1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rubber material is so frustrating. The fabric looked fine and even more movie accurate on all the previous Caps. Why raise the texture when it’s not even raised in the movies?

Why is everyone convinced it’s rubber? Is that what they used on concept Cap?

I would have thought it was more of a vinyl or soft plastic like on Hulk...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is everyone convinced it’s rubber? Is that what they used on concept Cap?

I would have thought it was more of a vinyl or soft plastic like on Hulk...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is more like a vinyl. Not rubber. Think of a rip stop material but vinyl.

So now the question is if (maybe more when) we're getting a Strike Suit 2.0. I know all bets are off that trailer content can be faked, but they've prominently shown it in two promos now.

So now the question is if (maybe more when) we're getting a Strike Suit 2.0. I know all bets are off that trailer content can be faked, but they've prominently shown it in two promos now.

As much as I’ve been wanting them to re-release the Strike Suit since I saw its return in the first Endgame teaser, I’m positive they will be releasing the white team suits instead.

As much as I’ve been wanting them to re-release the Strike Suit since I saw its return in the first Endgame teaser, I’m positive they will be releasing the white team suits instead.
I am very curious as to how they'll handle the team suits. I had thought about three sorts of paths.

One: while everyone has them, there are some who get big moments while wearing them, so they'll get figures while others won't.

Two: they go the Praetorian guard route. Three figures each with multiple heads:

Buff body suit with Cap and Thor sculpts
Slim body suit with Tony, Hawkeye, and Scott sculpts
Female body suit with Natasha and Nebula sculpts

If all this goes well, then perhaps a two pack with Big Chungus War Machine and Rocket.

Three: all of the above are solo releases. I see this as most risky purely because of committing to a design that a lot of folks haven't responded all that well to. The upside of the head pack versions would be that you could entice people based on getting sculpts out of it. HT has to be aware of how popular the aftermarket for parted out figs is, so a product that capitalizes on that could be interesting.

I am very curious as to how they'll handle the team suits. I had thought about three sorts of paths.

One: while everyone has them, there are some who get big moments while wearing them, so they'll get figures while others won't.

Two: they go the Praetorian guard route. Three figures each with multiple heads:

Buff body suit with Cap and Thor sculpts
Slim body suit with Tony, Hawkeye, and Scott sculpts
Female body suit with Natasha and Nebula sculpts

If all this goes well, then perhaps a two pack with Big Chungus War Machine and Rocket.

Three: all of the above are solo releases. I see this as most risky purely because of committing to a design that a lot of folks haven't responded all that well to. The upside of the head pack versions would be that you could entice people based on getting sculpts out of it. HT has to be aware of how popular the aftermarket for parted out figs is, so a product that capitalizes on that could be interesting.

Would love it if they went this route. But knowing HT, they'll most likely go down Route #3, with each being a TF exclusive for the next 7 years or so haha

Really really hoping that smeared mud shield is not what we get. This last and final cap deserves a clean and pristine shield

56775874_414661932693775_4000068749347922558_n.jpg

Body looks a lot better in this pic. Looks damn good actually.

55855650_132097611240833_8203346747920974686_n.jpg

I hope they tweak the sculpt if this is Caps last figure. They never quite got it right.

capFace.jpg

They should give us at least 2 shields, one pristine clean and one dirty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I seem to be in the minority as far as liking the mud covered shield. I suppose that’s because all my other Caps already have clean shields, so I wouldn’t mind one that’s dirtied up a bit. Especially if I were to have both CW Cap and this one.

Really really hoping that smeared mud shield is not what we get. This last and final cap deserves a clean and pristine shield

View attachment 450231

Body looks a lot better in this pic. Looks damn good actually.

View attachment 450232

Really? I thought the mud and dirt actually set him apart for all the other pristine heroes. I like Cap dirty. He's the ultimate blue-collar hero after all.

I seem to be in the minority as far as liking the mud covered shield. I suppose that’s because all my other Caps already have clean shields, so I wouldn’t mind one that’s dirtied up a bit. Especially if I were to have both CW Cap and this one.
Some of it may be that this is the only Cap some would purchase. I don't mind the dirty shield but it doesn't really go with the clean uniform. I think it fits in more with the IW Cap instead of this one.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I personally still love the magnetic shield they used with the AOU Cap the best.

I get that the magnets were for what Steve had in Age of Ultron but I always thought it made the figure feel cheap in some weird way. I love the straps. Just always felt like classic Cap to me. Also, here’s a new fantastic pic :)

ac06323b88216bbf61c14d364bc7e651.jpg

Some of it may be that this is the only Cap some would purchase. I don't mind the dirty shield but it doesn't really go with the clean uniform. I think it fits in more with the IW Cap instead of this one.

No I get that. I’m just speaking from my perspective. I do concur though that the mud covered shield would go better with a slightly dirtied up outfit.

For some reason, I have a feeling that they’re going to recycle the CW sculpt with the interchangeable faceplates being that he made a gritted teeth expression again in that second trailer. Wouldn’t be surprised if HT uses that as reference again like they did with CW. I think that’s actually the sculpt they’re using on the prototype.

3C2E6FCA-FA51-416B-967D-4998DE7C0CA5.jpeg

Back