Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiiiiet. Why is there even hostility in this thread? We're all adults collecting action figures. Most of us love Predators, or just a Predator as character and concept. There is excitement for a new entry in the franchise from some, less so from others. That's understandable. Why do we need to shït on others' feels about it? If you're not excited about the film, or a potential figure from the film, just ignore the thread that clearly has "speculation" in its title. Live and let live's all I'm saying. Leave the drama for the real world and the people you do know IRL that deserve it. This place is supposed to be fun and games. Literally.

My two cents.

As for the leaked pictures (that are puke worthy), I'm surprised they missed the whole notion Winston had about how the Predator mask's mouth part needs to be simple, to increase the impact of what's hidden beneath's reveal.

I hoping these leaks are of "fodder" Predators who, alongside humans, fight the main, mean, ugly motherfooker.

Shiiiiet. Why is there even hostility in this thread?
probably because TS tried to persuade everybody into his point of view, repeating same dull statements from a pocket psychologist book.
i don't know what happened after post 42 when i realised it's a Butters/Underworld54/Jester type, but, judging by hidden posts frequency and the answers to them, it went even worse since then.

probably because TS tries to persuade everybody into his point of view.
mildly, as he thinks - but actually aggressively pushing and flooding every answer with explanations why that answer is not correct, repeating same words again and again after every post in the thread
i don't know what happened after post 42 but, judging by hidden posts frequency and the answers to them, it went even worse since then.

It’s because a lot of people are super negative, there’s not even a full trailer for this movie . Everyone has to be neutral at this point, granted the track record of these movies is not good but anyone who hops on this thread and say it’s garbage with no info to stand behind is a straight up troll . Or a teenager basically. That’s like me saying avatar 2 is straight crap and it’s stupid and they are ruining movies. Think smart people , neutral.

Most of us love Predators, or just a Predator as character and concept. There is excitement for a new entry in the franchise from some, less so from others. That's understandable. Why do we need to shït on others' feels about it? If you're not excited about the film, or a potential figure from the film, just ignore the thread that clearly has "speculation" in its title. Live and let live's all I'm saying. Leave the drama for the real world and the people you do know IRL that deserve it. This place is supposed to be fun and games. Literally.

My two cents.

It’s because a lot of people are super negative, there’s not even a full trailer for this movie...granted the track record of these movies is not good but anyone who hops on this thread and say it’s garbage with no info to stand behind is a straight up troll . Or a teenager basically. That’s like me saying avatar 2 is straight crap and it’s stupid and they are ruining movies.

My sentiments as well.

My intent when creating this thread was to speculate about a possible HT The Predator figure. Who plans to get it, what they plan to get, what they think the film will be like, if HT will even make one, when they may reveal a prototype, etc. Other figure sections on this board have threads like this for an upcoming film. For some reason, people have such a hostility for this upcoming film that they almost seem indignant that this thread was even created in the first place.

If one thinks it’ll suck and have no interest in getting a potential figure from it, that’s perfectly fine. If one is so disappointed in the franchise that they don’t plan on seeing the film and consequently, not getting any figures, that’s fine too. Heck, I don’t even expect this film to be a mindblower. I don’t think it’ll suck, but I think it’ll probably be the best Predator related film since AvP and after. However, I enjoy the Predator(s) as a character so I’m not going to say things such as I hope this film doesn’t even make it to theaters because I know it’ll suck, or that it’s garbage or is **** as if it’s a “fact” before having ever even seen the film, let alone a trailer. That I simply find ironic and humorous because as OM1D stated, I thought that we’re all presumably here because we like the Predator at least as a character, so I’m happy to see they are attempting to carry on the franchise and bring the Pred back to the big screen as opposed to never making another one again. Here it seems like a case of nobody hates the Predator more than the biggest fans of Predator.

Then when you laugh at the irony and remind these people that their opinions are merely that: opinions and not “fact”, they get even more hostile and irate than they already are.

Since it seems my post was the one that started the fire, I'd like to elaborate.

