wasn't in profit with them unlike the figures. Endless delays for a pre-order list before the project was a go. Plus a lot of returns due to damaged items in transit. The release was a giant cluster...........not so much the Pod. The Pod still had issues but not to the scale as the Tumbler. I remember reading it was nearly cancelled because of complications from all the delays.

The thing is that was then. With how high both the Tumbler and Batpod are going, re-releases or even slight retools would sell without question. Fans would gobble them up regardless of what happened in the past. The secondary market has a funny effect on these things where originally something doesn't seem like a good idea but when something is going for double on the secondary it's almost an assurance that people will buy it without a doubt for retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back