Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since a lot of waitlist reservations have been converted, there are now a bigger number of scalpers on eBay. I guess people who are trying to order this figure simply because they are fans of the Scarlet Spider and just want to add this wonderful piece to their collections are being screwed over by greedy scums that are keeping these figures hostages at ridiculous prices. Some guy is even asking $1000 for the figure. What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad all of y’all were able to get one... but I still wish it was a more limited piece lol

More limited than what? This thing got waitlisted within hours, with a few conversions happening now, and then that's it.

He’s probably one of the scalpers on eBay. Glad I got mine for just $88 without shipping thanks to all the RP’s I’ve collected over the years.

Far as I can tell very few 1/6th figures are ‘limited’.

The window of opportunity to get one at retail is limited, but other than that I’ll never get why collectors treat this mass-produced plastic crap (which I love, but let’s call a doll a doll) like Fabergé Eggs.

I appreciate the time it takes to curate and nicely display a collection; but acquisition is not an accomplishment. Shopping is not an achievement. [emoji38]

Now that’s just me being salty. Your mileage may vary and that’s cool too.

They’re making *thousands* of these Scarlet Spiders.

Not a scalper I swear, I just don’t understand why they’re calling it an “exclusive” yet they’ll probably make just as many of these as their other Spidey figures. I know it’s petty, but I wish they didn’t call it an exclusive if they’re just going to make a ton of these.

Everyone who wants one should be able to get one.

You get a Scarlet Spider and YOU get a Scarlet Spider and YOU get a Scarlet Spider. EVERYONE gets a Scarlet Spider

tenor.gif

Not a scalper I swear, I just don’t understand why they’re calling it an “exclusive” yet they’ll probably make just as many of these as their other Spidey figures. I know it’s petty, but I wish they didn’t call it an exclusive if they’re just going to make a ton of these.

Well, if you can only get it direct from SS and no other online retailer or store front, then it is in fact an exclusive. Exclusive doesn not necessarily mean "limited" or low production run

Well, if you can only get it direct from SS and no other online retailer or store front, then it is in fact an exclusive. Exclusive doesn not necessarily mean "limited" or low production run

I gotta admit, these exclusives are kinda annoying. I prefer to order from my usual guy...and now that I placed my first order with SS and I see that I earned a decent amount of reward points from it, it kinda opened the door to potentially ordering from SS again cause I don't want those points to go to waste...it's like a gateway drug! :gah:

I gotta admit, these exclusives are kinda annoying. I prefer to order from my usual guy...and now that I placed my first order with SS and I see that I earned a decent amount of reward points from it, it kinda opened the door to potentially ordering from SS again cause I don't want those points to go to waste...it's like a gateway drug! :gah:

I only order exclusives from SS. Wait until Spooktacular and build up your point there, I think they did some during Black Friday last year also. I got like $45 worth between them if I remember right.

Because they know that’s the only way people like you will buy them :lol . Nike and Adidas have been doing this for years and years. Seems like Hot Toys/Sideshow have just learned this trick.

Back