Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Main Entry: var·i·ant
Pronunciation: \ˈver-ē-ənt\
Function: adjective
Definition: varying usually slightly from the standard form

I would say just the figure stand different is something varying slightly from the standard. I'm sure you could get a custom one done but what does it matter? I want the actual ST version, I'll get one no problem. Someone nabbed one just last week on another set of boards for $300. I'm not worried about whats on Silly Thing's site. Not to mention what is the point of getting it done for you it wouldn't be authentic. I might as well get a TrueType placard and have it say "Mark 3 the Mike Edition"

Ooooooh. That's what "variant" means! :banghead Silly me. Thanks for clearing that up. And I totally forgot how to use the dictionary considering I've been out of school for so long. And to think that this whole time I thought "variant" only applied to the actual figure itself (such as a change in color scheme) and not the accessories that are used to make sure it doesn't fall and get ruined. But lucky for me you're here to square me away! I'm not worthy to walk in your shoes, bud. Glad to hear you can get your Silly Thing variant for el cheapo there Mr. The Mikey. Good luck with that.

P.S. and I guess one could argue that the Sideshow Exclusive is a variant of the "standard" Silly Thing version, which it is after all isn't it?

Last edited:
thankyouw.jpg

After reading bootchydog's post, https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1885502&postcount=572 is sillything the only version that comes with the screw hole covers? Does anyones Mark 2/3 have them?...

The regular Mark III has the covers, yes. I don't have a Mark II in hand yet, so I can't answer for that one, but I'm sure it has them too. I contacted Hot Toys directly when my original Mark III arrived with a defective foot and slightly nicked head sculpt. I provided photos and a receipt as proof of purchase, and they replaced both parts free of charge. It should be a non-issue getting a couple replacement screw covers.

Thanks Blu Falcon, I'd just managed to convince myself I didn't want this one :(

It looks fantastic.

*edit*

Thanks to ABC Express too, its on its way :)

Last edited:
Nah GW. It was just in good humour. We know you're a nice guy and not trying to show off or anything, just trying to pass the time while i wait for my GG IM to arrive.

My apologies if I implied otherwise :eek:
No problem my friend, i wasnt offended by your comment. Just want to get the fact out.

i am currently going through SS to see if they can address my issue of the missing screw tab covers. if not, i will go through HTs. i am sure most people have an extra screw cover lying around...

The regular Mark III has the covers, yes. I don't have a Mark II in hand yet, so I can't answer for that one, but I'm sure it has them too. I contacted Hot Toys directly when my original Mark III arrived with a defective foot and slightly nicked head sculpt. I provided photos and a receipt as proof of purchase, and they replaced both parts free of charge. It should be a non-issue getting a couple replacement screw covers.

Back