Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Buck body that comes with the Sideshow Hellboy figure is not much of an improvement.

I'm leaving my Hellboy figure the way it is right now. Currently he has no rubber damage since I never really posed him all that much over the years. My son's Hellboy is another matter. His rubber body was ripped at both elbows as well as some tearing underneath his arm pits. We decided to swap his out with this muscular TrueType he recently purchase on eBay:

View attachment 451194

When we receive it, we will dye the upper portion (neck and chest) of the body red. The rest of the body will be covered by Hellboy's black shirt from the Sideshow figure and the trenchcoat from the Hot Toys figure. He might later on buy the B.P.R.D. shirt that comes with the new Hellboy release when it becomes available. After I see his results, I might follow suit. I hate having a figure in my collection that I'm afraid to pose for fear of damage. Especially one as cool as Hellboy.
What are you going to do about the tail?

No GdT, no Perlman, no interest.

This is such a cool figure! Your a purist in spite of yourself lol

I’m such a huge hellboy fan, comics really; so any representation of hellboy that looks this good I’m all over.

But I’m with you there, I haven’t seen the movie and to be honest, judging by the clips I’ve seen on YouTube, it doesn’t look to good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you going to do about the tail?

I think I'm gonna drill a hole and glue it into place. After I get the figure in the mail, I'll mull over my options.

But that might be something I'll tackle a bit down the road... his tail is pretty much optional. It's fairly hidden under his trench coat

I think I'm gonna drill a hole and glue it into place. After I get the figure in the mail, I'll mull over my options.

But that might be something I'll tackle a bit down the road... his tail is pretty much optional. It's fairly hidden under his trench coat
Dremel and a dab of hot glue and you're good to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How hard is it to dye a body? That actually sounds like a good idea. I wonder if the Right Hand of Doom is easily detachable. Maybe the forearm part is just held in place by the hand.

How hard is it to dye a body? That actually sounds like a good idea. I wonder if the Right Hand of Doom is easily detachable. Maybe the forearm part is just held in place by the hand.
I've seen people use the red rid dye. And you're correct the forearm is held in by the RHoD. It's just a longer wrist peg.

Hellboy is getting a netflix series. This should have been the plan to begin with.
Not yet. Maybe with a successful BPRD they'll give hellboy another shot.
dbf2b25ccb1e53c28c3871467635bb26.jpg

So I tried watching this last night and couldn't even finish it. Nonsensical with obnoxious characters, especially Hellboy himself. I felt like I was watching a made for TV Sci fi Channel movie. I had assumed the reviews were exaggerated but unfortunately not.

It's a shame, because this is such a good looking figure otherwise.

So I tried watching this last night and couldn't even finish it. Nonsensical with obnoxious characters, especially Hellboy himself. I felt like I was watching a made for TV Sci fi Channel movie. I had assumed the reviews were exaggerated but unfortunately not.

It's a shame, because this is such a good looking figure otherwise.
I haven't given it a second viewing but i liked some bits that remeber had Hellboy acting like his comic self and then it just completely falls of the rails later. Sad cause Hellboy is one my favorite comic characters outside of DC and Marvel.

Just saw this and really enjoyed it. I'm not gonna say it was amazing or anything but damn. The writing was a little all over the place and seemed rather unfocused, but still well done. It felt like there were parts missing/cut out. Like Daniel Dae Kim's character, what the hell was that that attacked him and exactly what was he supposed to be. Then of course the Alice character was just kinda there. I really enjoyed Harbour's hellboy though and will def get this figure when it comes out, if it comes out.

Just saw this and really enjoyed it. I'm not gonna say it was amazing or anything but damn. The writing was a little all over the place and seemed rather unfocused, but still well done. It felt like there were parts missing/cut out. Like Daniel Dae Kim's character, what the hell was that that attacked him and exactly what was he supposed to be. Then of course the Alice character was just kinda there. I really enjoyed Harbour's hellboy though and will def get this figure when it comes out, if it comes out.

I liked it, but I think they tried to cram too much into one film. It felt like a run through of Hellboy's greatest hits. lol

Ian McShane's on the nose exposition near the beginning gets the film off to a bad start - telling Hellboy what he already knows just so the audience knows what's happening. Later there are a few lines of dialogue that seem misplaced, but overall I thought it was a commendable Hellboy movie with its roots in the comics. There was a moment, when Hellboy jumps from the bridge, that looks like an image straight from the comics.

I liked Alice, though her appearance was somewhat changed, as I've liked Sasha Lane since seeing her in American Honey.

The creature that attacked Ben Daimio was a jaguar spirit, which eventually turned him into a were-jaguar. Like so much of the film, it comes from the comics but there's too little time to expand on everything - because they tried to do too much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Daimio

^ Interesting read, well they def underplayed his character in the movie. At first i thought he was just there to be the " A-hole " of the film, but they did have him and hellboy sort of bond near the end of the film. It's true it did feel rushed, like they didn't have time to let things progress naturally. Still i don't think this deserves the hate it gets. It's a shame it now will just die and we get no more hellboy probably after this. They even teased Abe Sapien at the end too!

^ Interesting read, well they def underplayed his character in the movie. At first i thought he was just there to be the " A-hole " of the film, but they did have him and hellboy sort of bond near the end of the film. It's true it did feel rushed, like they didn't have time to let things progress naturally. Still i don't think this deserves the hate it gets. It's a shame it now will just die and we get no more hellboy probably after this. They even teased Abe Sapien at the end too!

The more I watch it the more I like it. There's just so much of the comic represented that it feels like a succession of Easter eggs. They could have made two films out of this material, and developed the characters more in the process. But I get the sense that the film makers knew this was their only chance, and that they just wanted to get as much story filmed while they had the chance.

The way things panned out we were lucky to get a HT Hellboy. HT rarely go deep with these sorts of films, but I'd have liked more characters - an Alice and a Ben. A hairy Gruagach would've been fun.

Getting a modernized update to the Perlman Hellboy is never going to happen. I'll admit, I haven't seen this yet. But I do very much like the look of this figure and the do for satisfying the desire to have him in the collection.

^ IMO i think Harbour's hellboy looked a lot better than pearlman's, a lot facial expression. Pearlman's just looked like pearlman in red face. Harbour is also taller which made him look more menacing too. Can't wait to have this figure. On a side note i also really liked the baba yaga scene, was pretty cool.

The hair being down ruins it.
Though the design is based on more realistic demon look (at least that's what the creative team said in a video) I agree he would have looked better with his traditional hairstyle. They probably should have done that look first and when he see's his future as the beast of the apocalypse his hair is loose and long.

Yeah, I really tried but I just do not like the face design. The problem is they keep basing Hellboy's skull and jaw structure around a human's when they shouldn't. Something like this would be awesome in live action, closer to the original Mignola design.

GregStaples.jpg

Back