1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 6040368A-BDFE-42E9-9A23-33578E9E5A39.jpeg
    6040368A-BDFE-42E9-9A23-33578E9E5A39.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 743
That MK 50 looks horrible next to this. Sorry.

Don't be. It's true 😄

I always liked the earlier suits much, much more so I'm definitely bias. A lot of people share the same feeling.

Mark 7 looks glorious in every picture and video I've seen so far. Makes me kinda glad they held off on making it until this far into the diecast line. They had time and practice to really refine things

Mark 50 lookin' like an SH Figuarts. Almost any other diecast comparison would be fair, the 50 with those thighs just isn't gonna stand up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad I sold the 50 when I did and picked up another PO for a second Mark 7.
Had a feeling they would kill it with this guy, and they absolutely did!

Iron Man always looked so much better as a more suit of armor look than the
organic looking "alien tech" of the 45 and 50. That pic really shows the difference well.

Thanks for the comparison pic. Now I see that horrible thigh gap everybody talks about on the MK 50. It?s really bad...

I appreciate how everything is in correct scale now. The height of the 50 and 7 are exactly the same. Really hoping we get an updated Mark II and III later down the line. Probably wont happen for a while though.

Oh God, I hope this doesn't ship around Christmas time...I've only had terrible experiences with USPS during the December time frame. I would hate for the incompetent USPS to lose this $400+ figure!

I'm totally fine receiving this in January just to avoid any potential scares/headaches.

Sideshow allows you to put a "shipping hold" on your account (up to 30 days max I believe). You just notify them when you're ready and they will ship it out the next day after the hold is removed. This is an option for you if they start shipping out around Xmas time lol.

I think that the organic look of the Iron Man suit can definately work...look at the Mark 46/47 or the Mark 85. Still organic but I think most find it aesthetically pleasing and still very much Iron Man.

The 50 (and 45 to a degree) has too much of an alien look to it. It?s organic but I think mostly that it looks too alien [emoji451], and really distances itself from the traditional look we all know of Iron Man.

Listen I?m all for the more robotic, chunky, industrial Iron Man...but the 46/47 and 85 shows you can still do an organic well with Iron Man.

Sharing these photos again because they're the best I've seen on the figure. :clap

Photos by Gor Ng.

72919603_10156620167733483_8582207954424430592_n.jpg

This looks great, but between the price and size I just can't get into this larger scale. Was thinking of selling both my original MK7's (reg & BD) to get this, but displaying this new DC MK7 alongside the Avengers Thor & Cap will make them look like teenagers...

I think that the organic look of the Iron Man suit can definately work...look at the Mark 46/47 or the Mark 85. Still organic but I think most find it aesthetically pleasing and still very much Iron Man.

The 50 (and 45 to a degree) has too much of an alien look to it. It?s organic but I think mostly that it looks too alien [emoji451], and really distances itself from the traditional look we all know of Iron Man.

Listen I?m all for the more robotic, chunky, industrial Iron Man...but the 46/47 and 85 shows you can still do an organic well with Iron Man.

Nobody's saying you can't. Most of the issues with the 50 isn't aren't with original design, it's the execution of the actual figure (I.e. the thigh gap).

Yeah the 45 was really ahead of its time. Even though it lacks the extra arc reactors, I think it looks far more organic and advanced when compared to the 46/47.

I still love the HT Mk 45... can't say I love the very CGI version in the actual movie much. But the figure is excellent looking, and the design is awesome.

Yeah the CGI was terrible honestly. I too love the design however. The designer Phil Saunders said he wanted it to be like a "wearable Ferrari" and I think he mentioned the 45 is still his favorite looking armor. I just wish the helmet was slightly larger on the figure... it seems a bit too narrow when placed next to my other diecast Marks. Still a keeper though!

48464081761_efdbe856db_c (1).jpg

Edit: It makes me sad that we don't get these awesome bases and accessories anymore.

Doesn't do anything for me, never has. The helmet is especially one of my least favorite looks too. I feel like it was dropped into AOU just to squeeze another armor design in there. I much prefer the 43.

This looks great, but between the price and size I just can't get into this larger scale. Was thinking of selling both my original MK7's (reg & BD) to get this, but displaying this new DC MK7 alongside the Avengers Thor & Cap will make them look like teenagers...

I actually felt the opposite as far as replacing my regular Mark VII with the Die-cast. I prefer the heft of the Die-cast as it reminds you that it's a man in a suit of armor standing next to Cap and Thor. The height can be masked a bit by placement, so I'm looking forward to how it looks. I'll take before and after with the other five Avenger movie figures and share.

The 45 figures, both 1/6 and 1/4 scale, are much better looking than the actual CGI suit imho. I remember that 1/6 scale 45 really being a break through in terms of diecast IM figures for various design reasons.

But I do prefer the 43 as well. Love that industrial look. I got that as well as the MK III for a steal and still love those two.

I feel like the 45 and 46 debate for me is exactly like the 50 and 85. They are similar suits sorta....but the 46 and 85 look more Iron Man than 45 and 50.

48dbde56c999e6eca45e6ba15a31b34d.jpg

5173aa749f93a4f99bc5a5a6a9d1ae9a.jpg

EDIT:

I agree about the extras. Loved the base that came with the 43 and 45 as well as the Ultrons. They?ve been well incorporated into my display.

Back