Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I saw that with HT was a TFA Stormie which said Japan Exclusive but if I'm not mistaken it was carried via TRU. Although I might be mashing up a couple of different things in my recollection.

The last time I saw that with HT was a TFA Stormie which said Japan Exclusive but if I'm not mistaken it was carried via TRU. Although I might be mashing up a couple of different things in my recollection.

I think you are right. I vaguely remember some stormie that was only available at TRU over there. Most of the time Sideshow carries their exclusives but it’s the fact that we are hearing Japan exclusive and that we don’t know if Star Ace has exclusive 1/6th rights in certain markets that has me concerned. I don’t see why Hot Toys wouldn’t sell them over here if they could.

I think you are right. I vaguely remember some stormie that was only available at TRU over there. Most of the time Sideshow carries their exclusives but it’s the fact that we are hearing Japan exclusive and that we don’t know if Star Ace has exclusive 1/6th rights in certain markets that has me concerned. I don’t see why Hot Toys wouldn’t sell them over here if they could.

Rights in a certain region ultimately means nothing. It’s like when ACI did Lord of the Rings. I don’t recall what region it was locked to, but it ultimately got distributed everywhere through various sites.

Ok this exclusive talk is freaking me out. Has there ever been a figure by HT strictly limited to China in the MMS line?

Before Sideshow became HT's North American Distributor, all MMS were exclusive to Asia.
There were a few following I belive.

Even if this is exclusive to Asia (Which I'm doubting) I think it will be easy to find these for retail like all the past Asia excl. releases.

All this time trying to get Harry Potter made and they make this guy

TESB Vader was supposedly “exclusive” to Japan as well. Hot Toys demanded we pay 100% up front for it as well. Delayed the release until Japan was actually the last place in the world to receive their shipment. This will be available everywhere and the Japanese market will not only pay the highest amount for the figure, as usual, but will be the last to get it, too.

TESB Vader was supposedly “exclusive” to Japan as well. Hot Toys demanded we pay 100% up front for it as well. Delayed the release until Japan was actually the last place in the world to receive their shipment. This will be available everywhere and the Japanese market will not only pay the highest amount for the figure, as usual, but will be the last to get it, too.

I doubt Vader had any licensing issues though. That was probably just HT marketing to create a false sense of rarity. Star Ace still appears to have the Fantastic Beasts license and HT may only be licensed to release these to Japan. That would seem a waste of money for such a small market on what must be a rather expensive license - especially one that appeals so much to American and European collectors.

44195523_197806141121374_234716224434532736_n.jpg

First post updated with pics and product info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG even the accesories look so cool ! The little book "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them"... So much potential for Hot Toys ! Hope they'll expand the harry potter figures range

:exactly: This!

Newt looks great in those new pics, was unsure when I first saw it but I want this now - please, please make them available to the rest of the world to order HT! :pray: :pray:

I wonder if the "exclusive accessory" versions will be available on Sideshow or if we will be stuck seeking other methods. There clearly is exclusive and non, which leads me to believe this could be a US release?

What are the guesses for price of this and Grindelwald?

Sent from a point in space and time

Back