Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Del Toro had nothing to do with it...he could not come to terms with the Producers so he walked...not sure that that would set the stage for him "consulting" on this one. Ron Perlman also refused to play Hellboy out of loyalty to the non-consultant Del Toro.
Yeah I believe the film was going to be a sequal to Hellboy 2 but without Del Toro as director. Ron said no if Del Toro wasn't the director or involved so we are here. I would definitely have liked for them to have finished their Hellboy films before a reboot. Or even it would work better if they Made this a Netflix series with David and just do short stories. I would have loved to see the wolves of saint august, or others even main arcs like Wake the Devil, could be done. But we got what we got and I'm glad we got it at least something is better then nothing.

Del Toro launched a retweet for talking to the execs and reached 666,666 retweets and a few weeks later only posted that it's not going to happen after he talked to them. He wanted more money to put into the film than they wanted to shell out. They saw there was interest and that's where the 50m harbour was born.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seen the flick last night. I am not a horror or slasher movie fan, so other than that, i really liked it! Lol there were a couple beautiful, epic looking scenes. If they do another, tone some of the violence just a smidge i think it could be great. Anyways, love harbour. Love perlman. Ron not rhea ;) im totally getting this figure.

Yeah I believe the film was going to be a sequal to Hellboy 2 but without Del Toro as director. Ron said no if Del Toro wasn't the director or involved so we are here. I would definitely have liked for them to have finished their Hellboy films before a reboot. Or even it would work better if they Made this a Netflix series with David and just do short stories. I would have loved to see the wolves of saint august, or others even main arcs like Wake the Devil, could be done. But we got what we got and I'm glad we got it at least something is better then nothing.

I've thought this from the beginning, Hellboy is much more suited for an investigative horror X-Files type series. They keep trying to make the movies big, grand adventures which I don't think fits Hellboy at all.

This figure is so damn good looking though, I think it would work for a general 1/6 representation of Hellboy in my collection. Hoping someone will eventually make a comic style sculpt like this one:

Hellboy (2).jpg

I've thought this from the beginning, Hellboy is much more suited for an investigative horror X-Files type series. They keep trying to make the movies big, grand adventures which I don't think fits Hellboy at all.

This figure is so damn good looking though, I think it would work for a general 1/6 representation of Hellboy in my collection. Hoping someone will eventually make a comic style sculpt like this one:

View attachment 451038
Agreed that is actually pretty damn good. Lol i would be glad if we got a comic style figure in 1/6th that would be great. Hell if they did injustice 2 Hellboy i would get that bit switch parts out.

What a night last night.... It all started innocently enough with debating on whether to pre-order this guy or not. Which lead me to pull out my coveted 2008 Hot Toys Hellboy that has been left untouched in an acrylic case for several years. I've only taken him out previously to check the structural integrity of his red knees and pants for cracking. He always passed with flying colors... until last night.

When checking his left knee I noticed it had more "give" than the right. I decided to investigate. I pulled off his pants, which seemed to still be in near mint condition, and used my father's magnifying goggles to look at both of the knee joints. Using these I noticed that BOTH knees were torn, the left more than the right, on the disc that rotates the bottom joint. I've read over the years that people have had to change out this joint and I had two compatible knee joints set aside if this day was ever to come. After both of the new knee joints were snapped into place and I was ready to reassemble my now "custom" Hellboy figure.

While pulling up his pants, I noticed that the act of handling the pants to simply pull off and pull them back on had caused them to crack severely around the crotch and ankles. Again.. another widely reported problem with the figure started happening to my figure. And again, I was prepared for this. I had on hand a spare Sideshow Hellboy pair of pants that I thought I'd might need some day and that day had finally come.

When reattaching his gun rig, the strap that goes around his leg started to disintegrate. That too now needs to be replaced.

My son came home and saw what I was doing. It filled him with a great sense of dread since he too owns a Hot Toys Hellboy. Needless to say, the rest of the evening was filled with the two of us repairing our respective figures and contemplating on placing a pre-order for the new one. His figure had the same exact damage... along with more severe damage with rubber tears at the elbow and arm pit. Since mine has been posed in a COMPLETELY neutral position, the rubber on my figure has remained in tact.

The evening came to an end when after I brushed my teeth, I opened the bathroom to find my son standing outside holding his Hot Toys Abe Sapien figure sporting a dangling right knee.

Last edited:
What a night last night.... It all started innocently enough with debating on whether to pre-order this guy or not. Which lead me to pull out my coveted 2008 Hot Toys Hellboy that has been left untouched in an acrylic case for several years. I've only taken him out previously to check the structural integrity of his red knees and pants for cracking. He always passed with flying colors... until last night.

When checking his left knee I noticed it had more "give" than the right. I decided to investigate. I pulled off his pants, which seemed to still be in near mint condition, and used my father's magnifying goggles to look at both of the knee joints. Using these I noticed that BOTH knees were torn, the left more than the right, on the disc that rotates the bottom joint. I've read over the years that people have had to change out this joint and I had two compatible knee joints set aside if this day was ever to come. After both of the new knee joints were snapped into place and I was ready to reassemble my now "custom" Hellboy figure.

