Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you say that when the second armor they made in 1/4 was the XLV? That barely got any screen time or love from the viewers and collectors. Even if it was true that they limit the QS to icons, you're telling me the Mark VI is not an icon? That's the one of the most recognized armors in all the movies, it was used for the best parts of IM2 and the majority of Avengers.

I'm confident we will see the Mark VI, Mark II (easy repaint like they did with XLII) and I'll even go as far as holding my breath for a Mark VII.

I'll agree about the 45. That was an odd choice after the 43, although 42 was an obvious route for them to go... but I don't think they'll "redo all the amours" as people think/hope. I-VII are famous... Arguably III, VI and VII are more famous and depending on who you talk to, the favourites...

But no chance on V, absolutely zero to no chance on the HPP. The QS line now is up to 10? figures, after how many years. 4 from Dark Knight Trilogy, Baby Groot, Boba Fett, and the rest Iron Man.. We aren't going to seen ten new quarter scale Iron Man figures in the next 5 years. Just not going to happen.

Well that's wishful thinking. The market for 1/4 is no where near as large as the 1/6 market. We were seeing more 1/4 figures a few years back but in the past couple there have been way less.

Iron Man Mark 3 is a super safe bet, but doing one of the more obscure armors in 1/4 now? Not a chance. Hot Toys has seemed to limit the QS line too absolute icons anyways.

Not sure about the 1/4 being more popular back in the day either. They have released the 42,43,45 and announced the mk3 plus begins Batman and Nolan joker plus Boba Fett in the last few years. Plus kylo Ren. That’s 70% of all 1/4 in the last few years. Seems like they are increasing production on them

Not sure about the 1/4 being more popular back in the day either. They have released the 42,43,45 and announced the mk3 plus begins Batman and Nolan joker plus Boba Fett in the last few years. Plus kylo Ren. That’s 70% of all 1/4 in the last few years. Seems like they are increasing production on them

Kylo Ren hasn't even been solicitated. We've seen Vader and the Stormtrooper a few times but those haven't seen the light of day since either.

1/4 has never been hugely popular, but it started to gain more traction from a variety of companies around 2013/2014. People started to get on board for a few of them, but then in the past couple years we have seen less. MOST collectors only want or have the space for a few QS figures. As such people are much more particular in the QS figures they will buy. I can't see anybody dropping $500 on some random Iron Man suit, save for a very small minority. Mark 3 is an excellent choice as another entry into the line, but a lot of the other suit ideas being tossed around are total no go's. Hot Toys needs to be much more delicate and precise in choosing what they put out in QS. I already feel like they've done too many Iron Man's. Ideally they would have just done Mark 3 and Mark 43. Maybe a Mark 6 someday.

This is coming from someone who ONLY collects 1/4 figures. I love the scale and I love many figures put out from both Hot Toys and NECA, but for Hot Toys to go and do a bunch of QS Iron Men would just be a foolish move on their part.

Kylo Ren hasn't even been solicitated. We've seen Vader and the Stormtrooper a few times but those haven't seen the light of day since either.

1/4 has never been hugely popular, but it started to gain more traction from a variety of companies around 2013/2014. People started to get on board for a few of them, but then in the past couple years we have seen less. MOST collectors only want or have the space for a few QS figures. As such people are much more particular in the QS figures they will buy. I can't see anybody dropping $500 on some random Iron Man suit, save for a very small minority. Mark 3 is an excellent choice as another entry into the line, but a lot of the other suit ideas being tossed around are total no go's. Hot Toys needs to be much more delicate and precise in choosing what they put out in QS. I already feel like they've done too many Iron Man's. Ideally they would have just done Mark 3 and Mark 43. Maybe a Mark 6 someday.

This is coming from someone who ONLY collects 1/4 figures. I love the scale and I love many figures put out from both Hot Toys and NECA, but for Hot Toys to go and do a bunch of QS Iron Men would just be a foolish move on their part.

In all sincerity, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/4 May have been more popular in other lines back then but it’s much more popular currently with hot toys then it was back then.

