Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they do tweaks to Alita too, Newt looks great. Those freckles are pretty awesome.

In regards to Alita, the unfortunate thing is we never know who is in charge of making the decision for those tweaks. The studio? actor/actress? Hot Toys themselves? I mean the JL Superman had folks begging for just the hair sculpt to change like how Prime1 re-did the hair on their statue after feedback but HT did nothing...whose fault is it? HT? The license holder? Both? I know Johnny Depp rejects sculpts showing his teeth or used to at least. Sideshow mentioned that in an interview years ago for the On Stranger Tides PF. So, it is really up in the air when it comes to if there will be changes or not.

Last edited:
In regards to Alita, the unfortunate thing is we never know who is in charge of making the decision for those tweaks. The studio? actor/actress? Hot Toys themselves? I mean the JL Superman had folks begging for just the hair sculpt to change like how Prime1 re-did the hair on their statue after feedback but HT did nothing...whose fault is it? HT? The license holder? Both? I know Johnny Depp rejects sculpts showing his teeth or used to at least. Sideshow mentioned that in an interview years ago for the On Stranger Tides PF. So, it is really up in the air when it comes to if their will be changes or not.

JC Hong mentioned that the licencor (ie Lucasfilm) asked for the changes to RotS Obi-Wan.

After seeing the Grendelwald figure's photos this morning, man, I am so thankful for how good Newt came out. Grendelwald looks terrible. Really hope the Newt in particular sells well now since I doubt Grendelwald will, probably looking at a lot of cancellations there. Newt figure is probably our only hope for future releases from FB.

^ Agreed, Newt turned out fantastic, Grindelwald not so much, which is a real shame as the prototype sculpt looked amazing. :( Not sure if I want to keep my order for him now tbh.

Have not seen the GW pics. But newt by himself is going to look fantastic.

I love figures with period clothing rather than some sort of sci fi space suit or uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really a fan, but does the big lump of hair in front of his eye look weird to anyone else?

This may be a bit off topic, but I've not seen any of the films associated with the figure. However I quite like The Theory of Everything, in which Eddie Redmayne plays Stephen Hawking, and I'm tantalized to nab one (or at least the head sculpt) to represent the aforementioned film.

Not sure what you mean exactly but Justin's Collection had a good review of it on you tube. Looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean exactly but Justin's Collection had a good review of it on you tube. Looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The inside lid of the briefcase shows some small images on the release photos but the lid on Justin?s review is bare.

He did show that the hinges aren?t connected which makes me wonder if it can be reversed

b3b248f27d335836384ebf96c7014ac4.jpg

So sorta dropped off the earth? Anyone gotten one yet?
I ordered once the new pics came up, but expected it to be released already?

So sorta dropped off the earth? Anyone gotten one yet?
I ordered once the new pics came up, but expected it to be released already?

Considering this and Grindlewald only came out a few weeks before JL Superman (who is scheduled to release from SS mid-March), I think it is safe to say this wont release from SS until around end of Feb, early march.

With the factory closings in China we may see a lot longer delays.

Hot Toys posted the final product photos of Director Krennic on their pages earlier today. Can't imagine they would have put them up if they weren't ready to get things out, so hopefully this means that they've started shipping again. Fingers crossed that Newt is on a boat to Sideshow today. I feel like I've been waiting for him forever.

Back