While pulling up his pants, I noticed that the act of handling the pants to simply pull off and pull them back on had caused them to crack severely around the crotch and ankles. Again.. another widely reported problem with the figure started happening to my figure. And again, I was prepared for this. I had on hand a spare Sideshow Hellboy pair of pants that I thought I'd might need some day and that day had finally come.

When reattaching his gun rig, the strap that goes around his leg started to disintegrate. That too now needs to be replaced.

My son came home and saw what I was doing. It filled him with a great sense of dread since he too owns a Hot Toys Hellboy. Needless to say, the rest of the evening was filling with the two of us repairing our respective figures and contemplating on placing a pre-order for the new one. His figure had the same exact damage... along with more severe damage with rubber tears at the elbow and arm pit. Since mine has been posed in a COMPLETELY neutral position, the rubber on my figure has remained in tact.

The evening came to an end when after I brushed my teeth, I opened the bathroom to find my son standing outside holding his Hot Toys Abe Sapien figure sporting a dangling right knee.
That has to be the worst thing that can happen. I believe that hot toys rubber bodies back in 2008 weren't very durable I'm at least hoping it's better with this one and will hold up no matter the pose. But i believe it's a wait and see situation at least the clothing on the new figure are material and not pleather.

A B.P.R.D. series could be awesome.

Yeah that rubber body on the old Hot Toys Hellboy is complete garbage.

Even when he was new, his articulation was EXTREMELY limited. That's why I never really posed him beyond the way he came right out of the box.

Hot Toys has done quite a few rubber figures since that first Hellboy. They must have learned from past mistakes... right?

Now I'm scared to take out my Abe Sapien.

Is ignorance truly bliss?

The new rubber body looks excellent, but I'd much rather have jointed arms and shoulders. He would be wearing his coat at all times anyway
Agreed with both points. Though my worry is you can feel the damage when moving the body. Only way to salvage it is if the torso and legs are seprate pieces so you can switch out the upper body if needed.

Great looking figure. Movie was disappointing. Not unwatchable, but definitely seems cheaply made, which is distracting. Also, there is just too much exposition, and people explaining things.
The only thing I wish is that HT had taken some artistic license with his hand; NOT the right hand of doom, but his left hand.
With ALL the Hellboy movies, even though the actors look great in their muscle suits and face makeup, their left hand is never more than painted red, which makes it look tiny compared to the rest of the character. Because of that, the left hand of this figure also looks absolutely tiny.

Great looking figure. Movie was disappointing. Not unwatchable, but definitely seems cheaply made, which is distracting. Also, there is just too much exposition, and people explaining things.
The only thing I wish is that HT had taken some artistic license with his hand; NOT the right hand of doom, but his left hand.
With ALL the Hellboy movies, even though the actors look great in their muscle suits and face makeup, their left hand is never more than painted red, which makes it look tiny compared to the rest of the character. Because of that, the left hand of this figure also looks absolutely tiny.
That doesn't make much sense It's just a regular hand. You want him to have giants hands. Lol it's fine really, it has more to do with the size they went for the RHOD which is more closer to the books (except for the style). When you look at the other images of him with the coat their is a difference and it's not uneven. They did however just paintbthe hands red and didn't put small details like the darker red on the nails and i believe a few small scars.

Yeah that rubber body on the old Hot Toys Hellboy is complete garbage.

Even when he was new, his articulation was EXTREMELY limited. That's why I never really posed him beyond the way he came right out of the box.

Hot Toys has done quite a few rubber figures since that first Hellboy. They must have learned from past mistakes... right?

Now I'm scared to take out my Abe Sapien.

Is ignorance truly bliss?

Has anyone tried starting with the Sideshow Hellboy body and replacing select parts with Hot Toys or Artoys? You'd have to leave the black shirt on to cover the inferior body, but it ought to be more durable, no?

I'm curious if the tank top underneath will have Velcro fasteners on the side to make it easier to take on and off, sorta like two sided bib. I feel like it'd be a bit of a PITA to try to slink a shirt onto a seamless like that.

Has anyone tried starting with the Sideshow Hellboy body and replacing select parts with Hot Toys or Artoys? You'd have to leave the black shirt on to cover the inferior body, but it ought to be more durable, no?

The Buck body that comes with the Sideshow Hellboy figure is not much of an improvement.

I'm leaving my Hellboy figure the way it is right now. Currently he has no rubber damage since I never really posed him all that much over the years. My son's Hellboy is another matter. His rubber body was ripped at both elbows as well as some tearing underneath his arm pits. We decided to swap his out with this muscular TrueType he recently purchase on eBay:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

When we receive it, we will dye the upper portion (neck and chest) of the body red. The rest of the body will be covered by Hellboy's black shirt from the Sideshow figure and the trenchcoat from the Hot Toys figure. He might later on buy the B.P.R.D. shirt that comes with the new Hellboy release when it becomes available. After I see his results, I might follow suit. I hate having a figure in my collection that I'm afraid to pose for fear of damage. Especially one as cool as Hellboy.

Back