Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Newt came one day early and I lifted the lid to quickly take a peek.

As someone who really appreciates real-life tailoring, clothes, and fashion....this figure is astounding. The outfit is insanely crisp and easily an industry leader. I honestly haven't even seen the movie, and find Newt himself to be the only valuable aspect of the series at this point, but all that aside this is just a beautiful piece to represent the wizarding world in a collection.

I wish they'd just soft reboot the series and just make it a series of Newt traveling the world and exploring the magical creatures of different wizarding cultures. Newt is best when he's just...human. He just loves animals and that passion drags him into mischief which he has to wit himself out of. He doesn't need to be a savior or a chosen one or whatever. He's relatable when he's just himself. I think that heart and character is what makes me enjoy the figure and makes it worthwhile.

My Newt!

Awesome figure. Sculpt is a bit soft, but still a great likeness.

My first figure where the clothing cannot be removed? The tailoring is awesome, and it looks amaZing and stands out among all the armor and men in black figures.

b1cf5d99dfe4509a69662a0c09685220.jpg

1ecbe519a3f7d22be2bdb6570ad45b98.jpg

8af9566455c70ef1b7bed5ae9e44df30.jpg

14c56722af72aab7fae50e0d9a508b36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ll get some better ones this week, with decent lighting.

My Newt!

Awesome figure. Sculpt is a bit soft, but still a great likeness.

My first figure where the clothing cannot be removed? The tailoring is awesome, and it looks amaZing and stands out among all the armor and men in black figures.

b1cf5d99dfe4509a69662a0c09685220.jpg

1ecbe519a3f7d22be2bdb6570ad45b98.jpg

8af9566455c70ef1b7bed5ae9e44df30.jpg

14c56722af72aab7fae50e0d9a508b36.jpg

Great pics. I dont understand you saying sculpt is soft though. I wish every final product headsculpt were that good.

Yeah, having it in hand, I'm blown away by how good the sculpt is. Honestly one of the best likenesses Hot Toys has produced as a final product.

^ Awesome photos!! :clap :clap This figure looks great - looking forward to getting him...whenever that may be! :lol

Fantastic photos everyone!

I absolutely liked ER's performance in The Theory of Everything, and decided to grab a loose head sculpt from TA. It's a great sculpt! I may try to find a suit and slim body to represent him as Stephen Hawking, though glasses would be needed as well lol (I grabbed the first figure in my display that has an easily removable neck joint which was the TDK Batman lol)

11vLMlL.jpg

nFqYx1A.jpg

E04HBcC.jpg

Fantastic photos everyone!

I absolutely liked ER's performance in The Theory of Everything, and decided to grab a loose head sculpt from TA. It's a great sculpt! I may try to find a suit and slim body to represent him as Stephen Hawking, though glasses would be needed as well lol (I grabbed the first figure in my display that has an easily removable neck joint which was the TDK Batman lol)

11vLMlL.jpg

nFqYx1A.jpg

E04HBcC.jpg

I think you just made a Batman cosplayer :lol

It’s so off, it almost looks right because I’ve seen something so similar so often before.

I know bumping a thread of a figure I am sure not many care about :lol but I just got this guy in using RPs, a coupon and free shipping and thought I?d drop my 2 cents. I also have the Star Ace Newt reissue that came with the gray coat. I have to say, I?m not as impressed with this as I was when I opened the Star Ace figure. Maybe I had lower expectations with that one. Yes the Hot Toys has better paint on everything including the accessories and better hands. But the suitcase is probably about 10-15% too big and I expected the headsculpt to look more like Eddie Redmayne in hand but I think Star Ace has a better likeness, just with terrible paint. Picket is also way too big and the outer coat is very stiff. The SA Newt gray coat has better material with a silky liner even if it?s lacking a few cuff details that the HT has. This figure would?ve been fine had I not already had the SA, but as it stands, I?ll be using this for parts to make the Star Ace better.

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump. This figure is on discount and I was thinking of getting it for kit bashing. I was wondering is his clothing easy to remove? Is it even possible to remove them?

Sorry for the bump. This figure is on discount and I was thinking of getting it for kit bashing. I was wondering is his clothing easy to remove? Is it even possible to remove them?
It is possible to remove the clothing. However, if I’m not mistaken, the overcoat and the suit jacket are stitched at the wrist but just by a single stitch you’ll have to cut. I also believe that the shirt collar is stitched together that you can either undo or just take the head off first before taking off the clothing. Other than those, the clothing can be taken off fairly easily with patience. Just make sure to take the hands, boots and head off before anything and you’ll be fine.

Back