1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch Avengers closely: Loki is made to look taller in that scene before Cap and Iron Man shows up (and not just because everyone is kneeling). I actually believed the figure was trying to express that idea.

It was definitely inconsistent, but in several scenes I got that impression. Maybe its just me. I guess if he's supposed to be 6'4'' that's pretty tall as it is.

Glad you mentioned this scene. I always noticed how they made him look very god like when he walked out into the crowd. Loki magic maybe

Next to diecast Mark VII plastic:
39.png

Maybe it's more accurate, but I like the abdomen on the old one better, it seems to protrude out more on the new one.

The VII is probably the best figure right now (IMO) out of the original 7. Must have in my book.

Also, for those who have it in hand, is the paint finish similar to what is on the Mark IX?

Having actual silver on those thigh plates as well as on the shoulder makes a world of difference from the originals near 'white' paint.

Man Hot Toys has really up'ed its game with this one. I remember not too long ago, the original VII was the pinnacle of Hot Toys' Iron Man line. They've really improved on that one. I wish I pre-ordered this. Made the mistake of skipping it.

At least the original VII still stands up well given its age. Still good enough for a museum pose display.

Maybe it's more accurate, but I like the abdomen on the old one better, it seems to protrude out more on the new one.

There seems to be some small but noticeable proportion issues, likely related to the inclusion of the pod gimmick, really wish they hadn't bothered at all with it

Man Hot Toys has really up'ed its game with this one. I remember not too long ago, the original VII was the pinnacle of Hot Toys' Iron Man line. They've really improved on that one. I wish I pre-ordered this. Made the mistake of skipping it.

At least the original VII still stands up well given its age. Still good enough for a museum pose display.

It?s still up for pre-order on Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be some small but noticeable proportion issues, likely related to the inclusion of the pod gimmick, really wish they hadn't bothered at all with it

Pod is so dumb. Most buyers probably won't even try it and very few will display it that way. They could have lowered the price and possibly made the figure even better than it is. Or if HT marketing insisted on inflating the price with a gimmick the money would have been much better spent on a new diorama base(which I personally also would not use).

You mentioned how little the IV was utilized but didn?t mention how much the VI was.

Yes. For the specific reason that we've all seen the movies, (otherwise we wouldn't be discussing the figures the way we do) and we all now how much use and screen time the VI got and what it did. I mentioned the under utilized IV because that was it's biggest point. It didn't do much in the film, which also helped point out my remark about it being the base model workhorse. It was just there. It didn't do anything special or unique, it didn't dazzle, it didn't impress. It just existed. The Mk IV was a base model '69 Camaro. The Mk VI was a '69 Yenko Camaro. I think of the Mk IV as sort of the b@stard child and a starting block for the better suits. You've got to start somewhere.

How do you watch the stock? Genuinely curious. I'm on the waitlist for the Exclusive, but don't want to miss out on the Regular if things start looking grim!

How do you watch the stock? Genuinely curious. I'm on the waitlist for the Exclusive, but don't want to miss out on the Regular if things start looking grim!

You can preorder the regular version and if your exclusive version converts they?ll switch it out with the regular version. That?s what they did for me. So you should play it safe!

Feeling like it?s just a matter of time before I get my order in for this guy. Loving how beefy he looks, especially in these comparison shots. The regular mark 7 was the first figure I ever ordered from SSC (got rid of it a while ago tho).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can preorder the regular version and if your exclusive version converts they?ll switch it out with the regular version. That?s what they did for me. So you should play it safe!

That's assuming they don't ship out your regular before your waitlist converts.

Sideshow recommends that you order the reg on 3-month payment plan, then if your waitlist for the Ex converts during the 3 months, you can switch it over.

Problem with that: you have to wait 3 months. AND you may end up having to wait longer for a 2nd shipment.

I'm watching for low stock alert -- assuming SS even does it. But its highly likely that HT made a billion of these things so I'm certain there will be plenty of regulars to go around for at least the first three months they hit US shores.

This will be like the Mk 6... no one missed out on the 6 if they were aware when it was released.

Back