Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these years trying to get them to make Harry Potter figures and they instead make this dude

this looks a lot better now that we have the full pics. JC Hong's pics of both sculpts also show off the great likeness's they've produced here. Really hoping for Jude Law Dumbledore and then hopefully a full HP line up

Didn't like the acting of this character in the first movie. Tried to revisit it again and again but have not yet been successful. Why? Because I didn't like the acting of this character.

I wonder if the "exclusive accessory" versions will be available on Sideshow or if we will be stuck seeking other methods. There clearly is exclusive and non, which leads me to believe this could be a US release?

I'm wondering too about the exclusive versions. Really hoping that these will be made available through Sideshow and the other usual sellers, even if it is just the regular versions - as I'd happily settle for those (as much as I like the Grindelwald exclusive accessory!). Hopefully there'll be some more information on them soon. :)

this looks a lot better now that we have the full pics. JC Hong's pics of both sculpts also show off the great likeness's they've produced here. Really hoping for Jude Law Dumbledore and then hopefully a full HP line up

They could do a Jude since he’s in Captain Marvel and they could have his likeness rights for that.

Little disappointed I couldn't offload my Star Ace one before this was announced...but that happens. At least this way I have the teal coat which I love.

Little disappointed I couldn't offload my Star Ace one before this was announced...but that happens. At least this way I have the teal coat which I love.

At least you are not alone in this...whether or not everyone will admit I would say...100% of the owners of the Star Ace version share in your sentiment. Too bad Hot Toys isn't redoing the Star Ace Pulp Fiction eyesores too.

At least you are not alone in this...whether or not everyone will admit I would say...100% of the owners of the Star Ace version share in your sentiment. Too bad Hot Toys isn't redoing the Star Ace Pulp Fiction eyesores too.
Such is life, this happens sometimes. I picked up a spare scarf and blue jacket for the HT one so I can leave the SA one sealed then. Not that it'll appreciate or anything but no reason to open it for an alt costume.

Warner licensing must really not have been happy with SA's efforts after a point, unsurprisingly. I know everyone wants to slobber up this HT-Depp logic which to some extent I agree with, but there are plenty of Depp licenses to go for. It didn't NEED to be this one.

Such is life, this happens sometimes. I picked up a spare scarf and blue jacket for the HT one so I can leave the SA one sealed then. Not that it'll appreciate or anything but no reason to open it for an alt costume.

If you got them from TA, congrats on getting the last scarf :clap I had/have the same idea but was trying to wait for their sale

If you got them from TA, congrats on getting the last scarf :clap I had/have the same idea but was trying to wait for their sale

Ouch! Sorry to have swept in! Thanks though! The scarf actually ended up being a last minute addition to the cart, I didn't realize the new one didn't come with one off the bat. But as someone who has the real thing and quite likes the style it was a must to have one for the figure. Either way, I know deep down the quality of the tailoring on the HT one will be leaps and bounds better, but maybe the blue jacket can be a display piece for the niffler to hide under.

Warner licensing must really not have been happy with SA's efforts after a point, unsurprisingly. I know everyone wants to slobber up this HT-Depp logic which to some extent I agree with, but there are plenty of Depp licenses to go for. It didn't NEED to be this one.

I'd kill for Dillinger and a Fear and Loathing figure. Whitey Bulger too.

Isn’t he blacklisted now? Lol

Not to Howard!

Rowling still fully supports Depp so I don’t think they’ll be shying away from him at all, heck WB brought him to SDCC during the same panel as one of his accusers :lol

I think Disney is done with him though. They tend to overreact to the extreme lately with even a whisper of misconduct.

Ouch! Sorry to have swept in! Thanks though! The scarf actually ended up being a last minute addition to the cart, I didn't realize the new one didn't come with one off the bat. But as someone who has the real thing and quite likes the style it was a must to have one for the figure. Either way, I know deep down the quality of the tailoring on the HT one will be leaps and bounds better, but maybe the blue jacket can be a display piece for the niffler to hide under.
No reason to apologize man :1-1: nature of the game. I’m not mad :duff: I was too cheap to act quickly :rotfl I’m sure TA will break down another one eventually since it looks like other folks had the same idea as well
I'd kill for Dillinger and a Fear and Loathing figure. Whitey Bulger too.
DiD’s Chicago Gangster Johnny (aka John Dillinger) is quite the impressive figure. Real wood and metal Thommy Gun, incredible tailoring etc. only thing I did was switch out the shows and hands for more accurate ones.

46460821_2095205900543715_3942720307747356672_o.jpg46441707_2095205927210379_1828439419825160192_o.jpg46456220_2095206170543688_4496756163920003072_o.jpg46387098_2095206217210350_1480602731625316352_o.jpg46384929_2095205967210375_390561622701113344_o.jpg

Did you guys see the pics JC Hong posted yet? Newt his sculpt already looks so much better.

Back