Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to summarise, excluding the errors in the faceplate, the molds seem to be based off of the CGI version but with the colour assignment of the Prop suit. There is an extra flap that should only be on the Mark 2 and there are a couple of pieces that are either missing detail or don't line up.

Wow! Thanks for sharing, Dave!

Hi Res pg 9 post #84

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_16.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_18.jpg

up_19.jpg

up_20.jpg

up_21.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_22.jpg

up_23.jpg

up_24.jpg

up_25.jpg

up_26.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_1.jpg

ok this is the holy grail right?

I'm gonna sell my Mark 42 that is unopened since release (I plan to open when I move), and keep this one instead. I don't see myself being excited for another Iron Man figure. This seems like a keeper.

Hrm... I dunno, I think I'm leaning towards Sideshow's statue for a quarter scale mk3 representation. I'm typically a figure guy, not a statue guy, but I almost feel like the statue looks more natural.

I'm reaching the point where, with over 150 figures, so many of them Iron Man, there are just a finite number of interesting poses you can get them into.

I'm thinking it may be worth foregoing articulation this time for (what appears to be) better proportions and color. May wait for in hand pics of the statue to decide.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I preordered this at BBTS. Upfront down payment is fairly steep imo for a down payment over a year out, but helps break up the payment i suppose.

Got the regular version. Was on the fence with that decision, regular or deluxe. $60 savings and simplicity were the deciding factors.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

As for purchase.. with the cost gravitating into the over $1000NZ for me by the time I pay taxes and shipping, the Mk 43 will more than likely always stay my one and only quarter scale. The detail on it is insane and it really does look a lot better than the sixth scale. (Many say the quarter scale 45 just looks like a bigger version of the sixth scale)

And while the III is a classic and iconic suit, it does look dated now, even compared to the IV and VII. I know it was just the v2.0 of Tony's first proper suit (the II), but by comparison to a modern suit it looks like he made it out of a coke can with tin-snips.. If I didn't already have a quarter scale, this might be the one I'd grab given the 10th Anniversary and nostalgia though.. (the VI or VII at the same scale is more appealing however)

Please, do. I've been lookin' at The Art of Iron Man a lot after the announcement and kinda goin' crazy right now... Would be nice to have someone share it with me. :lol

Did the Art of Iron Man illustration show any design of the mark3 suit, specifically under the back flaps? The quarter scale figure has its details seem quite simple/lacking under the back flaps.

index.jpg

Do you guys think the RDJ head sculpt from the Mark 43 will fit here? Does it fit on the Mark 42?

I'm planning to sell my Mark 43 Deluxe which is still unopened since release day... I don't know whether to open it to keep the head sculpt or buy separately on ebay. There are a few listed right now, and I'm not sure if they're originals or custom..

Do you guys think the RDJ head sculpt from the Mark 43 will fit here? Does it fit on the Mark 42?

I'm planning to sell my Mark 43 Deluxe which is still unopened since release day... I don't know whether to open it to keep the head sculpt or buy separately on ebay. There are a few listed right now, and I'm not sure if they're originals or custom..

Why wouldn't you just keep the head and sell the rest of the Mark 43 if you have it? Will probably save the most money that way too.

Why wouldn't you just keep the head and sell the rest of the Mark 43 if you have it? Will probably save the most money that way too.

Haha I'm just thinking it might have more value if it's unopened and not tampered with :)

Maybe it's just me, but I just assume that buyers won't completely trust the description, and the condition if I tell them I never took the figure out of the box, and only opened it to keep the headsculpt.

Back