1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when the final product is seen.

I?m actually surprised we haven?t seen a ?battle damaged? much improved version yet.

I feel like a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when the final product is seen.

I?m actually surprised we haven?t seen a ?battle damaged? much improved version yet.

I also suspect this is coming. However, I bet HT will wait to announce until after the regular version comes out to maximize double dipping. I know they did this already with the IM Mark 85, but IM has a better chance of people buying both already. I see more people only wanting one version of Cap.

I might cancel mine if there’s no improvement. I want a good cap, and I want this to be it, but I’m not getting my hopes up

Yeah, I don't think any improvements are coming. When HT overhauls a figure post pre-order, they usually announce the revisions, which has not happened.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Not marvel?s finest hour for me either, particularly when you consider the good guys only won in one version of reality and lost in every other offshoot. I usually like dark films but it was a disappointing exit stage left for too many cool characters. BUT, that?s just my opinion, which means bupkis.

I don't think that's how it worked, what versions of reality did they lose in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's how it worked, what versions of reality did they lose in?

He's probably talking about Doctor Strange looking at 14 million outcomes with Avengers only winning one. But that's all in one reality. There was a 1 in 14 million chance of them winning. And they won.

He's probably talking about Doctor Strange looking at 14 million outcomes with Avengers only winning one. But that's all in one reality. There was a 1 in 14 million chance of them winning. And they won.

Yep that's what I was thinking as well. Made it sound like there were other realities that lost or something.

I might cancel mine if there’s no improvement. I want a good cap, and I want this to be it, but I’m not getting my hopes up

Im doing the same. If there aren't any improvements, ill just cancel and wait for the inevitable next release

Wouldn't be the first time improvements came out of nowhere. IIRC bvs batman was an absolute **** show until sold out when in hand pics released. So you know...
1fa55eaec8976d97486cb10a6711159c.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time improvements came out of nowhere. IIRC bvs batman was an absolute **** show until sold out when in hand pics released. So you know...
View attachment 493029
They actually advertised the improvements well before release, much like they did with the Hulkbuster and Gladiator Hulk updates.

They actually advertised the improvements well before release, much like they did with the Hulkbuster and Gladiator Hulk updates.

I dont recall that, but I'll take your word for it and come back with ASM 2 spidey. Also, looked horrible. Changed before release. Don't recall ever seeing anything but the initial proto photos.

View attachment 493029

Hot Toys is such a mixed bag when it comes to this. I have enough faith that improvements are possible so I pre-ordered, but I won't hesitate to cancel if it still doesn't look right. People like to bring this up like it's something they do all the time, but they're pretty hit or miss on what they improve or change

I dont recall that, but I'll take your word for it and come back with ASM 2 spidey. Also, looked horrible. Changed before release. Don't recall ever seeing anything but the initial proto photos.

Yeah the gladiator hulk was mostly about the head sculpt reveal, the unhelmeted head was blurred out initially. The main gripe (knees) was not addressed though.

Here was the press release:

Gladiator Hulk is Getting Amazing Visual Upgrades

Closer to the release of the highly anticipated Marvel blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok, Hot Toys is thrilled to share with you the 1/6th scale Gladiator Hulk is getting some amazing visual upgrades.

Striving to create true-to-movie collectible figures, Hot Toys has given the Gladiator Hulk additional armor details and significant costume upgrades to enhance movie-accuracy.

With all these visual upgrades and enhancement, this green giant will absolutely become the centerpiece in your Marvel collection!

Collectors...I am at a dilemma...I have the option of either pre-ordering this much wanted hot toys end game captain America.
I also can order the Endgame Thanos...not the pre-order battle damaged but the one that is out now...but not both.

I do not want to have this Captain America to sell out on me as if I order Thanos now...I will have to wait about 3 Months in order to pay off other figures I have on flex pay as well as payment installments on Thanos.

The cool thing is I will receive Endgame Thanos in about a week but of course this new Captain America will be quite a wait.

So what do I do? Buy Thanos and wait 3 Months and pre-order Captain America...taking a chance on captain America going out of stock...or pre-order Captain America endgame now and wait 3 Months and hope that Endgame Thanos is still up for sale? Thanks in advance. :cool:

Last edited:
This won't sell out immediately. Lot's of people already have good Captain America's, so I don't see this one going particularly fast.

Has anyone seen the One Day At Disney mini episode with Ryan Meinerding? Apologies if it?s already been discussed. He has a stack of Hot Toys on his desk ha ha!! Marvel + Disney + Hot Toys = Product placement money money money.

Artwork is nice though and you get to see him work on Cap art plus the Legacy suit up close. Wish it was more than 5 mins though.

I think this guy is the secret weapon/architect at Marvel.

6665e27bf5e092550867c20757dba058.jpg

Artwork is nice though and you get to see him work on Cap art plus the Legacy suit up close. Wish it was more than 5 mins though.

I think this guy is the secret weapon/architect at Marvel.

6665e27bf5e092550867c20757dba058.jpg

Both him and Andy Park are absolutely legends for their design work they've done for the MCU. I met Ryan back during SDCC. I have a great deal of his Cap art from various films signed and personalized. Here's us with the "divided we fall" civil war art.
37694365_10156632877392990_8918750197190754304_o.jpg

Both him and Andy Park are absolutely legends for their design work they've done for the MCU. I met Ryan back during SDCC.
View attachment 493153

Yes they are both legends. I have a ton of photos somewhere of their artwork from the Brisbane Marvel Exhibition from a few years ago, I will have to find them and post some.

Back