1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wish HT would put in the maximum effort sometimes. A completely revamped figure but an outdated and inaccurate face sculpt...just why? Just take the few extra steps to take it next level! :slap

Agreed....ish. I mean not that it would deter me, especially from an IM figure, but this thing would be way over $450-460 before shipping (and tax if applicable) which many are already passing due to $400+ prices. Also, it’s a helmeted headsculpt, which personally seems to not only be more forgiving but also gets much less display time in my collection.

Just In my opinion.

Agreed....ish. I mean not that it would deter me, especially from an IM figure, but this thing would be way over $450-460 before shipping (and tax if applicable) which many are already passing due to $400+ prices. Also, it’s a helmeted headsculpt, which personally seems to not only be more forgiving but also gets much less display time in my collection.

Just In my opinion.

I agree to...the helmeted headsculpt can be more forgiving, so this gets a pass in my book. However I thought it was such a huge missed opportunity and wayyyy worse when they released the Mk V Diecast and kept the lousy, super inaccurate headsculpt of Brad Pitt! :gah:

Trying to debate getting this, the 1/4 mark 3 or possibly the new EndGame suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree to...the helmeted headsculpt can be more forgiving, so this gets a pass in my book. However I thought it was such a huge missed opportunity and wayyyy worse when they released the Mk V Diecast and kept the lousy, super inaccurate headsculpt of Brad Pitt! :gah:

Totally agreed here, that Mark V headsculpt was just horrible in comparison to the newer Tony headsculpts. It never made it out of the box for me, lol.

Sorry for posting this question here but it's at the top of the forum and I figured it's the best chance of getting responses. What is the likelihood of Hot Toys releasing/announcing a new 1/6 Mark 3 within this year? I've only just begun collecting some Marvel figures and hadn't been paying attention to Iron Man releases until recently.

Sorry for posting this question here but it's at the top of the forum and I figured it's the best chance of getting responses. What is the likelihood of Hot Toys releasing/announcing a new 1/6 Mark 3 within this year? I've only just begun collecting some Marvel figures and hadn't been paying attention to Iron Man releases until recently.

Not likely I’m afraid. Best get the IV or VII while you can. Might be years before the revisit the original armors again.

I've never ordered from Timewalker Toys but I noticed that their pre-order price is lower than BBTS and has free shipping. Does TWT usually receive/ship their products earlier than BBTS and what kind of packaging do they use?

I've never ordered from Timewalker Toys but I noticed that their pre-order price is lower than BBTS and has free shipping. Does TWT usually receive/ship their products earlier than BBTS and what kind of packaging do they use?

They always pack out like BBTS (ship the figure in the shipper inside another box). They seem to get their figures about the same time, if not a little earlier. But they generally sell through their allocation pretty quickly. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

They always pack out like BBTS (ship the figure in the shipper inside another box). They seem to get their figures about the same time, if not a little earlier. But they generally sell through their allocation pretty quickly. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

Does Timewalker require a signature upon delivery? I know BBTS doesn't and I haven't ordered from SSC in years.

Does Timewalker require a signature upon delivery? I know BBTS doesn't and I haven't ordered from SSC in years.

While I am not sure what Timewalker tells the shipping company, I can say that if they use UPS, you can release the package online with UPS MyChoice.

I noticed that Sideshow has a Collector Edition and an Exclusive Edition. Does anyone know what the difference is?

The exclusive edition comes with the pod mini suit hologram on a stand. They seem to be the same price at the moment as well. They did that with a few of their diecast ironman and war machine armor

The head of this figure is really inaccurate, it's much narrower in the movie, especially the forehead
Also, legs look so slim...

The head of this figure is really inaccurate, it's much narrower in the movie, especially the forehead
Also, legs look so slim...
Yea the helmet is in accurate. The face mask is way wrong at the top. Should be rounded in the middle how they have it now. He definitely has skinny legs in this too, especially the knee area.
I have it on PO but have been considering not getting it as of late with the Mark 85 looking awesome

I’m glad I didn’t PO this. I really like this armor, but I’ll just keep my plastic version and Stealth version. I love my Mark VI Diecast though.

I also PO both the 7 and 85. I love both model, but I'm rethinking about only keeping one most iconic IM armor.

Does anyone else think the aftermarket prices for this guy will be insane? I'm talking Mark 47 levels insane? The popularity of the Mark 7 armor, in addition to the gimmicks and number of accessories included with the figure, certainly suggests so.

That fear is the biggest reason I'm keeping my Mark 7 PO, to avoid the scenario of dealing with an aftermarket for this guy where the cheapest you can get him is over a $1000. I would love to get the Mark 47, but unless Hot Toys make a reissue, that's a pipe dream. No figure is worth over $1000 to me no matter how cool and unique it looks.

Back