Hot Toys 1/6 Newt Scamander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I converted mine to full pay on shipment. No notice yet though. I'm a bit surprised since there's all 5 of us actually buying this fig haha.

I'm really hoping HT does more Fantastic Beasts figures. I'd love a Tina, Jacob and Dumbledore. I know the odds of that happening are slim, but, I didn't mind pre-ordering this. I hope the sales are good. Everyone wants HT to make things that aren't Marvel/Star Wars, but people need to support other lines for that to happen.

Anyway, my card was charged too. Would imagine we'll see tracking info later today. Doubt they would charge us otherwise.

I was charged for mine today too. Hopefully we don?t regret buying this if it hits the bargain bin in a few months.
I almost would bet that this is gonna get a free shipping and discount code come holiday and special event season.

"Use code niffler25 for $25 off and FREE shipping on the Newt Scamander Special Edition Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys!"

He'll also get a "how to be a poser" video in about 6-7 months just like all the other figures that sell slowly.

Shipping confirmed. $28 bucks for a 3.5 pound box. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but that's a ****ing joke.

Keep on beating that dead horse... I die a little inside every time I pay those insane fees. When I ship hot toys to people domestically many times it’s under $20 and gets there in two days

Shipping confirmed. $28 bucks for a 3.5 pound box. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but that's a ****ing joke.

There's 0% chance these boxes should actually cost $28 to ship. More like half of that. I can't help but wonder if Sideshow gouges their shipping prices to help make up for lost revenue from all the figures they lose out on when they have to replace parts.

I've always preferred buying from Sideshow because of their good customer service and ability to pay with payment plans, but, I think when my current pre-orders arrive I'm just going to start buying elsewhere. The shipping has gone from an annoyance to an outrage.

Keep on beating that dead horse... I die a little inside every time I pay those insane fees. When I ship hot toys to people domestically many times it?s under $20 and gets there in two days
I can ship UPS with a declared value privately cheaper than they do, for the same sized items as they sell. That makes zero sense, considering they gave to have corporate discounts.
There's 0% chance these boxes should actually cost $28 to ship. More like half of that. I can't help but wonder if Sideshow gouges their shipping prices to help make up for lost revenue from all the figures they lose out on when they have to replace parts.

I've always preferred buying from Sideshow because of their good customer service and ability to pay with payment plans, but, I think when my current pre-orders arrive I'm just going to start buying elsewhere. The shipping has gone from an annoyance to an outrage.
So I 100% don't want to get anyone in trouble at Sideshow so I won't quote the conversation; but that being said you are completely correct. I have a chat with a CS rep where I brought up how ridiculous it was that I paid $30 to get a damaged shipment because they're the only retailer who won't double box.

First they attempted to sell me the pack out service, so I'd spend $40 total on something most retailers offer for free or at a large discount. I don't want to seem entitled. I will happily pay for reasonable shipping costs. But when it's obviously gouging, that doesn't sit well with me.

Then we get to the details, which in not so many words, explains exactly what you said. What got me though was the attitude was "the extra cost = an eventual perfect order", accounting for anything from damaged boxes to figure replacements.

They also give out rewards like candy lately, I got $70 from their birthday. So you're feeling good about getting a figure for $70 off, but they're making some up on the back end definitely. I've decided to only order from SS for exclusives and to not use rewards to knock down prices of regular figures.

Worked for UPS retail, can indeed confirm that shipping costs are a lot closer to $10 for the average hot toys package than the mid $20s prices Sideshow charges to consumers.

I can ship UPS with a declared value privately cheaper than they do, for the same sized items as they sell. That makes zero sense, considering they gave to have corporate discounts. So I 100% don't want to get anyone in trouble at Sideshow so I won't quote the conversation; but that being said you are completely correct. I have a chat with a CS rep where I brought up how ridiculous it was that I paid $30 to get a damaged shipment because they're the only retailer who won't double box.

First they attempted to sell me the pack out service, so I'd spend $40 total on something most retailers offer for free or at a large discount. I don't want to seem entitled. I will happily pay for reasonable shipping costs. But when it's obviously gouging, that doesn't sit well with me.

Then we get to the details, which in not so many words, explains exactly what you said. What got me though was the attitude was "the extra cost = an eventual perfect order", accounting for anything from damaged boxes to figure replacements.

That's outrageous. So if you're someone who has never received a figure with an issue, you're essentially paying for other people's replacement parts out of your pocket, since you've never benefitted from it. I know that sounds selfish, but seriously, they're hitting you for $15 more than you should be paying per figure. That adds up. If they double boxed or something I wouldn't mind because at least they'd be trying to make up for it, but this is just robbery.

Definitely going to look at other retailers after I get my current preorders. Thankfully, I'm a "one figure per character" guy to save display space, so I don't have a ton of figures I want or even have room for. But still, going to use my remaining reward points on something and go elsewhere.

Yeah, a 4-5 pound box shouldn't cost more than $10 to ship. $25-30 is out of control.

And those are retail prices. Unless Sideshow is terrible at negotiating, UPS Corporate is likely charging them less per item in order to be their shipping partner.

From UPS's website, retail to ship a standard HT box is $23.20
Not defending Sideshow or UPS. I don't know what Sideshow actually pays, but using the online estimator, that's the price I got with generic box size and weight.

Set my Newt up last night. Very happy with the figure. The sculpt is incredible, looks exactly like Eddie Redmayne. They really nailed it. The tailoring is top notch on the suit. I love the amount of extras this came with too.

I hope this figure does well. It's such a quality figure. I'd love to see Hot Toys do some more figures from Fantastic Beasts. They knocked this figure out of the park.

Shipping my HT TFA R2-D2 to Sideshow's Thousand Oaks location costs me $12.58.

Sideshow would charge me $22.76 to ship me the HT ROTJ Stormtrooper.

That's really all you need to know.

If you want to pay an extra $10 to get $5 in Rewards points, so be it.

Granted, it took me a while to find an in-stock HT item that they didn't offer Free Shipping on, so that probably goes a long way to explain why they overcharge on shipping, but as they say "There's no such thing as a free lunch"

Timewalker toys gentlemen

Double boxed . Actual shipping , best prices....and a local business.

I keep hearing about SSC 's customer service....I have heard more bad that good personally.

You will have to wait a couple weeks longer for TW , but I am not a gotta have it first guys anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timewalker toys gentlemen

Double boxed . Actual shipping , best prices....and a local business.

I keep hearing about SSC 's customer service....I have heard more bad that good personally.

You will have to wait a couple weeks longer for TW , but I am not a gotta have it first guys anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice people. I've been to the store and it's very classy. Definitely would recommend Timewalker.

Back