Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie is ****ing terrible, but I'm still getting this. It's a shame this is probably it, though. I'd have loved a Lobster Johnson somewhere down the track.

Might be HC's preference, or they just believe collectors will flock to the figure despite the movie's performance/reviews. It isn't always about box office - it's more about whether they believe there's a market for the collectible. And while there's sometimes correlation between the two, they're not inexorably linked. Some movies do really well and just don't land with collectors, and vice versa.
Suicide Squad is a perfect example of of HTs success with a similar model.

Here are the images from J.C. Hongs instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwaGjv5goOC/

56407603_306656373336456_4579824945867164728_n.jpg
57430357_336054767108450_9151437180719617092_n.jpg
56890517_311046949592768_1316656063472917023_n.jpg
56301932_419652562198426_8213233719957095523_n.jpg

wish the horned headsculpt would atleast have a anger expresion.Both heads look exact same just one with and without horns.Kinda lazy on hot toys behalf.

Yep, just the 1 head. There's a pic on Facebook from secret base that shows the horns laying at his feet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Suicide Squad is a perfect example of of HTs success with a similar model.

Very different model...Suicide Squad was a terrible movie that made a lot of money...Blade Runner is a great movie that made no money...usually not much of a market for terrible movie that makes no money as in the case of Hellboy. The difference is probably that Hellboy is an established character with a strong following. Hot Toys must figure that while Hellboy's strong following will not follow him to a bad movie they will probably be willing to follow him to a great figure. Had the movie come out with the same trash reviews and trash box office but been based on an original or lesser known character I cannot see how it would have ever been made.

Wow, perhaps HT is gobbling up these other licenses as competition killers to other companies. I said this one wouldn't happen, good to be wrong. Congrats to everyone who wanted it. Between Alita and Hellboy, it kind of refreshing to get different licenses under the HT brand.

Very different model...Suicide Squad was a terrible movie that made a lot of money...Blade Runner is a great movie that made no money...usually not much of a market for terrible movie that makes no money as in the case of Hellboy. The difference is probably that Hellboy is an established character with a strong following. Hot Toys must figure that while Hellboy's strong following will not follow him to a bad movie they will probably be willing to follow him to a great figure. Had the movie come out with the same trash reviews and trash box office but been based on an original or lesser known character I cannot see how it would have ever been made.
That was probably the case with this. I'm glad they released him as i was going to accept it wasn't going to be made. Definitely one of my most wanted figures and not to mention it just looks amazing I'm hoping it sells well enough for them to do other characters mainly Lobster Johnson.

My guess as to why this is coming even though the film is a bomb is they must have been deep in development already. Hellboy is probably also popular enough on his own that this might sell in spite of the film.

Hot Toys announcing to release a figure before showing any prototype is one thing. That figure actually seeing the light of day is something else entirely. I’m really stoked this got made and I hope to sells well too. It’s always awesome whenever we get a non-marvel/DC/Star Wars figure from Hot Toys and wish it was a more common thing.

My guess as to why this is coming even though the film is a bomb is they must have been deep in development already. Hellboy is probably also popular enough on his own that this might sell in spite of the film.

Judging by the incredibly positive reaction so far, I'd say they made the right call. I'm sure they could tell they had a really kickass looking figure that people would want to own regardless of how good the movie was, and that it was worth making an exception for.

Regardless to whether the movie is bad i still want this figure. Looks great. Just wish it was a little cheaper, he doesn't come with much so i assume the license is pricey.

Judging by the incredibly positive reaction so far, I'd say they made the right call. I'm sure they could tell they had a really kickass looking figure that people would want to own regardless of how good the movie was, and that it was worth making an exception for.
Yeah, it’s a good looking figure. I’m just betting since they developed this new seamless body and already have the license it probably made sense to move forward with it in spite of the movie. Heck even I’d consider it just because it does look cool.

Back