1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like her proportions, she doesn't look like a twig as other HT Widows do. That may be one positive trade-off to her being tiny. I just don't understand why this so often seems to be the way with Hot Toys. You want a fuller looking Black Widow? OK but we're going to make her Tinker Bell in the process. Sure we'll give you a better likeness for Captain America - you don't mind him having a micro-head, right? :lol :slap

Aaaaiiii...don't mind me. I'm having a moody day.

Careful there...some people might construe your comments as complaining! Oh, heavens no! :lol

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I've been checking out pictures of Scarlett specifically in scenes with Chris Evans as he's 6 feet tall and doesn't wear lifts, so (unlike Downey) his height doesn't fluctuate from movie to movie. Scarlett doesn't come anywhere near Evans' eye level. And consider that in both of these pics she would have been wearing boots with very big heels.

View attachment 511847
View attachment 511848
I mean she's too far back in the second photo to make a comparison. In the first photo her heeled boots must be an inch shorter than what she's wearing in this photo with Evans. We can split the difference and say the top of her head should be somewhere between his eyes and his mouth. But like RandomHero shows in this image of the figures, the top of her head doesn't even come up to his chin. I will say I don't think the Evan's head is pushed in all the way on that figure because Endgame Cap does not have that giraffe neck. But Widow would still be too short.

chris-evans-scarlett-johansson.jpg

View attachment 511866

So for what it's worth, I saw this picture over on Reddit last week and this is where I thought she looked undersized. Seeing these pictures from melkorjunior makes me think it's not as bad as I thought.

I just looked at my Civil War Widow compared to my Civil War Bucky and Ant-Man and she's a bit small next to them as well. She just looked crazy small next to Cap in that photo.

As ZE_501 pointed out, it's easy to forget Scarlett is a tiny person in real life too, so I guess it makes sense.

Wow man,you nailed it with these poses and photo!!!!

Amazing!!!!!
Yo Sapnbauer, you've been killing it with these pics lately man! :clap
Thanks, fellas!

No can do. She has those fixed boots and honestly her legs already look on the overly long side because of her big wedge heels. She can still look fine alongside others, though.

View attachment 511839

Man, killin' it with all your photos and you achieve such naturalistic poses that it just brings these figures to life :clap I really like how Gamora is wafting her hair. Also it's so cool seeing them together, since I have them both box'd up atm :lol

I mean she's too far back in the second photo to make a comparison. In the first photo her heeled boots must be an inch shorter than what she's wearing in this photo with Evans. We can split the difference and say the top of her head should be somewhere between his eyes and his mouth. But like RandomHero shows in this image of the figures, the top of her head doesn't even come up to his chin. I will say I don't think the Evan's head is pushed in all the way on that figure because Endgame Cap does not have that giraffe neck. But Widow would still be too short.

chris-evans-scarlett-johansson.jpg

Thanks, fellas!

Here's something I've been wondering about every time I look at my Mark 85 Iron Man: is it possible some Hot Toys male figures are oversized? Remember, Chris Evans is only six feet tall.

Well it's hard to say when Hot Toys can't stay consistent in scale generally. They're not alone in that though. I also collect NECA and their scale is all over the place both between and within lines.

Man, killin' it with all your photos and you achieve such naturalistic poses that it just brings these figures to life :clap I really like how Gamora is wafting her hair. Also it's so cool seeing them together, since I have them both box'd up atm :lol
Thank you! Decided to change it up and try to steal her pose from the new movie poster. Impossible to do without using her stand for a little support, but I think I'm happy with it.

DSC_0364.jpgDSC_0395.jpg

Thank you! Decided to change it up and try to steal her pose from the new movie poster. Impossible to do without using her stand for a little support, but I think I'm happy with it.

View attachment 511957View attachment 511958

Yeah excellent pose, looks like she is confidently walking with purpose ...very natural!!

You said you used the stand but I don’t see it?

Yeah excellent pose, looks like she is confidently walking with purpose ...very natural!!

You said you used the stand but I don?t see it?
Thanks! Yeah, I painted out the bit where the stand meets the base in Photoshop :)

But I also just had her resting against the crotch-grabber because you cannot get her legs in that convincing walk pose if the stand is hooked between her legs. Now that she is up on the shelf i just gently hooked the crotch grabber through her belt on the back to keep her secure, which is working so far.

Thanks! Yeah, I painted out the bit where the stand meets the base in Photoshop :)

But I also just had her resting against the crotch-grabber because you cannot get her legs in that convincing walk pose if the stand is hooked between her legs. Now that she is up on the shelf i just gently hooked the crotch grabber through her belt on the back to keep her secure, which is working so far.

Hooking the crotch grabber to the back of her belt is a great idea and is sure to be duplicated.

The more I see this figure the greater my appreciation for it grows. The headsculpt is phenomenal and even though I still think she is too short I think the body proportions are the most realistic of any of the BW figures to date.

Hooking the crotch grabber to the back of her belt is a great idea and is sure to be duplicated.

The more I see this figure the greater my appreciation for it grows. The headsculpt is phenomenal and even though I still think she is too short I think the body proportions are the most realistic of any of the BW figures to date.
Yeah the proportions are quite good; I am curious if Hot Toys will stick with this body for the white suit and I suspect that they will.

I do not want anyone to damage their figure so here’s a photo to show that I have the belt just barely resting on the crotch grabber so as not to stretch out or snap the belt. She is such a light figure that this is all it really takes to support her. FF7B8E70-579A-42F6-9291-668B60372649.jpeg

Forgot I had her in my POL at BBTS.. had there too long ..they got tired and shipped it to me yesterday

better late than never

Best HT BW I own by far..the articulation is a annoyance though..Upon further inspection ..this EG gear is no were near her solo movie outfit..the design is completely different…I don’t see why on reviews they are comparing this outfit to the solo one and the ironic twist is that solo outfit is actually an older outfit given the movie’s timeline..so I wonder if this gear was more advanced .

Last edited:
Forgot I had her in my POL at BBTS.. had there too long ..they got tired and shipped it to me yesterday

better late than never

Best HT BW I own by far..the articulation is a annoyance though..Upon further inspection ..this EG gear is no were near her solo movie outfit..the design is completely different…I don’t see why on reviews they are comparing this outfit to the solo one and the ironic twist is that solo outfit is actually an older outfit given the movie’s timeline..so I wonder if this gear was more advanced .
Sorry, not trying to take away from this figure if you own/like it, but the paint app on the EG Widow always struck me as low fidelity and blatantly toyish.

While I'm not a fan of the spaghetti hair on the solo BW movie black and gray suit, the face sculpt and paint app is high fidelity AF in comparison...very life-like if you just focus on the face and not the hair.

Back