Hot Toys 1/6 The Avengers: 1/6 Scale Bruce Banner and Hulk Premium Edition set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it has some good elements, but overall it's not close enough, certainly not when compared to the new RDJ and Hemsworth sculpts.

That's funny because the Tony Stark HS from the IM3 mech test is a bit round too if you really take a good look at it.

:exactly: yes I agree. Head is just a little too round and I bet they will fix, but it definitely looks a lot like Raffalo.

You can tell who its suppose to be. But its def not all there. But hopefully they figure it out.

Here's what happens if you elongate the height of the face and lighten up the eyes a bit.

bannercomparison3.jpg

This last pic really looks like Ruffalo! Again, nice job!

Funny how people are complaining about the likeness of the sculpt, and that it's not like the current RDJ and Hemsworth likenesses. It really is pretty good considering this is a first sculpt of Mark Ruffalo. The first attempts of RDJ and Hemsworth weren't good either. Look at the Mark 3, nothing like RDJ. Hasn't been a good sculpt of Chris Evans yet either, hopefully by the Winter Soldier we'll have one, especially since he has no mask for a good part of the movie it seems. In fact this first time sculpt of Ruffalo is better than the first time sculpts of the other Marvel actors, except of course Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg, and Tom Hiddleston.

Funny how people are complaining about the likeness of the sculpt, and that it's not like the current RDJ and Hemsworth likenesses. It really is pretty good considering this is a first sculpt of Mark Ruffalo. The first attempts of RDJ and Hemsworth weren't good either. Look at the Mark 3, nothing like RDJ. Hasn't been a good sculpt of Chris Evans yet either, hopefully by the Winter Soldier we'll have one, especially since he has no mask for a good part of the movie it seems. In fact this first time sculpt of Ruffalo is better than the first time sculpts of the other Marvel actors, except of course Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg, and Tom Hiddleston.

Its been a few years since those sculpts came out. Esp the mark 3 its like a hasbro. Chris evans sculpts are pretty decent although not perfect but they are way better then this ruffalo. It being the first time they sculpted him isnt a reason the sculpt is bad. You just made that point yourself with fury coulson and loki. We can talk reasons why or how its bad all day noone knows for sure. All we do know is they all cant be a homerun.

But different artists made each Thor sculpt (I'm guessing the same with RDJ), and I don't see HT as one collective brain where even if a sculptor doesn't work on one project, they'll learn all about how now to sculpt a certain actor. The Thor sculpt might have improved tremendously, but look at RDJ's - one of the best sculpts belong to the older VI figure. Improvement in all head sculpts across the board would mean something, but in this case, not much. Also remember that Mandarin was a first-time sculpt; look how good it is. I owned the New Goblin figure and that sculpt was amazing, too, despite being the first time HT released a sculpt of Franco.

Why is this guy not for pre order yet? I know he will eventually but these photos were revealed almost 3 days ago. Usually pre orders go up day after the proto pics reveal.

This photo posted on OSR shows the headsculpt in a better light (ironically in bad lighting) most of us will display him with the main light source coming from above so the final look will be something similar. Personally whilst the first pictures do look off, to me this looks spot on.
1460141_228387790663106_226933124_n.jpg

Why is this guy not for pre order yet? I know he will eventually but these photos were revealed almost 3 days ago. Usually pre orders go up day after the proto pics reveal.

Banner does look better in that new pic. As for preorder, I can wait a week. Too much X-Mas spending right now (Black Friday) to tack on another non refundable deposit like the Chitari.

Pretty cool set, but I'm not a big fan of the Hulk figure. The joint lines in his wrists, ankles, and knees just register too much like a toy figure off the shelf. I would have preferred seamless joints for something this scale. The likeness is neat, but for that price, I would have preferred better engineering in the body.

It looks better, but only slightly.

Also, the legs look really short in that pic. :lol

Thats prob just the angle. You could still fit two figures in that jacket though. Is this how they wear suits in hong kong? Fix the jacket!

I might get this combo set. Didn't buy Hulk first time around and I love the character from the movie. I like Mark as an actor...HT will undoubtedly fix the little problems shown here

Pretty cool set, but I'm not a big fan of the Hulk figure. The joint lines in his wrists, ankles, and knees just register too much like a toy figure off the shelf. I would have preferred seamless joints for something this scale. The likeness is neat, but for that price, I would have preferred better engineering in the body.

Probably to keep cost down. I can see your argument with the ankles, but the knees are covered by the pants. Can't do seamless with the wrists for 2 reasons. One is the interchangeble hands. Second you won't be able to rotate the wrists. Also since a maiority of Hulk poses require long term flexing of the legs and feet, the seamless joints would be a nuisance.
Also given the thickness of ankles and legs would be difficult.

Back