1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't usually dwell on the negative, but I really hope they correct the design on this release. I paid through the nose for the D23 release just to get it early, but had to take it out of the detolf because the shadow from the rubber overlay piece is so glaring, it really takes away from the figure. Let's make sure we get that petition started!!

For so long my favorite look for Captain America was his look from First Avenger, then Endgame came out and took that spot. Excited for this release! This will be my first Capt. [emoji847] (maybe..)

(Quick Q., Does the First Avenger HT Capt. still hold up? Seams make it look dated but not sure how noticeable seams were on actual suit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For so long my favorite look for Captain America was his look from First Avenger, then Endgame came out and took that spot. Excited for this release! This will be my first Capt. [emoji847] (maybe..)

(Quick Q., Does the First Avenger HT Capt. still hold up? Seams make it look dated but not sure how noticeable seams were on actual suit)

I sold mine a couple years ago but i thought it was still looked great even next to the newer versions (i have owned them all). Only issue i had was the height compared to newer figures. I do miss the actual fabric over the rubber stuff they are using now.

I sold mine a couple years ago but i thought it was still looked great even next to the newer versions (i have owned them all). Only issue i had was the height compared to newer figures. I do miss the actual fabric over the rubber stuff they are using now.

Did he end up shorter than the later releases? Lol also, another thing that I see, maybe you know since you?ve had one in hand in person but whenever I see someone post one for sale the suit always looks really light like it faded and a bit discolored :/ at least in comparison to promo shots, which I get it, their promo shots but still
a9f2a7726d47eb6aecdaf72cb6dc2a7b.jpg

fd1fa19f4535125299e2901d535d2e4a.jpg

Almost looks purple here...

I think he still holds up. Granted there isn't much to the sculpt except the nose/mouth/chin and eyes. But still solid.

The clothes on mine are still the right color--not purple. If anything, it could be slightly more greyed out IRL, but that could also be that they upped the saturation on the promo pictures to make the figure look more vibrant. I think the purple in the picture above could just be the lighting in the photo.

Of course the only really bad thing with the original Cap is the shield, which has the flaking paint.

Mine has held up. It's been in a deltof in an air-conditioned Midwest USA basement the whole time, FWIW, but there's been no fading of the uniform, OR chipping paint on the shield. The only thing that's happened is the glue on one of the leg holster straps let go, but that's an easy fix.

Sorry to disagree but taking into account the movie costume as well as the 1/6 figures I have a quite different list:

1. Easily CW BV Cap with regular CW Cap gritting teeth is my favorite. Only things that would make it perfect In my opinion would be a bit more dirty, extra sets or Velcro attached Avengers ?A?s.

2. Regardless of the inadequacies present on the HT?s TWS GA Cap, I have always preferred it to TFA Cap (even with peg extenders).

3. This was difficult to choose STRIKE Suit over my 4th pick but I guess the homage to Marvel Comics Steve Rogers beats out a WWII hodgepodge look In my opinion.

4. Rescue Cap was always a favorite of mine to the point that when it was released I had to buy 2. Something about Cap with firearms, a knife, ammo pouches, a ?pleather jacket?, helmets with goggles and even a scratched up heater shield just tickles my fancy! Plus, for a pre-MMS200 release, it seems to me much care was taken.

5. CW Cap regular mainly for the costume design the colors and the interchangeable faceplate as a first for a Cap figure.

6. The WWII Kitbash in Army uniform with unpainted shield is not only a great Cap but has become a permanent fixture on my display.

7. IW Cap Deluxe deserves to be here or highe In my opinion. Yeah the Wakandan shields look, feel and operate cheaply but standing with Corvis? glave really give it more presence.

8. Is difficult because stock the CA Cap isn?t that great but adding a ton a weapons, grenades, knives and an unmasked headsculpt really bring this one higher.

9. Placeholder for EG Cap as long as the delay=improvements, if it?s basically to D23 then it might slip lower.

10. Goes to TFA Cap with peg extensions. Also, I do appreciate the inclusion of weapons.

11. Is unfortunately the original Avengers 1 Cap because of the numerous issues discussed to death. Sure am hoping the EG version will be a worthy replacement!

12. Believe it or not, AoU Cap belongs here for me. Shield was cool but underused, costume colors were to bright for a film and pretty much everything on the CW versions were better imo.

13. And as much fun that was had with SSM Cap, it was just too goofy for my long term tastes.

Did he end up shorter than the later releases? Lol also, another thing that I see, maybe you know since you?ve had one in hand in person but whenever I see someone post one for sale the suit always looks really light like it faded and a bit discolored :/ at least in comparison to promo shots, which I get it, their promo shots but still
a9f2a7726d47eb6aecdaf72cb6dc2a7b.jpg

fd1fa19f4535125299e2901d535d2e4a.jpg

Almost looks purple here...

