Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89BkoKS.jpg

Not on their Facebook, so I'll assume it's fake.

They'd have much better luck putting out a Jungle Hunter, anyhow.

I was almost tempted to do a poll thread earlier today when I saw RIDDICK's post.

New installment in classic franchise hitting cinemas. Would you

A) Eagerly buy up the figures from that new movie

or B) Much rather Hot Toys used that new release as an excuse to revisit the actual classic movies with 2.0s and/or previously unmade characters

I reckon most would go for B.

I was almost tempted to do a poll thread earlier today when I saw RIDDICK's post.

or B) Much rather Hot Toys used that new release as an excuse to revisit the actual classic movies with 2.0s and/or previously unmade characters

I’ll throw my income at Hot Toys for the following:
Shaman Predator
Lost Predator 2.0
Guardian Predator 2.0
Chopper Predator 2.0
Jungle Hunter 2.0
Cloaked Jungle Hunter
Boar Predator

I’ll buy it all. Hell, I want aliens too. Give me a Machiko 2.0 with better body joints. If Hot Toys is in bed so deep with disney, they should push for their new Fox acquisitions.

Id go A. But for the creatures only. No interest in the humans.

As much as im a big fan of Predator 1 and 2, with Predator being my favorite movie of any movie, im desperate for something new. We've seen the creature now in so many iterations via 13 statues, 53 figures, , busts, masks, multiple skins in multiple games, posters, art etc of the jungle hunter alone that it feels im just going through the motions seeing the same creature over and over.

Bring on some new designs, some new cool masks, some nice new lizard style scale designs, some new armor sets. I would buy a HT Jungle Hunter 2.0 but it would feel more of a nostalgia buy. I want to feel like something is cool, new and fresh like when the Super Predator Hot Toys were announced. They had plenty of flaws, but at the time it was either the Neca figures or the HT. The designs were new. I felt the hype.

I was thinking more along the lines of Berserker and Borg (lost?) Predator.

with Borg it doesn't make a difference, he's the same species made by same studio.
if you mean dotty paint, many of them were dotty, P1 included. but not scaled. not until other designers began bringing in their jajuja comics view.
anyway, the only thing i wanted to say that scaled design = failed design on predators, and nothing more, which was a useless offtopic, especially as i don't care what they come up with this time. my fault, sorry and over.

with Borg it doesn't make a difference, he's the same species made by same studio.
if you mean dotty paint, many of them were dotty, P1 included. but not scaled. not until other designers began bringing in their jajuja comics view.
You say they were never scaled, but what if they were meant to be "in lore" but the practical suit just didnt reflect that? Or the design made them aesthetically choose to make them look smother as to not detract from the visual of the armor and netting, but they were still suppose to be there?

There is stuff like the dome of Predator 2's head with a scale texture. And the tougher, darker areas of jungle hunter like his shoulders look textured too.

coolprops-predator-2-lifesize-bust-toyslife-icon.jpg

And they were heavily pushing the narrative in Predator that the creature was a reptile. And all reptiles have scales. Dillon called him a Lizard, Anna called him a chameleon. And the only creature in the world which has green blood is a lizard.

I cant wait to see where this goes.

Not on their Facebook, so I'll assume it's fake.

They'd have much better luck putting out a Jungle Hunter, anyhow.

Yeah I'm not nearly the big fan as all of you are; I like the first 2 movies but realistically I'd only buy a Jungle Hunter and Dutch. I know they've been done before, but I'd buy new ones if they went up for preorder. If they never do new ones, whenever I find a dry spell in collecting I will pick them up.

You say they were never scaled, but what if they were meant to be "in lore" but the practical suit just didnt reflect that?

Stan Winston and Steve Wang had literally just finished Monster Squad which had a practical suited Gillman. If they wanted a scaled creature it would have been scaled.

e1b1de117749f103cf30dcebda2c604e.jpg

Or the design made them aesthetically choose to make them look smother as to not detract from the visual of the armor and netting, but they were still suppose to be there?

Debatable, there's really no evidence to suggest this is so.

There is stuff like the dome of Predator 2's head with a scale texture. And the tougher, darker areas of jungle hunter like his shoulders look textured too.

The dome is more akin to wrinkles than scales. If anything, it looks like leather.

download.jpg

And they were heavily pushing the narrative in Predator that the creature was a reptile. And all reptiles have scales. Dillon called him a Lizard, Anna called him a chameleon. And the only creature in the world which has green blood is a lizard.

They weren't pushing a narrative.

Anna: I don't know what it was. It...

Dutch: Go on.

Anna: It changed colors, like the chameleon, it uses the jungle.

Dillon: You saying that Blain and Hawkins were killed by a [redacted] lizard? That's a [redacted] psyche job. There's two to three men out there at the most. [redacted] lizard.

Anna uses a chameleon as an example of how it used its camouflage. The camo BDUs the military uses could be described the same way. And Dillon takes her almost literally, similar to you, and tells her exactly how ridiculous he thinks it sounds. Neither of them literally say it's reptilian. Up to that point, no one had actually physically seen the thing uncloaked, so no one could have had enough information to make that assessment anyway.

thank you Alice, couldn't put it better myself.
predators have skin wrinkles, some spots have toad skin effect

Reptiles0003_2_download600.jpg

(replaced the image with a less disgusting one)

and all of that is covered with slime.

and they are not smooth.

OnWYPc9.jpg

4Y6e4ZB.jpg

scaled creatures are dry and... scaled - and the opposite of what original predators are.

as Alice said, if they wanted scales, they'd do scales. the level of details on skin shows that they wanted a detailed skin looking inhuman and alive, but instead of lizard scales they went for toad skin.

also that P2 toy head you show goes too extreme with forehead wrinkles, or they look different without glossy slime, but anyway they are wrinkles.

undefined.jpg

E83XE2C.jpg

yaHqEIX.jpg

XbjY6N0.jpg

also i think IRL scales won't let you see colored veins through them.

6t41buw.jpg

yes, those blue veins, which, together with non-glowing eyes (filled with blood vessels) and red flesh show that green ooze is not actually blood but some subsidiary liquid.

ex3sjOI.jpg

Option B.

suppose it's a moot point now... the predators are genetically splicing themselves with all kinds of species to make themselves MORE DANGEROUS!!! we're gonna see them with scales, tails, bat wings, hooves, duck bills... crazy, just, nuclear dangerous.

hopefully... it'll be SO dangerous, it puts this poor franchise out of it's misery.

Honestly, I don't care much for the redesign of the bio-helmet but at least some of the shots of his armor look pretty neat. Also interesting that they're bringing back the shuriken.
Apart from that, the whole "bigger, badder Predator" plotline isn't working for me but at this point what can they do.

I just hope the release of this movie gives HT incentive to redo P1.

Back