1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's assuming they don't ship out your regular before your waitlist converts.

Sideshow recommends that you order the reg on 3-month payment plan, then if your waitlist for the Ex converts during the 3 months, you can switch it over.

Problem with that: you have to wait 3 months. AND you may end up having to wait longer for a 2nd shipment.

I'm watching for low stock alert -- assuming SS even does it. But its highly likely that HT made a billion of these things so I'm certain there will be plenty of regulars to go around for at least the first three months they hit US shores.

This will be like the Mk 6... no one missed out on the 6 if they were aware when it was released.

They should've made a billion of the plastic hologram ex, along with the trays, only difference as far as I can tell. Waitlisted - figure how hard can molding some plastic be. Now I'm gonna kick myself for taking so long to decide $$$$:banghead but re holiday season coming up and a bunch of other POs have to be cautious.:crying

So decided I need an iron man. Was hoping the QS mark 3 would turn out good as that's one of my fave armours/IM films, but alas the colour is way off.

Not up on my IM armour but love the mark 7 too. Would this be a better option over the diecast mark 3? Any help appreciated as just want a decent 1/6 (classic look) IM on my shelf. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just saw the photos on page 119. Wow. Think this may be the one.

Last edited:
Definitely get the 7 over the 3 cap? n cook. The Mk 3 was way underscaled compared to the recent die casts. Paint, details, all of it on the 7 is much better than the 3 imo. Plus it?s cheaper, the mk3 is more on the second hand market

Definitely get the 7 over the 3 cap? n cook. The Mk 3 was way underscaled compared to the recent die casts. Paint, details, all of it on the 7 is much better than the 3 imo. Plus it?s cheaper, the mk3 is more on the second hand market

Thanks man I appreciate the input. :duff

Torn now between this and the 1/4 mark 3, which is looking a bit more promising from recent photos.

Cheers again. :)

Photos by Justin Kane‎

75354933_2791202820911406_5129124935012188160_o.jpg

The pic by Justin Kane and movie screenshot.
Looks pretty accurate.

IMC.jpg

So decided I need an iron man. Was hoping the QS mark 3 would turn out good as that's one of my fave armours/IM films, but alas the colour is way off.

Not up on my IM armour but love the mark 7 too. Would this be a better option over the diecast mark 3? Any help appreciated as just want a decent 1/6 (classic look) IM on my shelf. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: just saw the photos on page 119. Wow. Think this may be the one.

Go with the Mark VII for sure.
I mean I for one love my Diecast MKIII, I am quite fond of it.

87f0d5cfd3a9378bccdba97d7751a469.jpg

59620122446963e252a6fcd0f7a44f60.jpg

But even as someone that loves the figure, I can understand the hate...it is underscaled, has no ankle tilt, has no ab crunch or twist and doesn?t have those little slight paint chips/grease that we?ve grown accustomed to on even clean IM. The VII is the newest IM and probably the best one yet (in any scale). I think this is the one to own and will be for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man I appreciate the input. :duff

Torn now between this and the 1/4 mark 3, which is looking a bit more promising from recent photos.

Cheers again. :)

As much as I generally prefer the Mk 3 to the 7, I think the 7 is looking like the slightly cooler looking figure at the moment. I've got both on order, but if I could only have one it would be the 7.

Here?s another pic by Ryan Kirkwood of the same pose mimicking the movie. Torso looks a tad shorter here. It is longer tho than the movie version but not a deal breaker. Knees tho...definitely due to the pod gimmick I feel.
75ccb4d91034d4e0f0638ed35f7578ff.jpg

Torso also seems a tad bit longer...

That's it, canceling pre-order now!!! :lol

I THINK in the real shot he's crunching a little bit, as you can only see two of the three gold little stripes on the abs, whereas on the figure you can see all three, making the torso appear longer.

I think there's just some weird lens distortion and photoshop going on with that photo. If we bring back Xenomorph's pics the proportions look a lot more accurate and it looks a lot bulkier like it should. And the arc reactor appears smaller too.

74514843_2527909587264263_7251117982175199232_o.jpg

56.jpg

I think there's just some weird lens distortion and photoshop going on with that photo. If we bring back Xenomorph's pics the proportions look a lot more accurate and it looks a lot bulkier like it should. And the arc reactor appears smaller too.

View attachment 470342

View attachment 470343

Exactly my thought.

Besides, there are always technical limitations of a "toy" because of the scale and for articulation purpose, which I personally wouldn't take for flaws.

Exactly my thought.

Besides, there are always technical limitations of a "toy" because of the scale and for articulation purpose, which I personally wouldn't take for flaws.

Agree 100%
I?m just hoping sideshow get this soon like some of their other releases that have had a quick turnaround from hk release to sideshow getting them

Back