Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record I love both as well, though P1 holds the most special place. I did enjoy Predators because it was an extension of the saga, for better or worse. Its antagonists just needed to be more ferocious. The mixed films were whatever. It'll be interesting to see which bucket the new one lands in, granted it dodges the bin.

My exact sentiments as well regarding each film more less.

That was so much better , your first post was just to piss everyone off . Totally did it on purpose.

In all honesty, I didn't intend to piss anyone off. Those were my real thoughts in simplest form. Justifying my position with evidence didn't feel necessary at the time, but I guess I was wrong. It seems I've seen/read more information about this movie than some people, and I know what to expect and that I'm already not too enthused. As someone who doesn't like curry, if someone hands me a bowl of it I don't have to eat it to know I don't want it. I know just by looking at it.

I figured people would read what I clearly stated was just my opinion and move along if they didn't agree, but I guess you can still get blasted for an opinion or preference. Thread called for figure speculation, and I speculated no figures because movie looks bad.

I think Hot Toys will chance a Predator from this movie. I don't think they will take the opportunity to make a Jungle Hunter 2.0 because that would be what most people would want. They prefer to make silly decisions.

Where's the damn 1:4th scale Jungle Predator promised by Hot Toys?

....right in the production line with all the other LIES! ('66 Batmobile/ Penguin/ Catwoman...promethius among others...)

I think Hot Toys will chance a Predator from this movie. I don't think they will take the opportunity to make a Jungle Hunter 2.0 because that would be what most people would want. They prefer to make silly decisions.

I think they will as well. Though like anyone else, I’d happily take a JH 2.0 every day of the week and twice on Sunday between that and any figures from this film if given the choice.

I, P1er. You P2er. It's a weird reversal.
it's a different story. i don't hate P1 or think it doesn't fit. i just find it so booooooooooooring until the final sequence. to the point that i fall asleep every 15 minutes.
they walk... and walk... and walk... and stare... and walk some more... like in an old Japanese movie.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084390/

It seems I've seen/read more information about this movie than some people, and I know what to expect and that I'm already not too enthused.
some people just don't need to see/read any information, they know what you must think and do better than you :)

it is my opinion that it will be the same deal as every film post-sws/kph. i walk out of the theatre wondering why they even made it and why i even went and saw it, and then i never watch it again. purchase of said figure will be based primarily on appearance, but will lose probabilty-of-purchase points dependent on how bad the film was as a whole and how offended i was by the "updated concept" for the predator(s) in the film. this is based off of my personal prior experience, leaked set photos, leaked script rumors loosely corraborated by cast interviews, and the cast interviews themselves. and the fact that IM3 is somewhere in the bottom three MCU films for most people - usually because it took an established property and put a relatively drastic spin on it that most people didn't want or understand. aaand the (not) mandarin.

it is my opinion that it will be the same deal as every film post-sws/kph. i walk out of the theatre wondering why they even made it and why i even went and saw it, and then i never watch it again. purchase of said figure will be based primarily on appearance, but will lose probabilty-of-purchase points dependent on how bad the film was as a whole and how offended i was by the "updated concept" for the predator(s) in the film. this is based off of my personal prior experience, leaked set photos, leaked script rumors loosely corraborated by cast interviews, and the cast interviews themselves. and the fact that IM3 is somewhere in the bottom three MCU films for most people - usually because it took an established property and put a relatively drastic spin on it that most people didn't want or understand. aaand the (not) mandarin.

I almost exclusively buy figs on whether or not I really luv the film. The only real exception is Pirates Of The Caribbean. I just thought the DX Jack was too good a fig to pass up.

No, I know, that's what most people do and what probably makes the most sense, but I'm just such a mark for the creature design, I feel like we're blessed to get these kind of high end figures everytime one comes out. I have to reconcile my sour feelings toward the movie to justify owning another beautiful crab faced dreadlocked alien hunter.

I know right. Hopefully , they will utilize the supposed connection this film is supposed to have with the original film and do the predators from this line as well as a Jungle Hunter 2.0. Hell, knowing Shane Black there may be a surprise appearance from a jungle hunter predator in this movie.

Either way, I'm excited to see how this movie turns out. Hopefully it will stay inline with P1 and P2, cause the others kind of went off the reservation. If the predator design is cool I'll pick up the figure regardless of if the movie was good or not. I mean after all I got the Wolf coming and had the berserker but had to let him go.

First and foremost, I'm more of a fan of Predators as characters more so than I am of judging each film individually and only getting the Predator from the ones I like, if that makes sense. So that being said, as long as I liked the individual Predator character and thought he was cool looking, I'll get the figure; even if I didn't particularly like the film he's from. Wolf is a prime example of this. I didn't care for the film he's from as a whole, but he's ironically my favorite Predator and I liked all the scenes (from what I could see of them :lol) with him manhandling the Aliens.

I'm highly interested in this new film. I don't have high expectations, but as a Predator fan, I'm happy to see that another film is being attempted. Even if I end up not particularly liking it but I still think the design of the Predator is cool, I'll still likely get the figure if HT ends up making one.

The design of the main Pred during the first half of the movie is meant to be good. Still no solid information of what Upgrade looks like.

There's an upgrade? See, this is what I get from not wanting to spoil anything by taking part of the leaks. But after those horrible shots from Vancouver, the hell with it; what Upgrade??

I can see the term 'Upgrade Predator' for years already mainly from NECA and the AvP Galaxy forums. Just like those stupid Falconer and Berserker monikers from the last film.

There's an upgrade? See, this is what I get from not wanting to spoil anything by taking part of the leaks. But after those horrible shots from Vancouver, the hell with it; what Upgrade??
4 pairs of mandibles?
heavy armor?
wings?
and lots of other crap from jajuja mythology.

As well as "jajuja". :lol :monkey3

The design of the main Pred during the first half of the movie is meant to be good. Still no solid information of what Upgrade looks like.

So there's more than one Predator? Or only one and he switches armor?

As well as "jajuja". :lol :monkey3
So there's more than one Predator? Or only one and he switches armor?

Mate, judging by those leak pics, it's safe to say there'll be more than one Predator. Unless they have people dress as Preds as a tactic to fool the Predator. Which would be horrible.

My guess is, the Predators in the pics are weaker ones (compared to the Upgrade/Whatever/Antagonist) so they join forces with humans to defeat a common enemy. Which is also stupid.

Worse thing though, is that there are rumours based on test-screenings that say the new film will be the most humorous entry in the series.

Man. I wish I didn't know. Ignorance would've been bliss.

Back