Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything about Predators was a garbage remake. New people saying lines from the first movie throughout, guy with a minigun, guy covers himself in mud, "Long Tall Sally" remake version, covers of Alan Silvestri music (couldn't hire the real maestro to score it?). All of that is just added annoyance to the sheer stupid idea of Predators abducting people (instead of killing them) so they can take them to another place (to kill them). How anyone can defend that abortion is beyond me.

Might as well finish it off and say the silly notion of an alien with dreads hunting people down in a South American jungle, and then in Los Angeles, is a stupid concept for a film at that rate.

That's not the same thing at all. There's only one stupid movie in 30 years of this franchise where someone's brilliant reinvention of the wheel was to have "Super" Predators that abduct people, take them to a distant planet, give them parachutes so they won't die, then kill them.

Butters all over again. straight to the ignore list.

Which you have quite the reputation of being on for most people, from what I read.

That's not the same thing at all. There's only one stupid movie in 30 years of this franchise where someone's brilliant reinvention of the wheel was to have "Super" Predators that abduct people, take them to a distant planet, give them parachutes so they won't die, then kill them.

What do you feel they should have had? Or done?

It also sounds somewhat similar to AvP by the way to me where the Predators use human hosts to engender Aliens for prey in a pyramid beneath the ice in the Antarctic, then subsequently kill them.

More and more I think of it , I'm going with neca on this one . If the movie is horrible, neca will still make some figures. At least the main predator . Be cool to have a micheal peele figure. Plus it won't be an iconic predator movie I don't think. But if it rocks then big win

More and more I think of it , I'm going with neca on this one . If the movie is horrible, neca will still make some figures. At least the main predator . Be cool to have a micheal peele figure. Plus it won't be an iconic predator movie I don't think. But if it rocks then big win

My sentiments as well.

If it sucks but I end up liking the armor and the Predator in it, I'll get a figure. If the movie is good (which includes me liking the Predator in it), I'll get a figure. If the film sucks and the Predator itself is a forgettable one, I'll get didley.

My sentiments as well.

If it sucks but I end up liking the armor and the Predator in it, I'll get a figure. If the movie is good (which includes me liking the Predator in it), I'll get a figure. If the film sucks and the Predator itself is a forgettable one, I'll get didley.

I can't imagine the predator not looking cool. It's seems like every predator has been pretty cool. Plus I bet there will be a cool elder in it

I can't imagine the predator not looking cool. It's seems like every predator has been pretty cool. Plus I bet there will be a cool elder in it

Yeah my surmise is there will be more than one Predator in it. Could very well be wrong of course, but I’m just guessing. Regardless, I’d just get the figure of whatever the main one is.

And good point regarding the design. Hasn’t really been a bad looking Predator yet. Even if my initial reaction to the new design for this one is negative, it’ll probably eventually grow on me.

Yeah me too , I didn't love the avp designs but there cool looking together or mixed in. But for hot toys price , It would have to be awesome at this point. Plus if the movie is bad the feel for the predator suffers. The 2.0 p1 and p2 neca put out are super cool. So I imagine with those new releases there going to be super cool figures

I can't imagine the predator not looking cool.
XT9acFP.png

14382d1453501693-wolf-predator-animatronic-head-wolf-predator-head-display.jpg

bP9JCHZ.jpg

three examples.

False hope -- I just want a proper scaled P1 and I'm done.

I expect nothing from this new movie. Except I'm pretty sure that the kid is actually the Predator, and the alien is just Trevor in a monster suit.

I expect it to have Predators. Or at least a Predator. Everything else remains to be seen.

three examples.

Is any Predator really “cool” looking without its bio-mask on? They’re all ugly mother ****ers.

I haven't seen the film yet nor know much about it at this point, so I don't know what to expect.
But you already created a Hot Toys thread for it.
Yet you're makin' fun of people who think the movie gonna suck ass.

Hypocrisy in a nutshell. :lol

But you already created a Hot Toys thread for it.
Yet you're makin' fun of people who think the movie gonna suck ass.

Hypocrisy in a nutshell. :lol

No, I created a thread to speculate about the potential HT figure, as many often do in various sections.

I’m merely laughing at those who don’t want to see their “supposedly” favorite characters and universes on screen before a film even gets made so that way they don’t have to hate it, as it seems like they think it’s a fact a movie sucks/will suck before even seeing it. Fact and opinion are two different things, which seems to be something many people here struggle with.

Irony in a nutshell. :wink1:

The only irony here is that with every new post you only make yourself look more pathetic.
Get well. I mean it.

The only irony here is that with every new post you only make yourself look more pathetic.
Get well. I mean it.

Ironic you’re oblivious that you’re demonstrating my point. There’s facts, and there’s opinions. Sorry to hear you have a difficult time with this concept.

Clown.

Back