Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Sideshow just to see if it would be sold out after the 18th. Not sure if this is just their stock message or not but it looks like, if they WERE increasing production to cater to the large amounts of preorders and waitlists (which many people believed they were), they aren’t anymore. Allotment is sold out, unless there’s a second run of course.
ac8e57fa44927f2f868289ec4b4ddc9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of their Waitlist items say that when you mouse over them.

Oh yeah I didn’t know, that’s why I said “unless they all say this.”

I may end up selling this and getting the Advanced Suit, this suit may be more visually appealing/unique but I feel like I don’t have the same connection to it because I never read the Scarlet Spidey comics. Whereas Spider-Man PS4 is one of the best iterations of the character in my opinion, including the suit.

Oh yeah I didn’t know, that’s why I said “unless they all say this.”

I may end up selling this and getting the Advanced Suit, this suit may be more visually appealing/unique but I feel like I don’t have the same connection to it because I never read the Scarlet Spidey comics. Whereas Spider-Man PS4 is one of the best iterations of the character in my opinion, including the suit.

You could read them and get that connection.

You could read them and get that connection.

I could but the general consensus is that the Clone Saga is an absolute mess, for the most part, and that Scarlet Spidey is liked more for his suit rather than the comics he was in. Plus, I wouldn’t read something *just* to get a connection with a suit, that would be disingenuous. It would be the other way around, loving the suit *from* reading the comics.

How do you know?

Justin’s Collectibles on YouTube said he’s picking it up in Hong Kong next week, during his SDCC Hot Toys tour video. That’s 100% confirmation in my book. Plus there were already rumors going around that’s it’s releasing on the 26th.

I could but the general consensus is that the Clone Saga is an absolute mess, for the most part, and that Scarlet Spidey is liked more for his suit rather than the comics he was in. Plus, I wouldn’t read something *just* to get a connection with a suit, that would be disingenuous. It would be the other way around, loving the suit *from* reading the comics.

All fair points haha. Clone saga has its moments but isn’t great.

And you’re right of course. Even with how bad the storyline was, I love this suit because I did read all the comics when they came out.

The 26th is HK? So honestly we're looking at beginning of September once it gets over on the barge?

Justin’s Collectibles on YouTube said he’s picking it up in Hong Kong next week, during his SDCC Hot Toys tour video. That’s 100% confirmation in my book. Plus there were already rumors going around that’s it’s releasing on the 26th.

Sweet.

The 26th is HK? So honestly we're looking at beginning of September once it gets over on the barge?

That's fine by me...with all the money I dropped recently on pre-orders I welcome any delays that would help give my wallet some breathing room! :lol

I have a feeling that the current eBay prices of this guy are just the beginning. Could easily be one of the most expensive Spider-Man figures down the line...

Anyways, really excited to see the usual blogger pics and youtube reviews. If it's releasing on the 26th in Hong Kong, we should definitely get this Stateside by the end of August :yess:

Yeah, like I said earlier, I wonder what the aftermarket is gonna look like. Could be similar to the homemade suit. How much does that even go for typically?

Back