1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is it that rubbery material again or is that clothe material on the suit?

It looks to be mostly rubber with a few parts cloth. That rubbery material they used for the concept cap looks to have made its way onto this figure.

Before I picked up my CW Cap I was really concerned after seeing the Concept cap that was the direction they were headed in. Again this is just my personal taste
and opinion, but I prefer the cloth on CW as it looks more like a quality piece. Using rubber like they h ave been reminds me of a cheaper action figure versus and quality collectible. Other than that EG Cap looks nice. Just the materials they used aren't for me. Happy for those that like this. The more options the better.

It looks good but I’m not sure if I really need it to be honest the more I think about it. The Civil War battling version might be enough for a close to classic Cap for me. I’ll also have the Infinity War version to contrast it.

This figure will need a brand-new Steve Rogers headsculpt and dope accessories in order for me to even consider getting this. As it stand, I'm content with my cloth fabric version of CW Cap...not really interested in rubber Cap.

It looks to be mostly rubber with a few parts cloth. That rubbery material they used for the concept cap looks to have made its way onto this figure.

Before I picked up my CW Cap I was really concerned after seeing the Concept cap that was the direction they were headed in. Again this is just my personal taste
and opinion, but I prefer the cloth on CW as it looks more like a quality piece. Using rubber like they h ave been reminds me of a cheaper action figure versus and quality collectible. Other than that EG Cap looks nice. Just the materials they used aren't for me. Happy for those that like this. The more options the better.

I also prefer cloth because I think that it will last longer and can allow more articulation (depending on the tightness of the costume). I also do not worry too much about wrinkles on cloth costumes so it gives me more posing options.

It looks good but I’m not sure if I really need it to be honest the more I think about it. The Civil War battling version might be enough for a close to classic Cap for me. I’ll also have the Infinity War version to contrast it.

It sounds like we think alike! I also have the CW Battling version and may probably stick with it as my Classic Cap representation. Aside from the scales and materials used, I don't see too much difference between the EG and CW version. It's an added bonus for me that the CW battling version seems to be relatively hard to find.

I also have the IW version and I like that look. It also reminds me of Cap's entrance in the movie with the spear catching scene.

Are there any other older Hot Toys figures that have this similar rubber material? Can anyone attest to its durability?

And I’m talking about used as a suit in this manner. Not as molded pieces like on some HT figures like the Aliens.

Disappointing to see this as Hot Toys has a looong and tragic history with rubber (look back to the original AVP Aliens for that). Unfortunately it’s the one material they’ve struggled with.

pro..........to..........type.

The prottypes in some cases look better than the actual product (superb headsculpt painting), but the clothes can be a bit thrown together and are traveling a lot.)

I have seen displayed figures start looking a little worn fairly quickly. The quick glue doesnt hold up to getting hucked in and out of buckets a lot.

You can also see the small Avengers logo on the shoulder is sloppily glued and barely hanging on. This thing has been handled and moved around a lot. It’s getting some wear-and-tear.

I really wanted Cap from this movie, but the rubber suit will dissuade me from buying it.

56685602_2099058117058928_4340026562406514688_o.jpg

Personally, I like the Civil War regular and battling Caps over this guy.
Maybe a new Steve Rogers sculpt will persuade me?

At the moment, I’m kind of leaning that way as well. I’m not certain I actually like the scaled section over the fabric after all. I do like the BD shield though, as all my Cap shields are clean.

Not a fan of Ht doing making the material on this figure rubber. Are they saving $ that way? Why else would they do it.

I am leaning towards getting this as it will be the last cap, but i am just not sure if it looks better than my AoU cap. If it's worth it or not. Different enough. I mean other than being more blue, lately cap hasn't had much diversity in terms of his suit.

He really hasn’t. I have both AoU Cap (to go with the rest of my AoU Avengers group), and then regular CW Cap (paired with Mk 46). I’m a big Cap fan, so my heart wants to get this, but the pragmatic side of me is just not sure the scales alone warrant another purchase of what is essentially the same suit, or if I even like the scales over the fabric.

As I mentioned earlier, I think it’ll come down to how his character arc ends in EG, and what the final product of this figure looks like.

He really hasn’t. I have both AoU Cap (to go with the rest of my AoU Avengers group), and then regular CW Cap (paired with Mk 46). I’m a big Cap fan, so my heart wants to get this, but the pragmatic side of me is just not sure the scales alone warrant another purchase of what is essentially the same suit, or if I even like the scales over the fabric.

As I mentioned earlier, I think it’ll come down to how his character arc ends in EG, and what the final product of this figure looks like.

This figure needs a brand-new headsculpt and great accessories to even get me slightly interested in possibly buying this cause the ONLY difference between this suit and CW suit will be the rubber, glued-on scales.

Would any rationale person honestly spend upwards of $250 for that slight material/fabric change???

For the record, I also think that’s the regular CW Cap interchangeable face plate sculpt. The chin strap on that one is a bit darker of a brown, which is the same shade of the chin strap on this prototype.

I must be the minority with the material on the IW & Concept Cap & now this one. I actually like it. Gives it a more rugged battle worn suit and closer to the real material of the suit

This figure needs a brand-new headsculpt and great accessories to even get me slightly interested in possibly buying this cause the ONLY difference between this suit and CW suit will be the rubber, glued-on scales.

Would any rationale person honestly spend upwards of $250 for that slight material/fabric change???

I would if it meets the criteria I mentioned. :lol

But I still agree with what you’re saying. For me, a separate un-helmeted sculpt would be irrelevant because I wouldn’t use it anyway, but it would still be a bummer if they simply repaint any of the previous helmeted sculpts, including the CW interchangeable face plate sculpt.

For me to get it, he has to die in EG, and the final product has to just be a drop dead gorgeous figure.

Back