Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark VI Neon Tech 2.0 Yellow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark VI Neon Tech Yellow

If someone preorders a figure, waits a year or more, with the sole intent to resell upon sell out, that is in no way scalping. It’s just selling for market. It’s being willing to take a risk to reap a potential reward should the figure be popular upon release or soon after.

That example is pretty much the proper definition of scalping. Buying something with intent to sell when the item sells out or becomes hard to obtain. Your example is definitely scalping, just on a small scale. All scalping has a risk and plays on the market timing. Even ticket scalpers sometimes take a hit. It all comes down to intent.

That example is pretty much the proper definition of scalping. Buying something with intent to sell when the item sells out or becomes hard to obtain. Your example is definitely scalping, just on a small scale. All scalping has a risk and plays on the market timing. Even ticket scalpers sometimes take a hit. It all comes down to intent.

Or just investing.

The spirit of scalping in how many collectors use it is the concept of buying up the limited supply (tickets to a game/event/concert) and reselling due to high demand low supply.

With Hot Toys it’s pretty rare that anything sells out or is difficult to acquire within 1-2 years of preorder status. & Hot Toys will make more depending on the orders placed. The runs aren’t limited to a defined number. Any preorder placed just causes the run to increase.

Only with the exclusives is the run count limited enough for true scalping to take place, where people can purchase an item and in the short term try to take advantage of the market supply/demand gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still fits within the definition of scalping. Whether you think it's a bad thing is another matter. I personally have no issues with it - because as was mentioned, these products are available for a while for people who really want them.

Scalping... Yes, intent, that's what it is.
Some say, scalpers are doing you a favor by selling you something that otherwise wouldn't be available to you. Perhaps that's right for convention exclusives, I don't know. I live in EU and SDCC is very far away... In the past, SSC would sell an allotment of 10% to non attendees, I liked that. But they changed that, like they changed so many things... . But I guess you can't stop change.

Funny thing: I once sold something (MIB) to someone for $100 CHEAPER than what I had payed myself (retail), and as a thank you he called me a scalper... . That was bitter.

That being said, I don't like scalpers, but I don't care and have never cared about scalping because I never bought from them anyway.

Still fits within the definition of scalping. Whether you think it's a bad thing is another matter. I personally have no issues with it - because as was mentioned, these products are available for a while for people who really want them.

Fair enough.

Just glad this figure came up for retail again.

do we need a black light or something to make this glow? does it come with a little stage like black panther to make those blue lines appear? i see some special toy box on ebay for like $500 to make this thing glow. can someone explain the "neon" feature? are they battery operated?

Yes now I'm able to get one and this time much easier than 1.0.
They were pretty tight lipped about the stock.

Is funny that is not sold out yet...

Glad it was still up. Will probably be sold out in the next couple of days. Now just waiting on War Machine to complete the trinity. Although wouldn't be surprised to see HT produce a Rescue repaint.

looks awesome!

ironman.jpg

It’s weird that they chose to extend both ab sections for a straight up pose though. Just makes his torso look way too long.
Looks great otherwise!

Completely agreed with all points there.

Can't wait to get him- this color scheme looks a lot nicer displayed under normal lighting

It’s weird that they chose to extend both ab sections for a straight up pose though. Just makes his torso look way too long.
Looks great otherwise!
Yeah, doesn't look right when the torso is in 'extended' mode. If the abs are in normal setting, the proportions are fine.
At least, looks OK to me going by this vid:
https://youtu.be/_iBuyvPlvQg?t=1m29s

Disc.jpg

Grabbing this figure. I wonder if there will be any aftermarket Yellow Hall of Armors for him like there was for the blue one. Too bad Hot Toys didn't throw in any extras, would have been good if they came with something like an matching colour identity disc. Could have easily taken that mold from their Tron Legacy figure.

View attachment 463871

Grabbing this figure. I wonder if there will be any aftermarket Yellow Hall of Armors for him like there was for the blue one. Too bad Hot Toys didn't throw in any extras, would have been good if they came with something like an matching colour identity disc. Could have easily taken that mold from their Tron Legacy figure.

There’s a bunch of them for sale on eBay. They call them toys-box soldier gennaku 4.0.

83ecc301a7c86a129454557825d6092a.jpg

Any video of this gennaku 4.0?

Back