1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Endgame Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea how this figure has not been opened up for pre-order after so long???

I think its because they want to maximize sales of IW Thor, which is getting re-released any day now. They want to maximize sales since they are delaying things to just do another production run. If by early 2020 you haven't seen a pre-order, then I would start getting concerned they won't release it.

I think its because they want to maximize sales of IW Thor, which is getting re-released any day now. They want to maximize sales since they are delaying things to just do another production run. If by early 2020 you haven't seen a pre-order, then I would start getting concerned they won't release it.

Yeah the IW sales might be a small part of the reason but I would bet that it mostly has to do with the MCU/Disney secrecy surrounding the ?Big Thorbowski? before Endgame was released. Apparently if you take a look a the ?lower end? EG Thor merchandise, most companies are playing catch-up with their respective items. It has also been suggested to me that MCU/Disney made sure not to provide licensors with any advance concept materials in order to keep the character change a secret.

I was so confident that we would get an EG Thor release that I put a brand new Mk. L on the line and while my complete confidence has bounced up and down, I am just as confident in the PO today as I was back in May. Yeah the teaser shot boosted it up a couple notches after months of seeing nothing then back down when he was a no show at SDCC/ACGHK. However, my tempered expectations are gone again after hearing that most (if not all) companies with plans to merchandise this version were/are late to the party because they were not getting any advance materials prior to the release of Endgame.

Could he be shown at NYCC in a few weeks, possibly. But if he is missing from the show, I am not going to feel devastated and pulling out a MISB Mk. L in preparation to ship to some lucky bastard. Yeah, NYCC makes the most sense from my standpoint (as well as many other collectors) but it will not feel like a nail in the coffin if he is still undergoing prototype adjustments. I think the most important as well as most difficult thing to get right will be the headsculpt (duh) and has undoubtedly been through more revisions than we will ever know.

Sorry for the rant but my stakes in this PO are high and I was just relieved to hear that MCU/Disney kept him a secret for as long as possible.

Yeah the IW sales might be a small part of the reason but I would bet that it mostly has to do with the MCU/Disney secrecy surrounding the ?Big Thorbowski? before Endgame was released. Apparently if you take a look a the ?lower end? EG Thor merchandise, most companies are playing catch-up with their respective items. It has also been suggested to me that MCU/Disney made sure not to provide licensors with any advance concept materials in order to keep the character change a secret.

I was so confident that we would get an EG Thor release that I put a brand new Mk. L on the line and while my complete confidence has bounced up and down, I am just as confident in the PO today as I was back in May. Yeah the teaser shot boosted it up a couple notches after months of seeing nothing then back down when he was a no show at SDCC/ACGHK. However, my tempered expectations are gone again after hearing that most (if not all) companies with plans to merchandise this version were/are late to the party because they were not getting any advance materials prior to the release of Endgame.

Could he be shown at NYCC in a few weeks, possibly. But if he is missing from the show, I am not going to feel devastated and pulling out a MISB Mk. L in preparation to ship to some lucky bastard. Yeah, NYCC makes the most sense from my standpoint (as well as many other collectors) but it will not feel like a nail in the coffin if he is still undergoing prototype adjustments. I think the most important as well as most difficult thing to get right will be the headsculpt (duh) and has undoubtedly been through more revisions than we will ever know.

Sorry for the rant but my stakes in this PO are high and I was just relieved to hear that MCU/Disney kept him a secret for as long as possible.

I'm rooting for ya...not because I am worried about your Mark L (although that would sting) but because I really want this version. I am highly confident he'll see PO before Thanksgiving...

There has a been a lot going on in Hong Kong with all the protests which i'm sure has at least a little to do with everything being slowed down

There has a been a lot going on in Hong Kong with all the protests which i'm sure has at least a little to do with everything being slowed down

They are not slowdown at all. Leia & Wicket, Jawa & power droid, Mysterio, SithTrooper, Pennywise were up on preorder this month alone.

EG Thor just have different priority, it seems. Or probably they still tinkering it.

I'm not too sure on this but, correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't the Hot Toys made in Mainland China? Hong Kong is just the storefront/stores, I don't know if manufacturing is there in Hong Kong.

I'm rooting for ya...not because I am worried about your Mark L (although that would sting) but because I really want this version. I am highly confident he'll see PO before Thanksgiving...

Still patiently waiting on his Mark L... :wave

:rotfl

I'm not too sure on this but, correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't the Hot Toys made in Mainland China? Hong Kong is just the storefront/stores, I don't know if manufacturing is there in Hong Kong.

all hot toys are Manufactured and painted in South Korea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s why I said they are manufactured & painted in South Korea [emoji2371]

That?s why I said they are manufactured & painted in South Korea [emoji2371]

Yes, and we were just reiterating a more nuanced point that they are made and manufactured in China, even if a little bit of the work is done in South Korea. In relevance to the topic and question at hand, they are effectively made in China, and not in HK.

Back