Based on the track record of this series, and the info we have about this movie thus far, I think it will likely be a horrible movie. The story sounds awful, and what we've seen of the predators, themselves, looks awful. As I said, the armour looks like it was taken from Gears of War, and predators dressing up in US military fatigues is one of the dumbest things I can think of for a Predator movie. I'm pretty tired of the notion that there always has to be some bond between humans and predators now. If HT makes figures from this movie, which will be surprising, the figures will likely look better than the predators in the movie, since no one since Stan Winston Studios has been able to make a predator costume that doesn't look garbage. But, being based on what I feel are horrible designs, I'll still have no interest in any figures that do get made.

As for the story of the movie itself, I don't think Shane Black will be any kind of saving grace. He didn't write the first film, and he didn't design the creature or it's background or characteristics. He just polished up the script a bit to give it a more 80s action movie feel. He'll be no more of a saving grace for predator than Ridley Scott has been for alien, because both of these men were simply cogs in a greater creative machine that made these movies good in the first place.

I saw Predators in the theatre, and didn't really care for it. I actually, quite literally, forget it even exists from time to time. I rewatched it recently, and I liked it less than I did initially. If this movie can restrain itself from making constant "homages" and employing forced references and quotes from the classic movies in the series it'll be a step in the right direction. Having things like that just makes a movie feel like fan-fiction/fan-service to me, and it pulls me out of the movie.

Again, this post is simply my opinion based on previous experience with this franchise (and other franchises), and what I like and don't like. Hence, my speculation is that the movie probably won't be very good, what we've seen of the predators seems silly and HT probably won't make figures. If they do anything they'll probably release a new Jungle Hunter.

Only prediction I'm gonna make about the new film is it wont be as good as the original
that's a hard goal to achieve, as the original movie was absolutely boring and featured Schwarzenegger's acting.
to beat that you need a Scott/Bale union.

Since it seems my post was the one that started the fire, I'd like to elaborate.

Based on the track record of this series, and the info we have about this movie thus far, I think it will likely be a horrible movie. The story sounds awful, and what we've seen of the predators, themselves, looks awful. As I said, the armour looks like it was taken from Gears of War, and predators dressing up in US military fatigues is one of the dumbest things I can think of for a Predator movie. I'm pretty tired of the notion that there always has to be some bond between humans and predators now. If HT makes figures from this movie, which will be surprising, the figures will likely look better than the predators in the movie, since no one since Stan Winston Studios has been able to make a predator costume that doesn't look garbage. But, being based on what I feel are horrible designs, I'll still have no interest in any figures that do get made.

As for the story of the movie itself, I don't think Shane Black will be any kind of saving grace. He didn't write the first film, and he didn't design the creature or it's background or characteristics. He just polished up the script a bit to give it a more 80s action movie feel. He'll be no more of a saving grace for predator than Ridley Scott has been for alien, because both of these men were simply cogs in a greater creative machine that made these movies good in the first place.

I saw Predators in the theatre, and didn't really care for it. I actually, quite literally, forget it even exists from time to time. I rewatched it recently, and I liked it less than I did initially. If this movie can restrain itself from making constant "homages" and employing forced references and quotes from the classic movies in the series it'll be a step in the right direction. Having things like that just makes a movie feel like fan-fiction/fan-service to me, and it pulls me out of the movie.

Again, this post is simply my opinion based on previous experience with this franchise (and other franchises), and what I like and don't like. Hence, my speculation is that the movie probably won't be very good, what we've seen of the predators seems silly and HT probably won't make figures. If they do anything they'll probably release a new Jungle Hunter.

That was so much better , your first post was just to piss everyone off . Totally did it on purpose. P is just in his own world and no one can tell him otherwise

For the record I love both as well, though P1 holds the most special place. I did enjoy Predators because it was an extension of the saga, for better or worse. Its antagonists just needed to be more ferocious. The mixed films were whatever. It'll be interesting to see which bucket the new one lands in, granted it dodges the bin.

Back