1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI - Shipping for my War Machine Mark IV was "only" $24, so this should be about the same.

Do you have to pay tax yet?

EDIT: Just joined the WAITLIST for the little blue holo... for what its worth. If low stock shows up on the regular I might just grab that while I can and drop the waitlist.

$500 Iron Man :slap

Last edited:
Do you have to pay tax yet?

EDIT: Just joined the WAITLIST for the little blue holo... for what its worth. If low stock shows up on the regular I might just grab that while I can and drop the waitlist.

$500 Iron Man :slap

No, no tax hit for me yet.

Will Sideshow send out a low stock warning, or will you be monitoring the listing on a daily basis?

And what's this about a $500 Iron Man? It'll only be around $450. You know, the same total that would have bought three original Mark 3 figures back in the day. lol

I ordered it about 45 minutes ago. :lol

The ball's in your court! Oh wait, I see it just went to Wait List status. :D

My heart dropped when I read this... I?ve been saving rewards for this Iron Man. I felt much better once I read that you were kidding...
You, Wor-Gar, and the influx of in-hand footage convinced me to get my PO in now. Preordered using my $39 in rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart dropped when I read this... I?ve been saving rewards for this Iron Man. I felt much better once I read that you were kidding...
You, Wor-Gar, and the influx of in-hand footage convinced me to get my PO in now. Preordered using my $39 in rewards.

Sorry for the undue stress, but I did make sure to say I was kidding in the same post - otherwise I no doubt would have gotten plenty of flak! lol

I think you're wise to order now. If this sells out, waiting for an extra $10-$20 in reward points will seem pretty silly. Yes, I'm looking at you Wor-Gar!

No, no tax hit for me yet.

Will Sideshow send out a low stock warning, or will you be monitoring the listing on a daily basis?

And what?s this about a $500 Iron Man? It?ll only be around $450. You know, the same total that would have bought three original Mark 3 figures back in the day. lol

Yep i bought the Avengers MK6 for $180 and thought i shoulod have my head examined for spending that much :lol

Photo by Gor Ng.
74381934_10156620166763483_2863007289499975680_n.jpg

This. This photo should convince anyone who's on the fence. Goodness gracious I can't handle how clean this picture and pose is. The Mark 7 is 100% centerpiece material.

This. This photo should convince anyone who's on the fence. Goodness gracious I can't handle how clean this picture and pose is. The Mark 7 is 100% centerpiece material.

Until the die cast mark 1. That is one I wont be able to pass up even though itll be over $500.

That photo & pose by Gor Ng is amazing. Definitely stealing that pose. 100% agree this is a total center piece for any collection. Hurry up shipments...I need this now

It's somewhere between 450-500 quid to import these things into the UK from SSC (depending on what DHL decide to charge you in duty fees). So for this guy and WM Mk IV (for example), you could be looking at a cool grand (or $1250 as of today's exchange rate).

Here is the 1/4 scale statue I was referring to, that that pose above is based on, just for fun.

EDIT: wow the forum seems to have ruined the quality of it. Oh well

68596abd9596f65394fb4c8863751fa5.jpg

Well, I never get my figures double boxed from Sideshow, but I guess this guy will need to be an exception....

shipper.JPG

Photo was taken from the recently uploaded chinese review here:

Based on this comparison photo that was posted yesterday, I'm pretty sure the pod conversion addition is the reason the knee area is disproportionately longer vs. that of the old Mark VII. I mean, it's not like the old knee joint lacked in flexibility.

I also saw these comparison pics with the plastic version from upfront but I realized they were not reliable because the plastic one is slightly turned to the left, forming a slight angle as supposed to the diecast one facing straight forward.

After seeing the in-hand footage, I'm pretty sure there isn't actually an issue.

Well, I never get my figures double boxed from Sideshow, but I guess this guy will need to be an exception....

[...]

Sideshow doesn't offer double-boxing for diecast Iron Man figures. Apparently, in addition to charging you an extra USD$10.00 for cheap cardboard on top of their exorbitant shipping charges, they only have one kind of box and it doesn't fit diecast releases. :slap

I’ve wanted an Ironman since I started my collection but specifically MKVII and missed the boat on the original. Been tempted by numerous others along the way but always resisted and held hope for this. I’m glad I did - it looks superb!

Sideshow doesn't offer double-boxing for diecast Iron Man figures. Apparently, in addition to charging you an extra USD$10.00 for cheap cardboard on top of their exorbitant shipping charges, they only have one kind of box and it doesn't fit diecast releases. :slap

Yikes! That's really disappointing. I have several of these on pre-order so maybe I'll try asking if they can put them all together into a single large box if possible. I doubt it'll fly though. Let's see.

I just wonder how many repaints of this figure there will be. Anyone want to guess the over/under?

I just wonder how many repaints of this figure there will be. Anyone want to guess the over/under?

My guess? Barely any. Hot Toys is already filling out their release schedule up to 2022, and the battle damaged 85 is releasing in 2 years. I don't see them announcing new IM figures that'll release before then, with the exception of short notice figures, like neon techs, and ones that could potentially release "soon" have already been shown (neon tech War Machine). I don't expect them to make many iterations of it so it doesn't take away from other sales, so it'll be a long while until one is ever announced. Coupled with the fact that this is a diecast. Hot Toys' track record with the 7 aside, this is a new model during a different period of Hot Toys. They have much less "free time" in the schedule to release noncanon figures. Their schedule is totally bloated right now so I just don't see it happening.

Back