Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, judging by those leak pics, it's safe to say there'll be more than one Predator. Unless they have people dress as Preds as a tactic to fool the Predator. Which would be horrible.

My guess is, the Predators in the pics are weaker ones (compared to the Upgrade/Whatever/Antagonist) so they join forces with humans to defeat a common enemy. Which is also stupid.

Worse thing though, is that there are rumours based on test-screenings that say the new film will be the most humorous entry in the series.

Man. I wish I didn't know. Ignorance would've been bliss.

Yeah, that would essentially be AvP and Predators again. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend." Hopefully they don't go that route.

Given the "Predators" in those teaser pictures seemingly had military-esque armor on, your first surmise seems more likely where they merely dress up like Predators in potentially an attempt to fool the Predator. Hopefully they don't go that route either.

I did read that the Predator in this film is supposed to have a macabre sense of humor.

I also read that it's supposed to take place between Predator 2 and Predators, which I think is mistake number one. They should have it take place present day, which would be after the events in Predators. I do like the fact that they're not forgetting that the rest of the series/universe exists, but at the same time, have it take place after all of those events to put those films in the past and turn a new page.

There's an upgrade? See, this is what I get from not wanting to spoil anything by taking part of the leaks. But after those horrible shots from Vancouver, the hell with it; what Upgrade??

you havent heard of the goro predaturd?
latest

shat from post super predaturds

Hah, this video played after the Predator laugh one:

Be warned P. ^ he refers to them as jajujas and talks about honor.

With the release of this movie it's only fitting that Hot Toys finally gives us a v2. Jungle Predator which is the ultimate grail of mine. Fingers crossed that the movie is somewhat memorable but looking at the synopsis and the pictures I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

Looks like the Alien franchise is taking itself too seriously and not enough in the Predator franchise.

When I read that this will be the most humorous Predator film, I wondered if Disney is making it and what they would do to it (Predator: The Musical anyone?)

I can’t even be worked up by that because that’s what I fully expected when I heard Shane Black was at the helm. It’s Iron Man 3 all over for me, so best case scenario is we’ll at least see some cool looking Pred’s doing something cool. That’s as much compliment as I’ll ever give anything related to Shane Black.

I'm completely fine with making the film humorous as long as it's dark and sarcastic like what Black is known for (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys). We already got a taste of it in Predators with Walton Goggins' prisoner character and it didn't feel totally out of place. Predator has always been one of those quirky, macho franchises. There's room to have fun with it.

It just needs to be done well.

I was hoping they’d tease some prototypes from this movie at Toy Fair but I didn’t see any. That’s good to know though.

Yeah I want to see the predator, they really kept this movie quiet. Maybe there saving money with advertisement

I imagine Hot Toys will produce something for the movie. Neca announced the figure but said they can’t show anything until the release date. Maybe Hot Toys has the same restriction.

You know I've long hoped Hot Toys would find a means of delivering a highly articulated but seamless Predator body; I imagine one of the challenges is that rubber bodies don't allow for complex details to be printed onto them, so the Predator's highly detailed skin wouldn't be achievable. But the new Marvel Killmonger figure, with printed details on the suit, got me thinking: what if Hot Toys "skinned" an oversized true-type body - exactly how the actual Stan Winston suit worked in the film? Then the armor would of course fit over top of that.

Would anyone else be game for that?

a6737a5a2fb8c5e181b3404f50f3e1d7.jpg

The only thing I worry about on seamless bodies though is creasing on the inside of the joints when left in an articulated pose for too long.

Back