Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think that maybe they're taking some time to see where inventory is at until after seeing how many sell through at SDCC and then opening it back up/filling waitlist orders when they have more proper numbers?

I am personally hoping for the Spider-Armor since HT loves their Die Cast line, but smart money is on 2099.

My dark horse pick is Fantastic Four Spidey with the paper bag head.
ccbeb48c21c0b4f2c0f28b198e5fa615.jpg

I dunno...I'd say this costume is such a deviation from a recognizable Spidey outfit that this is probably one of the least likely figures to ever be made...but who knows with HT!

Do you guys think that maybe they're taking some time to see where inventory is at until after seeing how many sell through at SDCC and then opening it back up/filling waitlist orders when they have more proper numbers?

I haven’t been to SDCC in 4 years but does SS even sell anything there anymore?? I remember one year it was pick up only then another it was online orders only m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t been to SDCC in 4 years but does SS even sell anything there anymore?? I remember one year it was pick up only then another it was online orders only m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea. Apparently they have a pretty decent sized selling area. That's why I'm excited to be able to pick up the Scarlet Spider. I do wish that they could do something with pre orders that they have there though because it'd be cool to just show them your order for Scarlet Spider and they charge you minus the $25 deposit and mark it fulfilled on the backend.

Yea. Apparently they have a pretty decent sized selling area. That's why I'm excited to be able to pick up the Scarlet Spider. I do wish that they could do something with pre orders that they have there though because it'd be cool to just show them your order for Scarlet Spider and they charge you minus the $25 deposit and mark it fulfilled on the backend.

To be clear, there has been no indication that this will be available for pick up at SDCC only Neon-Tech has been confirmed as such. Not saying it wont be but I don't remember the last figure you could just walk up and buy at their booth. They have all been pre-order for pick up for the past few years as far as I can remember (anakin last year, bones/shades year before, etc....)

I picked up the Sith Anakin at SDCC last year, before he was available to ship from SSC. But, it was marked on the order page that only people attending the convention could order the figure. The Scarlet Spider does not yet say anything about pick-up at SDCC. That could change? That's why I waited to order, to see if it would be available to pick up at SDCC. And now I waited too long and I'm on WL.

To be clear, there has been no indication that this will be available for pick up at SDCC only Neon-Tech has been confirmed as such. Not saying it wont be but I don't remember the last figure you could just walk up and buy at their booth. They have all been pre-order for pick up for the past few years as far as I can remember (anakin last year, bones/shades year before, etc....)

This exactly

Thank you for relaying this to me. I was apparently told wrong so I appreciate it. Now I know at least to hope that it's there vs. expecting it.

Any idea of why they listed the release as soon as July then on Sideshow? I thought that was for SDCC?

Thank you for relaying this to me. I was apparently told wrong so I appreciate it. Now I know at least to hope that it's there vs. expecting it.

Any idea of why they listed the release as soon as July then on Sideshow? I thought that was for SDCC?

Yeah for sure man, I was listening to some collecting podcasts and they said the same thing as you.... Just trying to make sure people set their expectations.

As far as the release dates, the Toy Fair figures are usually quicker to release than standard ones. Was the same way for Concept cap and T'chakka.

A vote for 2099.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 3 mediante Tapatalk

Oh man, Spider-man 2099 would be awesome! Easily one of my favorite Marvel characters and designs...I really hope he's in the next 'Spiderverse' movie or Sony decides to do an animated spin-off with him.

I really wonder why they went with Scarlet Spider...then again, they also went with Spider-Punk before who was an odd choice. Scarlet Spider was a much-loved design from the 90's 'Clone Saga', I also dug the Ben Reilly Spider-man suit.

Maybe Howard Chan has some specific love for these designs, I'm guessing that is it. But doesn't Hasbro also have to "sign off" on these figure choices because they hold the "Master" Marvel license? Or does Hot Toys just have to get Marvel's approval?

Oh man, Spider-man 2099 would be awesome! Easily one of my favorite Marvel characters and designs...I really hope he's in the next 'Spiderverse' movie or Sony decides to do an animated spin-off with him.

I really wonder why they went with Scarlet Spider...then again, they also went with Spider-Punk before who was an odd choice. Scarlet Spider was a much-loved design from the 90's 'Clone Saga', I also dug the Ben Reilly Spider-man suit.

Maybe Howard Chan has some specific love for these designs, I'm guessing that is it. But doesn't Hasbro also have to "sign off" on these figure choices because they hold the "Master" Marvel license? Or does Hot Toys just have to get Marvel's approval?

I also have a theory, albeit a bit outlandish. But it would be funny if Hot Toys was actually planning on producing all the suits from the game and they released the Scarlet suit without actually knowing how popular it is/was with Spider-Man fans. What if they ranked this suit similar to the Punk suit and they are trying to release all the seemingly unpopular designs first, before eventually moving onto the 'cooler' looking ones?

A part of me wants to believe that they actually began production a long time ago but decided last minute to sell this Scarlet as an "Exclusive" in hopes of selling more units - especially based on the pre-order performance of the Punk suit so far, which I assume is extremely poor. And just like us, they are shocked and surprised as to how quickly it went onto wait list lol.

I also have a theory, albeit a bit outlandish. But it would be funny if Hot Toys was actually planning on producing all the suits from the game and they released the Scarlet suit without actually knowing how popular it is/was with Spider-Man fans. What if they ranked this suit similar to the Punk suit and they are trying to release all the seemingly unpopular designs first, before eventually moving onto the 'cooler' looking ones?

A part of me wants to believe that they actually began production a long time ago but decided last minute to sell this Scarlet as an "Exclusive" in hopes of selling more units - especially based on the pre-order performance of the Punk suit so far, which I assume is extremely poor. And just like us, they are shocked and surprised as to how quickly it went onto wait list lol.

Scarlet Spider is the one I wanted most out of all the suits (yes, even classic). I would’ve preordered either way.

Yeah for sure man, I was listening to some collecting podcasts and they said the same thing as you.... Just trying to make sure people set their expectations.

As far as the release dates, the Toy Fair figures are usually quicker to release than standard ones. Was the same way for Concept cap and T'chakka.

So since it says July through Sept. as the release schedule do you think that they'll be releasing in batches during that time period or...? I'm newer to all of this so sorry if these questions are redundant or absurd.

Allow me to add my voice to the chorus of people shocked, annoyed, and hopeful of the wait-list. This is my most wanted superhero figure of all time, I was super excited and posted to several forums and was watching the site. I worked Thursday afternoon and night at my job and when I checked the site at 3 am it was sold out. I got on the wait list around 6 am but am filled with anxiety that I'll have to pay $750 for one of these.

I feel that if this was going to be available at SDCC they would have said so around the time it was revealed or put up for order.

Allow me to add my voice to the chorus of people shocked, annoyed, and hopeful of the wait-list. This is my most wanted superhero figure of all time, I was super excited and posted to several forums and was watching the site. I worked Thursday afternoon and night at my job and when I checked the site at 3 am it was sold out. I got on the wait list around 6 am but am filled with anxiety that I'll have to pay $750 for one of these.

Same here as well. I saw the order coming up and I did the stupid thing to wait one day before making my decision. I got on the waitlist at 9am the next morning. I'm hoping that either everyone's waitlist converts or that Hot Toys is making more stocks as mentioned by someone on here few days ago.

Arghhh, I want this Spidey so bad. Hope that people who ordered the Scarlet Spider cancel their slots upon the announcement of the Far From Home suits so that people who really want this figure have their waitlisted queues converted.

Back