If people are willing to buy a nearly 1000 dollar hulkbuster, and it goes waitlist, 500 bucks for a 1/4 version of a suit you like isn’t that hard to imagine. Yes, the higher price point will constrict the market. However it will also entice many statue collectors who prefer the non figure look but with more pose ability and that market often has 1/5 or 1/4 scale releases.

Yes, kylo has not been released yet or put up. But take that away and you still have twice as many figures out up recently as was done in the time period you are referring to. The mk6 and mk7 are probably the most popular suits. And they both have super easy repaint version that cost nothing additional in tooling for the company. (Same as the 2/3) I see no reason they would not eventually get a look given the current release track. They are factually ramping up their 1/4 scale releases, not slowing down.

No matter what some company like PI or CMC does hot Toys is entirely different. They are the most popular high end line, and it’s not even close. PI, the other company that was doing high end folded..into CMC. They have entirely different track records. Also, NECA is selling a bunch of 1/4 stuff as well Now that I think about it.

+1

Also, can folks list out other issues too, when they say that the armour is not 'accurate'. I understand the colour is one of the concerns. What are the other things that is bothering people?

Anyone? :)

View attachment 395729

The red section in the middle is too wide and also doesn't come down far enough. They got it right on the VI but it looks like they just scaled up the 1/6 version for the 1/4.
The forearm missile is also incorrect. Again they just decided to scale up the 1/6 version instead of looking at the movie.

28058921_10155290686987344_7898419169420394847_n.jpg

The forearm missile is also incorrect. Again they just decided to scale up the 1/6 version instead of looking at the movie.

28058921_10155290686987344_7898419169420394847_n.jpg

Thanks!

I am also a li'l concerned about it looking a bit skinny. The suits (1/6) always looked like they did not have a 'man' inside (like Mark I); especially, Mark V. But I just saw Mark III (1/6) and it seems they have beefed him up, which is good. Hope the 1/4 will have better proportions as well.

*Iron Man nerd mode engaged*

So upon closer inspection the details on this are all over the shop. It's a mixture between the Stan Winston suit and the CGI model as well as having details that aren't even on the mark 3 but are actually off the mark 2. I'll post some comparisons if anyone is interested.

I wouldn't say they were deal breakers but this should be the definitive mark 3.

So upon closer inspection the details on this are all over the shop. It's a mixture between the Stan Winston suit and the CGI model as well as having details that aren't even on the mark 3 but are actually off the mark 2. I'll post some comparisons if anyone is interested.
Please, do. I've been lookin' at The Art of Iron Man a lot after the announcement and kinda goin' crazy right now... Would be nice to have someone share it with me. :lol

I wouldn't say they were deal breakers but this should be the definitive mark 3.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see your comparison pictures, man. Please post them.

Please do.

Thank you.

:)

Please enlighten us!

Preorder up at SSC: $567. Tempted, but I have no room for this. Weird how the Secret Base proto looks skinnier than the promo photos, at least in the legs.

Ok so here are the differences that I can see...

vaQCrc8.png

The neck on the Prop and the CGI are slightly different from one another but more or less the same. The HT has this little detail missing. Also the traps have a little square section near the neck. On the Prop this is red and has no detail. On the CGI it is grey and has another small recess on it. The HT version has the CGI design but has taken the colouring from the Prop.

NUvdo6j.png

Both the Prop and CGI under arms have one grey section with 2 lines in it. The HT has 2 grey sections and no lines.

AO516SJ.png

The HT has an extra scapula flap with several lines in it. This piece only appears on the Mark 2 and is never seen on the Mark 3.

rcpkytL.png

The Prop gauntlet has two 'flares' at the wrist while the CGI only has one on the thumb side while the pinky finger side is flat. The HT also only has one 'flare' like the CGI.

KC0JUzf.png

Both the Prop and CGI calves have the front and back panels line up. The HT doesn't line up.

1TmU7el.png

The toe pivot on the Prop is grey while it is red on the CGI. The HT is also grey like the Prop.

So to summarise, excluding the errors in the faceplate, the molds seem to be based off of the CGI version but with the colour assignment of the Prop suit. There is an extra flap that should only be on the Mark 2 and there are a couple of pieces that are either missing detail or don't line up.

Back