1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
considering getting this figure - how is the material for posing? Would it be bad to leave the elbows or knees bent for a long period of time?

Thanks

Resurrecting this thread to share a photo I did of her with Steve.

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Yes, thanks for sharing this picture, it is helpful. So yeah she may not be diminutive but her figure is still significantly undersized compared to the others relative to their appearance in the films. This is a great looking figure but without a doubt it is too small. Is she the same height as the Civil War version? For some reason the CW version seems a little taller, of course I have no idea because mine is in its box in my attic :)
So I took a ruler to my Endgame Widow and the figure comes to 10 ands 3/4 inches tall. At 1/6 scale that puts her "height" at 5'3". Factor in that she's wearing heels and that puts her actual "height" at 4'11". (I'm calling the heels four inches based on how the figure's boots look.) Thankfully, a simple fix is just to pull her boots down a bit which adds height to her calves and ankles. The figure actually has relatively short calves so pulling her boots down makes her body look better. The stock figure's boots reach nearly up to her kneecaps.

She'll never look quite right posed with Cap because Cap is oversized, especially with the Rogers headsculpt which is how I have him (as the helmeted head is a bit too small for the body) but she looks a lot better next to him now.

So I took a ruler to my Endgame Widow and the figure comes to 10 ands 3/4 inches tall. At 1/6 scale that puts her "height" at 5'3". Factor in that she's wearing heels and that puts her actual "height" at 4'11". (I'm calling the heels four inches based on how the figure's boots look.) Thankfully, a simple fix is just to pull her boots down a bit which adds height to her calves and ankles. The figure actually has relatively short calves so pulling her boots down makes her body look better. The stock figure's boots reach nearly up to her kneecaps.

She'll never look quite right posed with Cap because Cap is oversized, especially with the Rogers headsculpt which is how I have him (as the helmeted head is a bit too small for the body) but she looks a lot better next to him now.
Thanks for the info.
And yea, your solution sounds really nice, bk she definitely needs some height. I was thinking of getting this figure and adding small ankle extenders if possible (like I did with Captain Marvel), but I don’t know if that would work with these boots.

This may be a silly question as I'm fairly inexperienced with collecting, but is there any long term risk/harm to pushing her braid over her shoulder? I like the look a lot more that way, but I don't want to risk damaging the figure.

This may be a silly question as I'm fairly inexperienced with collecting, but is there any long term risk/harm to pushing her braid over her shoulder? I like the look a lot more that way, but I don't want to risk damaging the figure.
It’s pretty pliable. I have a loose head I put on a civilian clothing Widow figure and I just removed the braid. It’s glued in just behind her left ear and just pulled off this one off mine.

Attachments

• 9D9EDED0-FFFC-456B-8BB0-F9A9767E5436.jpeg
    9D9EDED0-FFFC-456B-8BB0-F9A9767E5436.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • B8DB2BE9-61C8-4CF0-8314-5C57816C7015.jpeg
    B8DB2BE9-61C8-4CF0-8314-5C57816C7015.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Any long term thoughts on this figure and how it’s holding up?

Also how do you think this Endgame figure stacks up again the Solo Movie black outfit?

Last edited:
Any long term thoughts on this figure and how it’s holding up?

Well I uh, I haven't opened this Black Widow yet so I'm not quite sure 😅

Also how do you think this Endgame figure stacks up again the Solo Movie black outfit?

While I think this EG is a good figure, based on photos and reviews I think it holds its own compared to the newer Widows.

Has anyone done a body swap of any kind with this figure?

I'm sorta curious too - I recall seeing some do body swaps with some of the previous figures, but I haven't seen any done on this one. (Perhaps, presumably because the suit is difficult to remove and/or the since the suit has that vinyl-y material it wouldn't be able to fit onto other bodies.)

Well I uh, I haven't opened this Black Widow yet so I'm not quite sure 😅

While I think this EG is a good figure, based on photos and reviews I think it holds its own compared to the newer Widows.

I'm sorta curious too - I recall seeing some do body swaps with some of the previous figures, but I haven't seen any done on this one. (Perhaps, presumably because the suit is difficult to remove and/or the since the suit has that vinyl-y material it wouldn't be able to fit onto other bodies.)
Yeah
I have also seen a few pics, I don’t know who the source is unfortunately but, it looks like a Phicen body is being used to swap out and it looks pretty good even though the skin tone is different.

As you mention it seems like the Endgame suit may be difficult to get off but once if it seems like there may be enough extra fabric at the end of the arms and the legs to accommodate a slightly taller body.

Here are the pics I referenced above, again they are not mine, and if the photographer is a member here I apologize for sharing these without crediting you …

Attachments

• AD718C90-DC5C-4461-B42D-942F43156150.jpeg
    AD718C90-DC5C-4461-B42D-942F43156150.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • C77DEDC6-E010-4A5B-B3C5-2C87559CD935.jpeg
    C77DEDC6-E010-4A5B-B3C5-2C87559CD935.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
Yeah
I have also seen a few pics, I don’t know who the source is unfortunately but, it looks like a Phicen body is being used to swap out and it looks pretty good even though the skin tone is different.

As you mention it seems like the Endgame suit may be difficult to get off but once if it seems like there may be enough extra fabric at the end of the arms and the legs to accommodate a slightly taller body.

Here are the pics I referenced above, again they are not mine, and if the photographer is a member here I apologize for sharing these without crediting you …
This looks pretty good. How in the world did he or she get that suit off. Any idea which phicen body this is?

Yeah

Good find! I'm gladly surprised the person who did it was able to pull it off, and pull it off well! Yep, seems so; it seems the suit has a lot of give/stretch if it can be put on a larger body since EG BW is relatively small. Yeah haha, per the customizers/kitbashers, most Phicen bodies don't match one-on-one with the HT skin/color tones, but the contrast doesn't look too bothersome to me.

This looks pretty good. How in the world did he or she get that suit off. Any idea which phicen body this is?

To my eye, I think it looks like the S23B :)

Good find! I'm gladly surprised the person who did it was able to pull it off, and pull it off well! Yep, seems so; it seems the suit has a lot of give/stretch if it can be put on a larger body since EG BW is relatively small. Yeah haha, per the customizers/kitbashers, most Phicen bodies don't match one-on-one with the HT skin/color tones, but the contrast doesn't look too bothersome to me.

To my eye, I think it looks like the S23B :)
Thanks Zurdo, I have zero knowledge about Phicen bodies and the differences other than the fact lots of people seem to use them to customize and/or augment Hot Toys figures.

I did recently see a Danoby video where he uses a Phicen 34 B (I believe) but it was for a Black Widow bikini sort of customization.

Thanks Zurdo, I have zero knowledge about Phicen bodies and the differences other than the fact lots of people seem to use them to customize and/or augment Hot Toys figures.

I did recently see a Danoby video where he uses a Phicen 34 B (I believe) but it was for a Black Widow bikini sort of customization.

Yeah ahaha the different variations of the Phicen bodies can be a bit confusing at first, and even then I don't really know all of them :lol Based on the few I do have I think they're fantastic.

Back