Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn i soo wanna get a hold of one of these bad boyz...if someone wants to sell one please shoot me a pm...

cheers

I prefer the ss ones, as it says exclusive on the stand, rather than the silly thing version, which just reads mark 3. But thats just me:D

Good luck in finding one, Mike!

I like the exclusive bit on the stand but to be honest it's just a stand so I don't realy care which I have, not sure what I ordered hehe

Mike, one thing to consider since you're hell bent on getting the Silly Thing stand is to perhaps just buy the Sideshow Exclusive version and offer to trade stands with someone who has the one you're looking for. My guess is that if the Silly Things stand is considered rare here in the US, then the Sideshow Ex stand might be rare overseas? A win for both parties involved if you can find someone who might be interested in such a trade. Just random thoughts as I close out the business day.

Blu Falcon I mean no offense by this, so please take this in the manner which it is intended but I am truly fascinated that it bothers you that I want the Silly Thing version. I do appreciate the advice though and thank you sincerely for trying to help me nab one.

Your plan is actually a really good one except for the fact that Hot Toys screwed the
pooch on it. The Sideshow Exclusive version isn't exactly a Sideshow Exclusive. HT actually is selling this figure at all cons they are visiting all year. They did it in HK, Japan and other various shows. Sideshow just imported a batch for SDCC, which means the version that was included is actually the most readily available. :(

Apparently also according to the other boards especially Asian ones, the batch that HT had at the brick and mortar store Silly Thing store sold out within the first week with people lining up. It doesn't seem like a lot of them are selling and I have a feeling that if someone parted out the figure the stand alone would go for more than the figure itself.

The cheapest way will be to get the figure in whole out right....the problem now seems to be finding a seller that isn't interested in price gauging. Which is also why I'm okay with waiting this one out for a good long while. :D

Blu Falcon I mean no offense by this, so please take this in the manner which it is intended but I am truly fascinated that it bothers you that I want the Silly Thing version. I do appreciate the advice though and thank you sincerely for trying to help me nab one.

Wrong assessment, dude. I think you read waaaaay too far into my post. I'm not at all bothered by the fact that you want the Silly Thing stand. Why would I be? It's your money so you do what you want. In fact, all I was trying to do was offer you an alternative method to obtaining it. Don't forget that earlier in this thread you and I were on the same team, no? No offense taken.

Your plan is actually a really good one except for the fact that Hot Toys screwed the
pooch on it. The Sideshow Exclusive version isn't exactly a Sideshow Exclusive. HT actually is selling this figure at all cons they are visiting all year. They did it in HK, Japan and other various shows. Sideshow just imported a batch for SDCC, which means the version that was included is actually the most readily available. :(

Apparently also according to the other boards especially Asian ones, the batch that HT had at the brick and mortar store Silly Thing store sold out within the first week with people lining up. It doesn't seem like a lot of them are selling and I have a feeling that if someone parted out the figure the stand alone would go for more than the figure itself.

The cheapest way will be to get the figure in whole out right....the problem now seems to be finding a seller that isn't interested in price gauging. Which is also why I'm okay with waiting this one out for a good long while. :D

Fair enough. Good luck in your search. Not being sarcastic, but genuinely sincere.

Mike, I am a little confused about the SS page for the GGIM where they say "limited edition." Limited to what? Do you have any knowledge or idea what that ltd amount is/could be? I wonder if they ever plan to update the page and enlighten us because it almost has a Franklin Mint feel to it.

Sideshow or Hot Toys hasn't released numbers on it. Its only "limited" because its being sold via the convention routes and not in widespread numbers. No real way of telling yet just how limited.

P1030898.jpg
:chew:chew:chew

If anyone is looking for one, I have one Brand new. $250 shipped. Hit me up!

Back