Get one in new/great condition add some peg extensions and you’ll be happy!

Sorry to disagree but taking into account the movie costume as well as the 1/6 figures I have a quite different list:

1. Easily CW BV Cap with regular CW Cap gritting teeth is my favorite. Only things that would make it perfect In my opinion would be a bit more dirty, extra sets or Velcro attached Avengers ?A?s.

2. Regardless of the inadequacies present on the HT?s TWS GA Cap, I have always preferred it to TFA Cap (even with peg extenders).

3. This was difficult to choose STRIKE Suit over my 4th pick but I guess the homage to Marvel Comics Steve Rogers beats out a WWII hodgepodge look In my opinion.

4. Rescue Cap was always a favorite of mine to the point that when it was released I had to buy 2. Something about Cap with firearms, a knife, ammo pouches, a ?pleather jacket?, helmets with goggles and even a scratched up heater shield just tickles my fancy! Plus, for a pre-MMS200 release, it seems to me much care was taken.

5. CW Cap regular mainly for the costume design the colors and the interchangeable faceplate as a first for a Cap figure.

6. The WWII Kitbash in Army uniform with unpainted shield is not only a great Cap but has become a permanent fixture on my display.

7. IW Cap Deluxe deserves to be here or highe In my opinion. Yeah the Wakandan shields look, feel and operate cheaply but standing with Corvis? glave really give it more presence.

8. Is difficult because stock the CA Cap isn?t that great but adding a ton a weapons, grenades, knives and an unmasked headsculpt really bring this one higher.

9. Placeholder for EG Cap as long as the delay=improvements, if it?s basically to D23 then it might slip lower.

10. Goes to TFA Cap with peg extensions. Also, I do appreciate the inclusion of weapons.

11. Is unfortunately the original Avengers 1 Cap because of the numerous issues discussed to death. Sure am hoping the EG version will be a worthy replacement!

12. Believe it or not, AoU Cap belongs here for me. Shield was cool but underused, costume colors were to bright for a film and pretty much everything on the CW versions were better imo.

13. And as much fun that was had with SSM Cap, it was just too goofy for my long term tastes.

Well at least we can agree on AoU Cap [emoji23][emoji23] also, yea, It did work in WinterSoldier & It started to get better w/ CW.. Idk his outfits just were never as good as they could of been imo. They were too focused on Iron Man suits ig Lol

The 2012 suit is weird but I figured out it?s because of the cloth part attached to his helmet that bulges out and doesn?t really cover his jaw area like traditionally seen. Looked great in EG w/o the helmet [emoji2369]

I always remembered in WS him getting his og suit from the museum but didn?t realized/forgot it was altered until I saw the HT Golden Age figure for the first time today! Don?t know why they didn?t have 3 red stripes from the get-go.. So yea GA is nice

For you guys adamant that making an endgame cap out of IW cap is the way to go and obsessing over details on the chest etc. I?m actually surprised you missed the fact completely that his pants are completely different in both movies. Seems to me it?s not worth nitpicking over the inaccuracies of hot toys figure meanwhile being satisfied with something that?s inaccurate from the waist down.

hoping there'll be improvements made, because the mark 85 was delayed from july to september and now there are improvements seen on final product

I'm sure HT will fix all the stuff that are being mentioned. Plus I've passed up all Cap figure and now I will finally own one (or two cause I also want the 2012 version) and that for me will be my definitive Captain America. This figure might turn out very good and I imagine once out he will sell quick.

watching all the d23 reviews making me wanna cancel my order :( I really wish they could have made the suit more like the concept art version. Everuthing is so perfect on that figure...

watching all the d23 reviews making me wanna cancel my order :( I really wish they could have made the suit more like the concept art version. Everuthing is so perfect on that figure...

That was awhile ago, we could get something more correct. I'm just waiting no need to be disappointed yet.

Steve himself once said: "Don't hold your breath" LOL

I'm sure HT will fix all the stuff that are being mentioned. Plus I've passed up all Cap figure and now I will finally own one (or two cause I also want the 2012 version) and that for me will be my definitive Captain America. This figure might turn out very good and I imagine once out he will sell quick.

Steve himself once said: "Don't hold your breath" LOL
True you shouldn't have expectations. But regardless I'm buying it because I want a Cap figure finally. And seeing the Thor EG promo images they clearly fixed some issues on the figure. So to me it's just wait and see the figure in hand before stating you won't buy it or complain.

Back