1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else think the aftermarket prices for this guy will be insane? I'm talking Mark 47 levels insane? The popularity of the Mark 7 armor, in addition to the gimmicks and number of accessories included with the figure, certainly suggests so.

That fear is the biggest reason I'm keeping my Mark 7 PO, to avoid the scenario of dealing with an aftermarket for this guy where the cheapest you can get him is over a $1000. I would love to get the Mark 47, but unless Hot Toys make a reissue, that's a pipe dream. No figure is worth over $1000 to me no matter how cool and unique it looks.

Possibly, but not sure I'd agree. There are already 2 previous very well done versions of the MK7, although plastic. Plus there's 2 versions of Midas, the Stealth version and the Arctic armor version. That's 6 figures in the exact same MK7 armor, then the new DC makes 7.

The MK46 & MK47 are relatively repaints, but come with very different accessories, and was very cool with the little lights all over the body. The MK46 took a while to increase, the MK47 went rather quick after release, but also seems to have been made in far smaller numbers than the MK46. And the concept MK46, while my favorite look as a throwback to the classic comic book armor, seems to be hanging around even with coupons being offered.

SO hard to tell. And all the collector interest now seems to be on the MK50 & MK85. But, things never seem to work out for me. When I pass on things they become unattainable, while those I jump on hang around... :lol

Exactly how i feel about this figure. I have always wanted a mk7 and even though i think the price sucks, i can't miss out again on this suit. Wish it didn't come with that pod pd gimmick, i will never pose it that way anyways. Should have just been a separate accessory like veronica.

Agree, i don't like the pod gimmick as i feel it may have negatively impacted the design for the figure (E.g., i wonder if the narrow knees was a result of the pod design)

Agree, i don't like the pod gimmick as i feel it may have negatively impacted the design for the figure (E.g., i wonder if the narrow knees was a result of the pod design)

I don’t think anyone will be taking this $430 nice figure and display it as the pod. Nothing but a sales gimmick imo that doesn’t work. I’d have preferred it being more solid and no pod and saved $50

I'm sure someone bought a 2nd figure to display it as pod.

I bought 2 but am still not interested in the pod, he has three different stages of armor and BD, if I get a third it still wouldn't be a pod :lol

Thing is terrible, and no one seems to care that the pod has two rib cages either, very off putting

I bought 2 but am still not interested in the pod, he has three different stages of armor and BD, if I get a third it still wouldn't be a pod :lol

Thing is terrible, and no one seems to care that the pod has two rib cages either, very off putting

& i would rather not constantly try to transform a $450 Hot Toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously transforming stuff like that doesn't belong on a 430$ figure. Leave that to transformers. They should have included that with the plastic ones since they are light enough for aerial posing. This diecast is way too heavy so the pod gimiick won't be able to display good anyway. AFAIK they haven't included with it a specialized stand for this figure, so what's the point of the pod? The pod gimmick should have been included with a tony stark suit up mk7 gantry. Complete with the wrist sensors and aerial stand.

D303A037-7311-4407-B54F-2A03D6D228D6.jpeg

It’s not “fully” battle damaged but I thought hot Toys included a fair amount of damaged parts for this figure.. I always loved this suit and never had a chance to own any of the originals. At one time I had snagged that BD on pre order but couldn’t afford it down the road for financial reasons.. that’s why when works good for me I’ll just buy SS Gift cards and buy the figure out right so I don’t have to worry about coming up with the money 6-7months down the road except for $20 for shipping.

Back