Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark VI Neon Tech 2.0 Yellow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of diecast. Since this is your first these are only partially diecast they are still about 80% plastic. They do have some weight but not like a true diecast figure. Most of the diecast is in the legs.

Hi if you want something interesting the mk7 subzero is cheaper than diecasts, a tony sculpt is easily fitted & under uv light it looks purple mauve & grey. i had mine between the neon 4 & 6 til wm arrived. another good buy at present is mk46 concept add a head & a shield or sword from the mk50 looks great. cheers ian.

Hi if you want something interesting the mk7 subzero is cheaper than diecasts, a tony sculpt is easily fitted & under uv light it looks purple mauve & grey. i had mine between the neon 4 & 6 til wm arrived. another good buy at present is mk46 concept add a head & a shield or sword from the mk50 looks great. cheers ian.

The mk7 subzero is absolutely beautiful, and because it?s plastic you can easily put it in a flight stand. All of it I love except the price, it?s still over msrp on eBay unfortunately.

Mark 46 CA does look awesome, but like I said before, I?m not a huge fan of Iron Man his original colours, that?s why mark 47 was the one I was interested in (mark 46 with more silver+empty helmet).

I don?t like the gold arms, that?s why I decided not to get mark 85 unfortunately. I know it?s his og colours, but to me it reminds me too much of a sleeve on shirt and gloves he put on (like he did in the comics right?)
Choices choices haha.

This one is still for under msrp to buy, so hard to say no [emoji106]

If one day Im filthy rich, I?ll buy all of the ones you?ve mentioned, I promise.

Speaking of diecast. Since this is your first these are only partially diecast they are still about 80% plastic. They do have some weight but not like a true diecast figure. Most of the diecast is in the legs.

Yeah thanks for the heads up, when I first red that, it baffled me. But it?s a logical decision (too heavy, bigger shipping costs).

People ripping this figure usually say something about the lack of paint on this figure. I think Hot Toyd did it intentionally otherwise, it would look less ?neon?. That?s what I think.

The only thing intentional about the lack of paint is to save costs. Some of the plastic is painted, some not. I've purchased every single iron man release since 2013 with the exception of the last two neon techs. Wasn't particularly happy with the quality to price ratio on the first one (mainly lack of paint on some parts). It did look good under UV light, but just didn't go along with the rest of my setup. Turning on the lights for the rest of the display drowned out the neon effect and I wasn't interested in creating a separate display zone for 3 neon tech figures.

The Stealth Mark VII is another example of an overpriced figure - however, that one actually has pretty good paint and looks extremely good under normal lighting conditions.

The only thing intentional about the lack of paint is to save costs. Some of the plastic is painted, some not. I've purchased every single iron man release since 2013 with the exception of the last two neon techs. Wasn't particularly happy with the quality to price ratio on the first one (mainly lack of paint on some parts). It did look good under UV light, but just didn't go along with the rest of my setup. Turning on the lights for the rest of the display drowned out the neon effect and I wasn't interested in creating a separate display zone for 3 neon tech figures.

The Stealth Mark VII is another example of an overpriced figure - however, that one actually has pretty good paint and looks extremely good under normal lighting conditions.

Your point about the cost saving does sound very logical, but there is still something in me that says it has to be something different than that.

The figure was new 400 dollars? That?s insanely expensive, just to safe to a 10-50 dollars on paint? (Just rambling, I don?t know exactly how much everything costs)

Especially if collectors like yourself who can spot an error like this instantly.

Iv noticed the figure doesn?t suit well if someone has a big collection of Iron Man. But I only tend to have 1 so hopefully he will look amazing as a stand alone.

I love Daft Punk and neon style stuff in general, so this ?special edition? is awesome to me. Wish I could get the 1.0 Neon, I do enjoy the blue more than the yellow, but it?s not worth DOUBLE the money. Mark 7 Stealth I also looked at, but again, the pricing is just ridiculous. Why wouldn?t it be, it?s the only all black Iron man...

Just ordered it from therealdoctorwho on eBay for 310 euro with shipping and no import tax.

This thing doesn?t come with a flight stand thing, do you maybe know where I can get one? Iron man needs to be in a flying pose in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the help, really excited to get this.

c216aef79582a8767cd87f2bad329d1b.jpg

This picture is what sold the figure for me, I love how it blends in but still stands out.

This yet unconfirmed picture has been making the rounds on Facebook. A site (Sugotoys) already has it listed on their site as well... I know this isn't the proper place to post it but I'm not making a thread for an unconfirmed release because this could be fake.
104433596_10221504488337862_3784255295453110727_n.jpg

I wouldn't put it past them for more of these, but that image is identical to one of the Mk5 promo images, down to the lighting and shadows. Easy enough photoshop job

XhegaWV.png

I wouldn't put it past them for more of these, but that image is identical to one of the Mk5 promo images, down to the lighting and shadows. Easy enough photoshop job

XhegaWV.png

Look at the nice lack of thigh gap on this figure...remind me again why HT didn't do it for Mk L? Oh right, cause they lazy and wanted to just pump them out before EG... :slap

Look at the nice lack of thigh gap on this figure...remind me again why HT didn't do it for Mk L? Oh right, cause they lazy and wanted to just pump them out before EG... :slap

Most of them have thigh gap some more than 50 but they just don't stand out as much to some people. I honestly notice it more on my MK46/47/Concept than the 50 but it doesn't bother me.

Back